Aboard the USS NoLight

Shazi

FILLER CHAPTER!!! sorry, i was really stuck for what to do next.

ATUSSNLch9.png

The U.S.S NoLight had been in orbit of a Twilight free planet for three days for repairs and upgrades.

Since the ship was in orbit Ensign Leki had no work and was left dawdling the corridors aimlessly. Normally he’d be in the holodeck but Botzz and AT had been upgrading. Almost everyone had other duties to attend to. Even Ensign Wolf, who never seems to be doing anything, was busy.

“Computer, what time is it?” Leki asked.

“Twelve hundred thirty-three hours,” the computer replied in a cool female voice. The newest crew member, Shade, had added a speech pattern to the ship’s computer and communication system

“Time for lunch,” Leki told himself and headed to the dining area.

OOO

After a few weeks in Lieutenant Iki’s kitchen, the staff learned that was no way they were actually going to get hit by the various knives he threw around.

Today, Punner was slicing potatoes, being Tator Wednesday the menu consisted of scalloped potatoes, hash brown and potato bread on the side. Iki estimated around 200 kgs of potatoes were consumed every Wednesday. He was pushing Commander Ballard to get a bigger potato crop to compensate.

“Admiral Shazi to Lieutenant Iki”

“Yes ma’am,”

“Hold Lunch for Major Mae and I. Lieutenant Botzz finished the holodeck and we’re in the middle of a game,” Shazi said

”a game?”

“Cricket Iki, and Mae’s 2 for 94,” Shazi aimed her next bowl for middle stumps

” of course Admiral, let me know when you guys are ready,”

“Cheers Lieutenant, Shazi out.”

“Bowl it like you mean it Admiral.” Mae taunted from behind the crease. Having just scored another two runs off the last ball.

“You’ll regret that Major,” Shazi smirked and bowled a leg spin, slipping through Mae’s defense and into the stumps.

“How’s that!” Shazi threw her hands in the air in celebration.

“Nice bowl Admiral,” Mae grinned and left the field.

“3 fr 96 Major, you had best start batting better,” Shazi called behind her.

Mae joined Amber off-field in the pavilion.

“How many points did you make?” Amber asked.

“I scored a half century,” Mae replied with a grin, knowing full well Amber knew nothing abut cricket.

“How many’s that?” she asked.

“50 runs,” Mae ruffled Amber’s hair affectionately.

“Commander Chaos to Major Mae,”

“Go ahead,”

“What the hell are stumps and bails?” Chaos scratched his head, trying to figure out what both the Admiral and Major had ordered.

“Cricket stumps Chaos,” Mae said, “For playing cricket she explained.

“Tennis balls?” he continued down the list.

“How’s That!!” Chaos heard Admiral Shazi scream in the background.

“Come on boys! 4 for 120, what is this?!” Mae yelled at her team. Chaos shook his head, Australians were mad.

“Major, the tennis balls?” he asked again.

“For Amber to practise with” Mae replied, “Proper cricket balls will hurt her hands” she explained, Chaos wasn’t convinced.

“And the shin pads, are they for real!?”

“Have you ever been hit by a cricket ball hurtling at 130 kays, because it hurts,” Mae replied.

“BOWLED HIM!!!”

“Is that Admiral Shazi?” Chaos stopped checking the list.

“Bloody oath, she’s winning,” Mae replied. Chaos shook his head with disbelief, “You just wait for footy season Commander,”

“Right, I’ll just order this stuff on for you, Chaos out,” he went through the rest of the list, not really wanting to hear what some of the other gear was for. “Computer, get me the sports store,” he said aloud, the computer beeped in response and opened a channel.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i left my book with the draft in it at home. i've now replaced the 'off the top of my head' version with the "proper version"

ATUSSNLch10.png

Commander Ballard was glaring at his potato crop. Supplying enough potatoes for Tator Wednesday was becoming an issue. Even with the limit of ‘1 potato per person’ supply was dwindling fast.

He shoved his goggles back on top of his head to inspect one of the plants closer. He mumbled to himself and walked away.

“Bloody Tator Wednesday, there’s definitely not enough for next week.” he said “Commander Ballard to Admiral Shazi.”

“Holy crap, what?! I mean, go ahead.”

“There’s not enough potatoes for next Wednesday.” Ballard said.

“Next Wednesday?”

“Tator Wednesday?” Ballard reminded her.

“Of course, Tator Wednesday. We can skip a week, I’ll let Lieutenant Iki know.” Shazi said. Ballard had a feeling she’d been asleep.

“Sounds good to me, Ballard out”

“Why did no one wake me?” Shazi asked everyone on the bridge.

“You’ve been working so hard,” Mae shrugged, “you looked like you needed sleep.

“I was too scared.” Botzz admitted.

“Didn’t notice, busy piloting” Leki said, still tapping away on his console.

“Plus you looked adorable sleeping in your Admiral’s chair.” Eve giggled.

“Very funny, how far away are we from the convention?” Shazi said seriously.

“Half an hour,” Eve replied.

“Damn,” Shazi muttered, “I need a coffee, Mae you have the bridge.” Shazi left the bridge and headed to the dining area.

“Lieutenant, I need coffee!” Shazi shouted across the empty dining room.

“But it’s the middle of the afternoon,” Iki replied.

“And we’ll be arriving at a twilight convention in half an hour,” Shazi replied “Coffee me!” she frowned.

“Yes ma’am” Iki saluted and made her coffee.

“Thank you Lieutenant,” Shazi drank quietly to allow herself to wake up. “ Tator Wednesday is cancelled next week. Ballard hasn’t got enough potatoes.”

“Commander Chaos to Admiral Shazi”

“What is it?” Shazi muttered grumpily.

