15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other (explain)

What is your favorite web browser, and which do you believe is the best of the best?

I've only used Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Internet Explorer is very buggy. It doesn't display correctly alot of the time as it was designed basically to make n00b coders incorrectly coded sites display fine, therefore alot of correctly coded sites are altered. Internet Explorer is also the least secure web browser and is the biggest target for ad ware and spy ware.

On the other hand Fire Fox is one of the #1 recommended browsers by many people, as well as it has won several awards for best browser. Most webmasters use it, and recommend it over all others, and it has alot of helpful plug ins. However at first Firefox can be a bit slow and not run very well, but you can fix that by going into the configurations and changing a couple things. Or at least it was that way on earlier versions.

So I believe Fire Fox is the best. ^_^

[Added tags, yo. Also made the poll show up because it wasn't showing for me. - EO]

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Destiny Angel

Firefox for the win. It loads fast, the only thing that bugs me is that it doesn't display those small boxes for images in posts, so when my internet is slow i have to wait a while for at least a couple of picals to load for that image to load so i can right click and view the image so the download focuses on that, faster image loading.

But meh, firefox i like.

Firefox for sure. Firefox can be sped up aswell....

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place, but It will get read here.

"Hope this is posted in the write section.

Ok,

Firefox has it's own default settings which need to be edited to speed up your bowsing speed...

Well to access the default settings; type "about:config" in the address bar. It does not matter if you are offline...

When in the menu, go to "network.http.pipelining" by default it's value is set to false. Double click it to get it to say True. By setting it True, Firefox will send multiple requests to a website!!!

In the next line, the interger is "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" It's value by default is 4, so double click on it and set the value between 20 to 30. This lets Firefox send 20 to 30 requests at the same time, to a website.

Note: Don't go past 30...the website still needs it's stupid bandwith...

If you continue down, you will find another integer. "network.http.proxy.pipelining" it's set to false, so double click and set it to true...

Finally add a new integer...Right click anywhere and select: New >> Integer. The preference name will be "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" Set it's value to zero. This new integer makes Firefox display any information it retrieves from the website ASAP. The zero tells the time Firefox should wait before showing data retrieved from an website.

--

Everybody knows that "about:blank" takes you to a blank page.

But what happens is you type "about:mozilla"?

Enjoy your new speed...

For some it may not be a noticable speed adjustment. but for me, i noticed it greatly. Worth trying if you your FF" (Originally Posted my Spit Me Out on gfxvoid.com)

• 3 years later...

I like Firefox for its various plugins like Flashblock which disables all flashes on a page and replaces them a play button so that you can run only the ones you want. Since malicious code can be inserted into a flash, it's a good idea to filter most of them out.

• 4 weeks later...