Which order do you watch episodes of cartoons in?

avalpsychicguy

Episode ordering  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which order do you like to watch episodes of cartoons in?

• Official episode numbering as found on Wikipedia
    • The order they aired in
    • Following the production codes
    • Whatever order they were provided in on your download (or any other method of watching shows)
    • Other

Cartoons often have pretty messed up episode orders, especially older ones (though there are still a few even nowadays that have ordering problems).  When you start binge-watching a completed cartoon, which order do you prefer to watch episodes in?  Please answer in the poll, but if you have some other kind of order you watch episodes in, feel free to select "Other" and voice it in a reply.  Also, I've never done this sort of thing before, so I'm not sure if I can do this text and the poll all in one post, but it's worth a shot.  If there's no poll, just reply, I guess.

I myself am a die-hard "Official Wikipedia Order" kind of person.  I find that I avoid continuity errors that way.  (If any such continuity exists in the first place, that is.)  It also makes sure I see episodes that I might otherwise miss for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 7:08 PM, 7b7b7b said:

I prefer official DVD release order. Networks have been known to broadcast episodes out of order and I like to watch them in the order the creators intended :)

Batman TAS DVDs are known for having a completely borked episode order :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Official episode numbering as found on Wikipedia, usually, except for when they are clearly intended to be viewed in another way.

I almost NEVER do airing order, unless it falls into category B, unless it is specifically designed to be viewed in that order, the intended order is always the best.

So when watching Futurama for example, Season 5 is four movies.

When watching Firefly, Serenity comes first, not the The Train Job, I cannot imagine prioritizing airing order over intended order.