15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other (explain)

I wonder why people think Chrome is 'faster' than Firefox, ok i know Firefox starts up slower (partly due to the plugin system which is a BIG advantage for users), but after that i just dont see in what way Chrome is faster than Firefox.

On the other hand chrome just opens web pages, no blocking no controlling over content nothing, its dumb. Also when you have, say, 10 tabs open, in the background there are 10 friggin' chrome.exe running which hogs the pc. (10 tabs is under my average too). Considering RAM usage, those 10 chrome.exe's are eating up much more ram than my lovely firefox with all its plugins (like 20+).

That's why my favorite is Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite is definately Chrome though I sometimes use internet explorer for the few things that don't work with chrome (the only one I can recall is the uploading of mangas on one website that dosen't work on chrome).

My chrome also has a few indispensible add-ons like adblock plus & a few others. I also like the favourites thing in chrome and the fact that it updates my favourites to both of my comps (one laptop for school & one desktop for gaming).

I tried Opera for some time but found it laggy so it was quickly uninstalled.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite browsers are Internet explorer 9 and Firefox but Internet explorer 9 most because it's stable enough and main thing is that each and every content of a site is loaded properly, while in other browsers many things are skipped for showing higher speed of browsing.

• 2 weeks later...

For me - Chrome > Firefox > Opera > Safari > Internet Explorer.

I actually prefer all the features of Firefox, but I love the fact that Chrome is so lightweight. Until the end of last year I had an ATOM powered netbook which needed all the help it could get. Chrome still loaded instantly even with the lackluster specs on the computer. Since then, especially with google sync (I know other browsers have got this since but as far as I know Chrome was the only one that did that when I first started using it), I have never looked back.