Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

Hey i love gays. I think the practice is unethical but that's another matter entirely. As for gay rights, since I believe it is unethical I won't condone it, but that has nothing to do whether I like them as a person. My best friend could be stealing things and I could be like hey stop that, but that doesn't mean he's not my best friend. Those people from whatever church it is in California are entirely misrepresentative of organized religion. Honestly, I think in some churches the pastor just opens up a Bible, points, and reads a random verse out of context... lol. So I'm gonna say not for gay rights but I wanted to make clear your sexual persuasion has nothing to do with your intrinsic value as a human being. I think Christians need to focus on practicing homesexuals (about 2% of the population) less and more on things like internet piracy. Whoops dropped a bomb.

<---------------- guilty (check out the uploader tag :o)

starting a separate thread for this

• 3 months later...

i totally support gay rights! i don't think it's a sin, unethical, abnormal, wierd or anything else..

i believe they should be able to get married and have every right heterosexual people have..

it's absurd to take away their HUMAN rights, just because they choose same sex partners.

if god loves us the way we are then he shouldn't have a problem with homosexuality, right? also, in the bible says NO HATE but i guess the homophobes missed that part...

I have nothing wrong with gays. Well, at least not the ones who are all "in your face" gay... I mean seriously, why do a lot of gay people feel the need to dress in flashy pink and neon whatever, and put on that stupid "gay" voice and then go strutting around thinking they can fondle other women just because they're "gay"?

I have a couple of good friends who are gay and lesbian, and they just treat it as a perfectly normal thing, which it should be. Even they hate those lesbians who feel the need to make themselves look like a man, or gays who are effing loud and dramatic.

And those gay pride parades... Those people are just as bad as all these 'homophobes'. I mean, if you didn't like a certain something, wouldn't you hate it if someone goes rubbing it in your face? And if people dislike gays, I think they have every right to. Every person in the world has someone who hates them.

And as for businesses and stuff... If a pub owner, for example, doesn't like gay people, then he or she has every right to kick them out. It's their business, they can run it any way they want. But no, it ends up turning into aloada drama. If you're gay and someone doesn't like you for it, suck it up and move on. I bet I'm hated for being friggin' Welsh and Irish, but I don't care.

Having said that, I do believe gay people should have the right to get married, which they already do in most countries. They can go round and do as they please, just like everyone else. And now they're kicking up drama because they want to be able to get married in a church. You can't expect to change people's ways of thinking just for your own benefit. It's selfish.

They're a human being therefore have rights. If they are respectful, I am in turn. I don't see what's wrong with being attracted to the same or opposite sex. It's none of my damn business either. I loathe people who think they have a right to go up to a group of people (that they don't even know) and say; "no matter what your reason, thought or opinion is, it is wrong and you deserve nothing" pretty much to their faces. Hate who you want but keep the bloody peace, plzkthnx. I know feminine and butch homosexuals and to be honest, I don't care. So what if it's "in your face" gay? You get men and women who are "in your face" straight. It's life. It's always been around. And it won't just go away because a few people are uncomfortable around it.

Anywho, that's what I think on gay rights.

They deserve them. They deserve marriage.

Et cetera.

I'm staying out of this now since this is a sensitive topic for me and I want to avoid debates. xD

I'm all for serious discussion but this is one of those things I don't want to get too deeply into.

• 3 weeks later...
I mean seriously, why do a lot of gay people feel the need to dress in flashy pink and neon whatever,

Because flashy pink and neon whatever is pretty ^^

Seriously though.. I do not understand why there is a need to have separate rights at all. I understand not having a religious wedding in a church that doesn't accept homosexuality, but that is not what people want anyway.

The subject of marriage has... Not yet come up in my relationship... but when it does, i am hopeful that I will be able to answer in a way that does not involve saying "If the law will allow it" or "If we move to a place where it is legal."

On the subject of it being a choice... I do not think it is... Not for people who are truly homosexual. There are heterosexual people who adopt a homosexual lifestyle for a time, there are homosexuals who deny their true nature and adopt a heterosexual lifestyle, and there are bisexuals who choose one way or another. Those are the ways that sexuality can be a choice. However... If you are completely honest with yourself, unless you are bisexual... there is no choice... You are either gay, or not.

So if it is not a choice for us, any more than it is for straight people... Why do we have to have separate rights?