“Uhh never mind Admiral, I’ve got it covered,” Chaos cut the link.

“Is everything okay Admiral?” Iki asked.

“Fine Iki, I’m heading back to the bridge,” Shazi handed her empty mug back to Iki and left the dining area. She wondered the corridors back up to the bridge, with a sour looks still across her face.

“Welcome back to the bridge Admiral,” Mae saluted, “We’re ready for the mission at any time.”

“Good, get Lieutenant Stuy up here, he’s going to be leading this mission,” Shazi ordered and sat in her admiral’s chair.

“Everything is set, Major Mae and Lieutenant Oby are heading down to assess the horde.” Lieutenant Stuy began outlining the mission. “ Lieutenant Poetic will be standing by to beam the away team back up should anything go wrong,” he continued. “Everything is to be reported to back to Admiral Shazi.”

“Right,” Oby nodded

“Sounds like a plan,” Mae replied, “Ready oby,”

“I guess,” Oby replied. The two of them stepped on the transporter and disappeared.

“Good luck Poetic, I have to report Admiral Shazi,” Stuy left the teleporter room. “Computer, Locate Admiral Shazi.” Stuy said aloud.

“Admiral Shazi is on the bridge” the computer replied. Stuy began to head to the bridge. Admiral Shazi was prone wondering the ship, still looking for the man in the hat, she was never in the one spot for very long.

“Lieutenant Stuy reporting,” Stuy arrived on the bridge.

“At ease Stuy, Admiral Shazi’s not here,” Eve said.

“Are you kidding?” Stuy replied, “We just began the mission!”

“We started?” Eve questioned in surprise, “Major Eve to Admiral Shazi,”

“Go ahead”

“We’ve started the mission Admiral!” Eve said.

“I know, I’m in the teleporter room, where the heck is Stuy?” Shazi asked.

“On the bridge Ma’am,” Stuy replied. There was a long pause.

“Damn,” Shazi cursed. “Stay there, I’ll be up in a few minutes.” Shazi cut the link.

“She really should learn to stay still,” Botzz sighed.

“Okay, the mission has begun, and I’m here,” Shazi dove from the elevator and into her chair.

“Away team to NoLight,” Oby’s voice came through the communication system.

“Report,” Shazi replied

“There’s something strange going on with this horde.” Oby replied

“Lieutenant tell poetic to stand by. How do you mean strange Oby?”

“The horde is far to organised for one this size”

“Beam us back now! it’s a collective!” Mae shouted.

“Poetic now,” Shazi opened a link as fast as she could.

“Some one get Shade up here, I’m going back to the teleporter room,” Shazi told the bridge and left.

“There so goes again.” Eve sighed, “Botzz you have the bridge,” She followed Shazi.

‘Wait I have the bridge?” Botzz blinked in surprised.

“Now what?” Leki asked. Botzz shrugged in reply. The two of them had no idea what to do, now Botzz had temporary command.

and now for another chapter! basically, EVERTHING is going wrong

ATUSSNLch11.png

“Major, what in the hell is going on Major?” Shazi demanded.

“Remember those Borg we infected” Mae started, “it turns out they joined a Twilitian horde and slowly begun to assimilate them.”

“So they’re not Twilitians?” Poetic asked

“It’s now and entire Borg collective of Twilitians.” Oby answered “it’s not a horde any more.”

“if they’re twilitian borg, that means they can assimilate other hordes,” Shazi said thoughtfully.

“And the Borg part of them with prevent the collective from turning rabid.” Mae added.

“Basically we’re screwed.” Eve concluded.

“We’re not ready to take on The Borg and Twilitians at the same time.” Shazi said, “We have to retreat,” She disappeared to get to the bridge.

“Leki, take us out of orbit, we’re going to a different convention,” Shazi ordered “We’re’s eve?”

“Here ma’am,” Eve appeared behind her and headed to her console.

“Find us a different convention,” Shazi ordered “Ensign Rezin, I need you to develop a weapon to Defeat both Twilitians and Borg,” Shazi opened a link.

“Borg?” Rezin asked.

“That’s what I said,” Shazi closed the link.

“What happened Admiral?” Leki asked.

“In a minute ensign,” Shazi replied. “Commander Koby, do we have any sort of medical, sciencey thing that will stop the Borg?”

“Not that I know of ma’am” Koby replied.

“Look into it,” Shazi ordered, “Commander Ballard”

“Yes ma’am,”

“Planty things, destroy Borg.” Shazi said

“Plants that can destroy Borg?” Ballard asked.

“Yes.”

“I’ll look into it ma’am” Ballard replied.

“Attention Crew aboard the U.S.S NoLight” Shazi called over all internal channels.“Some time ago we infected some Borg with a twilight virus, this backfired and we’re now faced with a new threat.”

“A new threat?” Leki pondered quietly to himself, “Worse than Twilight?”

“A Collective of Twilitian Borg,” Shazi continued.

“Oh Snap!” Botzz exclaimed.

“That is all.” Shazi cut the line.

“Twilitian Borg!?” Leki asked “We’re thoroughly screwed,” He said deflated.

Shazi took a deep breathe and sat in her chair.

“found another convention, it starts in a week” Eve announced.

‘Ensign make sure we’re there on time,” Shazi ordered and begun rubbing her temples.

“I’ll take over for a while Admiral, you’ve been running all over the place.” Eve offered.

“Sounds like a plan,” Shazi replied. “I’ll be back in about half an hour,” Shazi left the bridge and headed to her quarters.

“So major,” Leki piped up again, “You think Admiral Shazi will be okay?” he asked.

“Lets hope so.” Eve replied.