Aboard the USS NoLight

Shazi

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

OMG i've been away for so long! have a fresh chapter plus my HUGE hugs to make up for my being away

24x0zdl.png

“Commander Koby to Admiral Shazi” Koby called, “We’re just about to test some viruses on the Borg drone”

“Kinda busy Commander, let me know the results” Shazi replied “Damn it Mae, that arm of yours has had me on my toes all game!”

“Cricket again girls?” Koby asked.

“That’s right” Shazi got ready to face Mae’s next ball “now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve made a century and a half not out,”

“I have no idea what you’re on about.” Koby cut the link and entered the cargo bay. “alright everyone, lets see of this works” Koby said to the research crew.

“If I doesn’t we’ve got nothing left.” Oby said, “everything we’ve tried does nothing.”

“Except get assimilated,” Ballard said off handedly.

“It’ll work!” Rezin said confidently, “it has to”

“Send it through Commander Koby” Shade said. Koby went to the computer outside the Borg drone’s housing and typed in the command.

The teams watched as the first virus entered the confinement as a mist. The drone, which had been dormant, rose to meet the mist.

“We are the Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile.” it said to the mist. The drone reached out and absorbed the mist into itself.

“How will we know it worked?” Rezin asked quietly.

“It will show symptoms in 4-6 hours” Koby replied. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to report to Admiral Shazi.

“4-6 hours? I’m going to watch Mae pwn Shazi at cricket” Oby said.

“You understand that game?’ Koby asked as the two of them left the cargo bay

“Sort of, they’re on day 4 at the moment,” Oby replied, “last I checked, test matches go for 5 days.”

“5 days for a sports game? Sometime I swear Australians are insane” Koby muttered

“The British play it too” Oby shrugged

“And they’re just as mental,” Koby replied. They both laughed as they entered the holodeck.

“C'MON BOYS!” Shazi yelled from the pavilion “DON’T LET HER SCARE YOU!”

“Still going ladies?” Oby asked and sat next to Shazi.

“Yeah, I went out for 162 just a couple of minutes ago and these boys are hopeless.” she threw her hand out towards the two men batting. “at this rate they’re lucky to get 10 each before Mae either knocks them out with her vicious arm or they get caught out by her fielders, and we finish the innings with only 200 or so”

Both Koby and Oby could only nod. Neither of them quite understanding what she’d just said.

“Anyway, I’m just here to report the beginning of viral testing, since you were batting when I contacted earlier.” Koby said

“Yeah, I was a little preoccupied then. Have you had any luck?” Shazi laughed and asked.

“Unfortunately virus’s take time to display effects” Koby said “that’s why we saved it for last.”

“So none of our other testing would interfere with them.” Oby added.

“Of course. That makes sense” Shazi replied. “report any signs of resistance. These Twilitian Borg will be eliminated, or I die trying.”

“Yes ma’am.” Oby and Koby nodded.

• 1 month later...

sorry it's taken me so long again, but here's a new chapter

2cr7crl.png

“Anything yet?” Ballard asked. Rezin squinted at the drone which hadn’t moved in hours.

“It’s still not moving.” Rezin sighed.

“No new markings or anything?” Ballard offered.

“Nothing”

“Ugh, Koby should be the one watching this damn thing. it’s his disease.” Ballard grumbled.

“Yeah but do you really wanna piss Major Mae off by keeping Koby here.” Rezin pointed out. Ballard went slightly pale.

“I’ll take my chances with the Borg thank you.” Ballard replied.

“Ensign Rezin to Commander Koby.”

“Anything?” Koby asked

“Sorry sir, nothing at all,” Rezin answered.

“Damn” Koby cursed

“Oh my god!” Ballard yelled in the background

“What happened? Holy crap!” Rezin said

“What’s going on?” Koby asked

“Requesting immediate lock down of cargo bay 6” Rezin yelled.

“Request granted” Koby jumped at the nearest computer and typed in the command.

“Lock down on cargo bay 6” The computer responded, alerting the entire ship.

“Lock down, the hell is that about?” Shazi asked the bridge. Mae quickly checked the security log.

