Two Face

RazorDan

I will be attempting to publish this. The published version will obviously be different yet fundamentally the same. So please do not copy this or any of my earlier works or I will pursue legal action!

Kidding about the legal action :D or am I?

Copyright of RazorDan Productions

Introduction

With the increase in pressure from the public towards the limiting of nuclear weapons, governments around the world sought alternatives. Weapons that are still strong but not as devastating or destructive as nukes. Kametsu, quite a small country, was once years ahead of even the Americans and Russians. Feared by the rest of the world, there were rumours flying around that a sabotage attack was imminent. Fort Two, the hub of all alternative weaponary was believed to be the target.

7 years passed with no incident. In that time, Kametsu officially became the world's richest country. It also was the leading relief donator to the Russian nuclear accident of 1972. However, in 1974, new evidence concerning the incident came to light, incriminating Hex, the super technology that was developed and used exclusively in Fort Two. It was believed to grant human beings special 'abilities' by mastering Zena particles that awakened the unused part of the human brain. With the whole world heaping scorn and accusations on Kametsu, all the overseas Hex teams were recalled.

All Hexers (humans with special abilities) were rounded up and either killed or imprisoned despite public condemnation. On 19th November 1982, a team of terrorists stormed Fort Two and succeeded in destroying all the Hex machines. However, when a chain reaction occured as Fort Two caught fire, a storm cloud infected with Zena particles descended on Balamb, the capital city of Kametsu, causing sickness, headaches and various other ailments. Despite widespread U.N testing, no Hexers where found.

A U.N taskforce called H.C.S or the Hex Control Squad was set-up and the world agreed to stop Hex technology.

This story takes place in November 2020, in Balamb. Kametsu is overrun with corruption, crime and violence, a shadow of it's former glory. The world has forgotten about it but here in this sleeping giant, latent Hexers are beginning to surface and the world, suffering from serious overcrowding and climate change are starting to re-examine the possibility of Hex technology. Suddenly, Kametsu is being remembered.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

razordantwoface.jpg

Chapter 1: Shock

" Is that all you got loser?" grinned Anras nastily. He punched Dawn again, knocking him to the floor. Dawn cursed as he was repeatedly kicked in the stomach. Govey and Opem snickered as they watched the beating. Suddenly, a punch sent Anras flying.

" Leave him alone, you prick!" exclaimed Razor. Anras cursed and his two goons froze. Anras was tough and the most feared bully in Balamb High but everyone knew that Razor was a former youth boxer. Anras rose to his feet and squared up to Razor. They stood there, tension thick in the air. Suddenly a man appeared.

" Break it up!" he ordered, brandishing a police badge. Anras grinned and signalled to his friends and they slunked away. Razor stretched a hand out to Dawn. As the fallen boy reached for it, he yelped.

" Aah electric shock," he cursed. Razor frowned.

" Are you boys ok?" asked the police officer. Razor nodded tersely and rushed away with Dawn following. Idiot's dont realise the badge is fake, thought Vesh. Dawn stopped suddenly.

" What did you say?" he asked, confused. Vesh frowned.

" Nothing," he replied. Dawn paused for a second before running out of the alleyway.

" That was strange. It was like he could hear my thoughts." Vesh said to himself. He grinned. Suddenly he lifted the lid of a trashcan just by stretching out his palm.

" But then again, maybe he could,"

razordantwoface.jpg

Chapter 2: Jobless

Kro sat at his keyboard, typing furiously. He had a whole list of jobs to do and not much time to do them.

" Who'd of thought working for a hotel would be so hard?" he sighed aloud. Suddenly, a member of staff burst into his office.

" What is it now?" Kro asked.

" The Wi-fi in the whole hotel has gone down," panted the staff member.

" Your Craig right?"

The worker nodded.

" Tell the boss, i'll get on it after I've updated the website, fixed his laptop and updated the database," said Kro. Craig hesitated. Kro swore.

" What?" he asked, exasperated.

" The boss said do it now, our rep is on the line," he mumbled. Kro banged his fist on the table.

" Well you tell that balding tramp that I am working my ass off for a crap wage and if he's gonna treat me like his slave then i'll quit!" he yelled. Craig flinched.

" Fine quit then,"

Kro looked at the door and was dismayed to see Mr Slater,his boss standing there.

" You abuse me in my hotel do you? Get out!" ordered the boss. Kro tried to protest but was cut off.

" Your passcodes will be annulled and a replacement found. You're good but far too tough to deal with." murmured Mr Slater, before turning on his hell and striding out the room. Craig quickly rushed off too. Kro put his head in his hands. He got up and began gathering his things.

" Looks like a visit to the Job Centre is in order," he sighed, sadly.

What's happening to me? Am I a Hexer, wondered Shade as he sat on the park bench. As a refugee, he thought it was almost impossible that any member his family had been infected by Zena particles during the Storm of '82. He had been an illegal Hex researcher in his home country of Armenia and after his base was stormed, he had fled to Kametsu. His family and friends were probably dead or imprisoned. Suddenly, he felt a stone hit him in the back of the head.

" Ow!" he yelped. He turned around and saw a teenage boy and girl laughing. The boy had long black hair and startling green eyes. He was tall and was obviously well-muscled. The girl was quite pretty with long blonde hair that partially covered her eyes. She had deep blue eyes and was slim and petite.

" Look Seira. he's checking you out," giggled the boy. The girl shrieked. They were quite drunk, Shade noticed.

" Anras, sort him out!" said Seira, tipsily. Anras drunkenly swaggered over to Shade. Perfect, thought Shade. He put his hand on Anras's shoulder.

" Sleep," he murmured. His voice took on a commanding tone and as sleep spread through Anras's head, Seira screamed. Shade turned to her.

" Stay away!" she yelled. Strangely, she raised her hand and swung her arm towards Shade. Shade blinked as rocks flew at him. He ducked sharply before jumping at her.

" Sleep,"

Seira's eyes rolled back into her head and she too fell asleep.

" She has powers too?!" gasped Shade to himself. If they both had powers then there was a high chance that others would too, he deduced.

" I'll find the others," he said. Suddenly, his stomach rumbled.

" I need to pay a visit to the job centre first though,"