I'm all up for gay rights. I don't even care if gays show signs of affection in public. In fact, they should kiss in front of Christian churches as people are walking out on Sunday mornings. Well no, some Christians can get violent, so maybe not. I don't see why it's anyone's business what people do with their lives. If gays' actions do not directly affect any part of your life, then I don't see why you need complain. Actually, I do. Your life is boring.

On the other part of the discussion: I don't like to think that people are born gay, bi, or straight. A lot of gay people say they were born gay and I just don't agree with it. Now, this isn't because I'm trying to insult anyone, it's just how I see things. I don't think I'm straight because I was born straight, but because I choose to be straight. If for some odd reason I ever wanted to be gay, I like to think it's a choice, not because I was really born gay and didn't realize it till then. Again, I'm not trying to insult anyone, it's just what I believe and by no means am I trying to change the what any of you believe.

gay or not they are human, just like everybody all's if they want to be gay or are born gay its their business, not mine. I don't condone being gay but I also don't hate them for who they are nor do I try to change them. But you sure wont see me supporting gay rights,

I ain't no sell out.

Sell out? You don't think they deserve the same rights (marriage, et cetera)?

That's so cruel. What justice is that? In fact no, nevermind. There's no point in my asking.

people can live however they want, I'm not stopping them and I'm not hating them for it. when I said that I wasn't a sell out I was talking about me and my believes, that I would not support it because that goes against my religion. For me to support it would mean I would sell out to my believes. I was not talking about being gay makes you a sell out or trying to say something bad about being gay.

I feel strongly about my believes, you may laugh at me or you may hate me, but these believes are rooted inside of me so deep that there is no way to convince me otherwise. My religion just does not support it. I apologies Riona but we are not all the same, I would not have any problems hanging out with someone or calling them my friend even if they were gay, I don't hate gays I just don't support being gay.

I don't seem to have any problem with gay marriages and gay men at all, the catch is that they shouldn't be lip-locking in public place; That's the thing I despise most. It's gross? Yes. It's annoying? Yes. It's ugly? Yes. You wanna do it, then do it some place private like at your home but in the street, it a big No-no, at east from my side. Also, the people who justify their denial on gay marriages by taking the name of Bible are stupidly superstitious. I'm not a christian, but whatever I am, I don't read my own religious book. It's stupid, plus I don't like to follow something as it's a rule of some sort; I put my own logic behind the thing and make my own opinion over it. So, Gay marriage is fine. The last time I checked NY's governor signed a law approving gay marriages, I was quite happy then.

And we still wonder why so many people have AIDS. That just increases the amount of people getting it.

HAHAHA. No. Then why do so many STRAIGHT people have AIDS? in fact why are there more straight people with AIDS then gays? You can get AIDS in a lot of ways. It can be sex, blood, dirty needles and many more causes. It has NOTHING, NOTHING to do with being gay lol. One gay person gets AIDS and suddenly the whole world thinks it's from gays.

on topic, I really don't care what gays do it's their business not mine. I believe they should have a right to get married if they want to. I'm in a country where it's all about peace and understanding. We are taught in our schools to not judge others. There is a whole lot less "gay bashing" and racist acts around here. It's not totally gone of course but I am lucky to live in this country. It's not perfect but imo it's pretty good.

and I just found out what I replied too is really old

If it moves, Fuck it.

If it doesn't move, Fuck it.

IF it bites, ...Smack it then fuck it.

(lolno)

Seriously though. What another person wants to do is up to them. Honestly, the relationship part of homosexuality doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I kind of understand it. I'm personally disgusted by the sexual part of homosexuality. Just...ugh...no. But what right do I have to say someone else can't have that? I don't. Let them be. If they don't harm you, then you have no right to harm them.

They are people, that is really all there is to it.

I don't even know why the government has a problem with it...

Politics, it's always politics. If they support something and then support gay marriage, they might lose votes or gain votes. It all depends on what the public wants, and there are a lot of people against it.

Don't they have that union thing already? Why do they need to taint the notion of marriage which for ages has meant the union of a man and a woman? Some people do really care about that (not me personally).

If I was gay, I'd be happy enough with civil unions.

It's an equality thing. Some people feel by calling it something else, we're treating them as less than. And it makes sense, it would be like saying they can't eat at Denny's, but only at a place called Danny's. It's the same, but it's not the same.

It's an equality thing. Some people feel by calling it something else, we're treating them as less than. And it makes sense, it would be like saying they can't eat at Denny's, but only at a place called Danny's. It's the same, but it's not the same.

No one is equal. And gays must understand that society isn't keen on watching two men/women kissing each other. It's the same with smokers. Do smokers complain about equality?