So I had sudden inspiration to write a short story. I decided to do it in third person which is a bit out of my comfort zone. (Normally I do first person POVs) Anyway, here it is, enjoy.

“Father, I have a confession.”

A man in his late thirties spoke out of a confessional. His voice was rugged and somehow tragic. The priest could smell a putrid smell coming from the man, though he set it aside. It was the rules of the church to have open doors to all that seek refuge.

“I’ve done something terrible...”

“Nothing you can do is so bad that God cannot forgive, my child. What is it that you have done?” The priest replied in a matter of fact manner.

“God doesn’t need to forgive me. Rather, he can’t. Not anymore.”

“God is all-mighty and all-forgiving, my child. If you truly seek forgiveness, you shall be forgiven.”

A silence remained for a split second before the man opened his mouth slowly.

“I killed him-…” The man cut his sentence short and blinked back his tears.

“Him?” The priest asked with a steady voice.

“I killed God.”

A silence hit the church. The birds could be heard from outside and the sun that had just started to rise found its way through the windows.

The priest stood there with his hand over his mouth.

“Surely you must be joking. You cannot kill God. It’s impossible!” The priest finally replied.

“God’s dead. I’m sorry…”

“I would watch what you say, my child. What you speak is words of poison.” The priest’s voice churned with irritation. But still, he stayed true to the code of the church and allowed the man to stay.

“How can you believe in a God that let’s bad things happen?”

“Everything happens for a reason. If something bad happens, there is a greater plan for it.”

“And what if it was done on a whim?” The man asked.

“Nothing is ever done without a reason. Though the Devil may tempt us away from the path, as long as we stay true to God salvation is ours.”

“Will you still stay true to him even though he’s dead?”

Outraged at the words, the priest began to lose his cool.

“Do not speak blasphemy in this church, my child. This is the house of God.”

“Then it is the house of a dead man.” The man wiped the tears swelling in his eyes.

“Get out!” The priest raised his voice and walked out of the confessional.

“If you have no intent to be forgiven, then forgiveness will not come! If you choose to continue such blasphemy you have to leave this church!”

Soft sobs could be heard from the other side of the confessional.

“It’s too sad… What kind of God would do this to you?” The man left the confessional.

“I’m sorry… I hope ‘your’ God hasn’t died.” The man mumbled faintly with his eyes darting at the confessional.

===

The rancid smell had not left the church, even hours after the man had. The priest decided to look through the confessional and he found a bag oozing a thick, brown liquid.

He opened it to see familiar faces, families, friends and residents of the community. Everyone he knew, everyone he cared about.

He let out a scream and fell on to his knees.

“Why…?” he whispered softly as quiet sobs echoed.

• Like 2

Certainly different to what I've seen you do Breathless and I can imagine where you got the idea to write this from, I'd like to see more, I didn't overly like it but I didn't hate it either, keep up the good work.

Haha, I wasn't too sure what I wanted to write as I was typing away, but I wanted to try a neater, darker style to what I normally do. I find my own works a bit haphazardous and 'young'? So I wanted to fix that up, I think this is a step in the right direction for me. Glad to see no one hated it, haha.
I probably won't be continuing this exact story, but I may have another short story up soon! (I have a lot of fun writing, and it's been a while!)
Thank you for taking the time to read my works. I really appreciate the comments and feedback!  :ewhz:

• Like 1

I'll always read your works man, they're good stuff usually and worth a read, plus giving feedback is important on anything, especially writing. I'd say this is definitely more serious and darker then what you  wrote before.

I enjoyed it, all I wanted to do was keep reading to see what each character was going to say next. I wish it was longer though,

I would like to read something like this again.

• Like 1

Dang.....Dark....Creepy..... Eerie.....I LOVE IT!!! I would totally love to see where this could have gone, and to read prior to the start of this.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PowerBen10
      Teen Titans Go! is a comic book series based on the 2003 animated TV series Teen Titans. It often extends from the show, expanding on plot lines the show introduced and adding new characters. The animated series itself is loosely based on the characters that starred in the popular 1980s comic The New Teen Titans. The series is completely different from the original comics which were written in the 1960s.
      The series was written by Joseph Torres, and Todd Nauck and Larry Stucker were the regular illustrators. The series was published by DC Comics.

Teen Titans Go! Comics (Megalink)
    • By Emotional Outlet
      Michael stared at the woman in the mirror. He supposed averaging four hours of sleep over the past two weeks wasn't ideal, but hallucinations seemed excessive.

She seemed to blink when he did, mimicking his other movements perfectly. Even the number of teeth seemed to match as he ran his tongue over each one.

When he reached for the long dark hair that flowed over her shoulders in the reflection and grabbed an unexpected handful of hair, he took in a slow, controlled breath. The reflection smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling and drawing attention to the faint bags that formed beneath.

He felt his lips part. “That’s enough for now.” The voice was feminine, static faint beneath the lilting sounds. “Rest your eyes, won’t you?”

Michael went to sleep.

===

Something stank.

Corben tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but was met with utmost resistance from his body. He groaned and took a mental step back, focusing his energy into opening his eyes.

It was painful, like soap rubbed under his eyelids. His arms wouldn’t cooperate long enough to let him rub the pain out, so he squeezed his eyes shut, forcing out the pooled tears. They tumbled over his cheeks hotly and still his eyes burned.