“The computer indicates that Koby put in the command.” Mae replied. Shazi opened a link.

“Koby what the hell?” Shazi demanded, “ Rezin and Ballard are still down there!”

“I know ma’am, I’m working on it.” Koby replied. “Rezin requested the lock down, I’m not sure what happened,”

“Rezin requested the lock down?” Leki asked curiously, “this can’t be good.”

“Commander Ballard to Admiral Shazi”

“Just what in the heck and a bottle of rum is going on!?” Shazi demanded

“The Borg went berserk and nearly took down the containment field” Ballard replied breathing heavily. “ Rezin requested the lock down to avoid any damage to the ship”

“Is Rezin okay?” Koby asked from his link

“A little on the unconscious side but he’s fine.” Ballard replied.

“And the Borg?” Shazi asked

“Appears to be dead.” he replied

‘I’ll scan it from here to make sure,” Koby said.

“This is slightly surreal” Shazi said, with her fingers crossed.

“Definitely dead” Koby reported.

Have another chapter. Dedicated to mah big sister Mae!

2nqtgtg.png

“So Ensign, think you can make it?” Shazi showed Rezin the requirements

“Well the mechanics in the containment chamber may be a little fiddly and the mist effect is gonna take a while to get right, but I reckon it’ll work out just fine” Rezin replied

“Good, get to work. Have Commander Chaos order in anything you need, I give you special clearance Elric for this project” Shazi tapped his shoulder and left

“Admiral Shazi to commander Koby”

“yes ma’am” Koby replied

“Since we’ve discovered this virus kills Borg, I’ve completely forgotten to ask you what it’s called”

“Cryptococcus ma’am” Koby said bluntly. Shazi smirked

“Krypto cockus?” she asked with a giggle

“Yes ma’am Cryptocuccus” Koby replied simply.

“Mmkay, what precautions do we really have to take with this, Krypto Cockus?” she asked

“Just a gas mask is fine ma’am” Koby replied

“To defend against Krypto Cockus”

“Yes ma’am” Koby replied “did you need anything else?”

“Nope, just the Krypto Cockus thing” Shazi replied “Shazi out” she added with a giggle.

“I don’t see what’s so funny about Cryptococcus” Koby muttered to himself, “The virus will give you a heart attack”

“it has the word ‘cock’ in it commander” Empathy poked her head into Koby’s office and said with a grin, then left.

Koby facepalmed.

“Of course it does” he muttered again “Commander Koby to Lieutenant Oby”

“sir” Oby replied

“how are those crypto-”

“Fine commander” she cut him off “it’s just that word is hilarious when you say it so bluntly”

“So I’ve learnt” he replied dully

“Admiral?”

“Admiral” he sighed, “wouldn’t she be more mature, being in charge and all?”

“She’s only 18 give her a break” she replied

“18 and in charge of a ship” he cursed, “but she definitely knows her stuff”

“She does her best” she replied, “Remembering she’s still a kid”

“More or less” he added “Koby out”

“Commander, Mae and amber are here to see you” Empathy called. Koby grinned to himself.

“Today is a good day”

“Shade, how goes the preparations?” Shazi asked

“Development of the cryptococcus dispensers is at 67%, Ensign Rezin has developed a prototype of the virus cannon which is currently being tested in the holodeck” shade replied “immunisation of the away team is at 83% and quarantine area development is at 33%” he continued down the list of preparation on his console.

“And our shipment?” Shazi asked

“Shipment?” Shade asked puzzled “shipment of what?” he scrolled down the list to find what she was talking about

“don’t worry about it shade. Admiral Shazi to Commander Chaos” Shazi opened a link. Shade kept scrolling up and down his list to find the shipment. Unsure of how he’d missed such an important thing.

“Yes ma’am” Chaos replied

“How’s our shipment?” she asked

“Right on schedule” Chaos replied happily “Sergeant Rune should arrive here with everything within the next few days”

“Excellent, Shazi out” Shazi cut the link

“I’m sorry ma’am, I can’t believe I missed that” Shade apologised.

“I don’t expect you to keep track of everything Shade” Shazi soothed “it’s a little harder to do when there is so many separate minds” she smiled.