After a few orchestrated blinks, he managed to stabilise his vision long enough to examine his surroundings—or, at least, realise he was staring at the open predawn sky sandwiched between towering grey brick.

The smell hadn’t left either.

He tried to move again. It felt like he was lying on garbage bags, but he couldn’t get past how much his eyes hurt. Whether the bags were filled with pizza boxes or rotten fruit didn’t make much difference—he needed to get up. Corben grit his teeth and tried to launch his upper body forward.

When his back seized with pain instead of lifting, he swore he could crack a tooth. He clumsily groped the bags beneath him, trying to force some feeling into his limbs long enough to figure out what he was lying on. What little he could feel through the plastic was immediately recognisable.

Bottles. Broken bottles.

Corben laughed.

• By Emotional Outlet
      Tangential Notes:

===

Chapter One [Part One]

The bedroom was cosy, bordering on spartan with its limited personal touches. A glass vase with two sun-faded paper flowers attached to bits of wire. An errant comb, a few strands of hair woven into its teeth, next to a small stack of dogeared magazines long since out of date. Windows curtained and shut, the bright sunlight outside was barred entry. The walls were blank, a faded beige that might have been white at some point.

Blank, save for the wall behind the bed. A mirror, wall to wall and floor to ceiling, reflected the room in its entirety. Its surface was clean and unbroken, not a single scratch or speck of dust to be found despite the headboard pushed directly against it, the sheets and comforter on the mattress in disarray.

Felicia’s voice came through the closed door from the hallway, words dampened to murmurs. The door was pushed open, marked by a slight pop as it moved past the frame. She pressed her phone to her ear with her shoulder, a bowl of cereal in her hands. Shadows had formed beneath her eyes, her dark brown hair pulled back into a messy ponytail.

She set the bowl on the nightstand and pushed the blankets aside. “No, I just got back from the lab. What’s up?” She sat down on the bed, perching her feet on the edge of the bed frame.

“Tim.” She let out a breath. “Tim, stop. I don’t think she hates you. Your sister just turned, what, thirty? Thirty-one. She’s been in the spotlight since she was your age—that’s an entire decade in front of the camera, of her name being plastered everywhere in magazines. She’s not as young as she used to be.”

Felicia switched the phone to her other ear and picked up the bowl. She popped a few spoonfuls of cereal into her mouth. The flakes were beginning to get soggy. “Much as I love to hear you suffer,” she said, putting the bowl down, “I don’t think that’s why you called me this early on a Sunday. Early for you, anyway. What’s going on?”

There was a pause as she listened, a grin spreading across her face as she snickered. “Are you kidding me? Come on, isn’t Steve going? Aren’t you guys—” Another pause. The smile on her face immediately disappeared. “Oh. Oh. Shit, I’m sorry. I didn’t… I hope they work it out. Have you asked Amy to go with you? Not my sister, Le—Bev’s daughter. She’s in town for a few weeks, isn’t she?”

Another pause. Felicia rubbed her forehead. “Figures she’d already have plans. All right, all right. I’ll go with you. It’s tomorrow night? Okay. I’ll see you at seven.” She hung up the phone and sighed, staring at the blank screen for a while.

Her eyes flicked to her reflection in the mirror. She put a hand to the glass and, for a moment, she thought that it began to ripple beneath her fingers. Something in her stomach seized and excitement crept up on her. She closed her eyes.

All she felt was its surface, solid as ever. She scolded herself silently for getting worked up and turned on her phone.

The background was somewhat distorted, just a touch too wide for the phone’s resolution. It was a picture of her as a teenager, with a ridiculous head of multi-coloured streaks she absolutely insisted was vital to her personality. Leon was carrying her on his back, a goofy grin on his face.

She frowned.

Here she found herself, sitting on a bed that had seen more people than she would like to admit, a mostly full bowl of cereal waiting for her on the nightstand, staring at an old picture…

And all she could think about was what she was going to wear tomorrow. A welcome distraction to be sure; it would be nice to be able to get away from the house. Felicia cast a sidelong glance at the mirror. Among other things.

She couldn’t shake what had happened. The mirror moved—she was convinced of that much. She dropped the phone on the bed and stood up, taking the bowl.

What more was there for her to do? Wait in front of the mirror for days like she used to? She was years away from sixteen—talking with Tim reminded her of that much. Of course, she was also years away from thirty. A small smile touched her lips.

She left the room, closing the door behind her, pulling it roughly to get it to stay shut.

• By Emotional Outlet
      These are the gifts I made for people in the Homestuck Secret Santa. They're all varying lengths, ratings, and quality (mostly closer to "sucks" than "good"). I haven't written fan fiction in, like, forever, so I have no idea how to write characters that aren't out of character, whoops.

I'll split these into two separate posts once the time limit goes by and leave it at four and four each, unless anyone would rather them all in their own post.

And if you think any of my ratings or summaries are bunk after reading, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

Waiting

Summary: Kanaya waits for Rose to show up.
      Rating: K

Trepidation

Summary: Kanaya makes a dress for Rose while Porrim tries to pry information from her.
      Rating: T
      Warnings: Hints at ectoincest.

Game Night

Summary: Board games always seem more fun in retrospect than in reality. Dave, Karkat, and Rose try to pass the time on the meteor.
      Rating: T

A Moment

Summary: Dave and Jade are out hunting for frogs and take a break.
      Rating: M
      Warnings: Non-explicit sexual encounter.