Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

From what I have read in the bible I never came across anything that said being gay is a sin. I do not agree with Westboro on anything. I once looked at their website and read their about page and to me it felt like the words they write are truly evil. I felt horrified that people like them could even call themselves followers of god. Westboro is a cult, not a religion.

Gays should have all the rights anyone else has. As the bible says, we should not judge others, they will be judged on judgment day. Let them live how they want, treat them equal, give them the rights everyone has. They ARE HUMAN. No one has the right to deny the way someone wants to live or who they do it with.

In my own point of view, gays are indeed, human beings. They might not be widely accepted in our society as of now because of petty reasons such as morals or religion.

Scientifically speaking though, if this becomes widespread, there is a good chance of human extinction because obviously, gays cannot reproduce themselves.

I have nothing against them but, if they continue to be selfish, they might put humanity to jeopardy in the future.

Gay rights I believe is the same as human rights because as you all mentioned, they are humans. But if the gay rights involves legalizing gay marriage world wide, that may not be a good idea.

Scientifically speaking though, if this becomes widespread, there is a good chance of human extinction because obviously, gays cannot reproduce themselves.

I have nothing against them but, if they continue to be selfish, they might put humanity to jeopardy in the future.

lol, extinction by gay people. Ever heard of In Vitro Fertilization? So long as there are men and women living on this planet, there will always be babies, even if it has to start in a doctors office instead of the bedroom. Of all the things that can and probably will kill us off one day, gay people are not among them.

While not everyone is born equal, I firmly believe that everyone should be treated equal. People are people, regardless of the opinions they hold, and should be treated as such.

There is no good or evil, only opinions and the people who believe them.

lol, extinction by gay people. Ever heard of In Vitro Fertilization? So long as there are men and women living on this planet, there will always be babies, even if it has to start in a doctors office instead of the bedroom. Of all the things that can and probably will kill us off one day, gay people are not among them.

Anything is possible nowadays. So, I think my my argument is still possible. The possibilities are endless and one cannot deny that fact. *-_- .

Anything is possible nowadays. So, I think my my argument is still possible. The possibilities are endless and one cannot deny that fact. *-_- .

In the event that, say...5 billion out of the 6 billion people on our planet become gay, and they choose to ignore artificial insemination type alternatives, then yes, it becomes possible. Possible, but HIGHLY improbable.

In the event that, say...5 billion out of the 6 billion people on our planet become gay, and they choose to ignore artificial insemination type alternatives, then yes, it becomes possible. Possible, but HIGHLY improbable.

Yeah I don't think we'd have to worry about that. We are overpopulated if you ask me right now anyways, and we have bigger issues that need dealt with or the end would be near.

There are several passages in the bible that refer to homosexuality and bestiality.

Leviticus 18:22-23

Leviticus 20:13

Judges 19:22-26

Romans 1:26-27

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

The bible does not bind anyone who does not believe in its teachings. If you claim to be a Christian then Homosexuality is seen as a sin. The requirement is that one hates the sin not the sinner.

As far as contracting HIV/AIDS just because a person is straight does not mean that their partners are. There are lots of down low men and women. There are also individuals that swing both ways.

AIDS/HIV could have been around for a long time, but the first breakouts that garnered attention were in the homosexual community. It therefore became known as the gay disease and every religious idiot started proclaiming it was God's wrath on the gay community.

Not all things can be deciphered with the use of mathematics or science alone. People must occasionally think outside the box rather than relying too much to objective notions. Some things can even defy your probability. But well, opinions are opinions I guess. Not everyone shares the same opinion that's another fact.

And yes, "we have bigger issues that need dealt with or the end would be near."

I really don't see anything wrong with gays. I only hate it when someone thinks just because they are gay they have to sleep with anyone else that is gay too. But i hate that with straight people as well. If anything it's better we have gays so the world doesn't get overpopulated. Being gay is a choice you aren't born with it. But it is not a wrong choice. Love is not bound by gender.

I never want to see a world where your exiled and/or killed just because your a little bit different then they believe you should be. Saying gays can't be together is like Romeo and Juliet all over again. Love is Love, it should never been torn apart by people around them.

These are the same bastards that picket at the funerals of soldiers. They're just a bunch of inbred haters that like seeing themselves on tv. I don't really have anything against gay people, and fail to really see how it is such a religious sin. I do think it is a sin against evolution, because while it doesn't really get in the way of anyone worshiping God. It does make it pretty damn hard to reproduce, and down right impossible without technology.

I think the biggest problem with gay marriage as being legal or not, is whether or not it is a religious sacrament or a legal binding. The Constitution says that religion and state are to be kept separate. So if a priest or pastor believes that gay marriage is a sin, then the government has no right to force that priest/pastor to marry a gay couple. If marriage is a legal binging then gay couples should just be able to get married in a court house. If marriage is a religious sacrament though, it would mean that anyone married by someone other then a religious figure would not be a true marriage. It also means that the gay community could decide to start their own church that sees no problem with gay marriage. Then the government should have to honor that right. The only problem with this is that I think most states have laws against polygamy which is an example of governments suppressing the religious rights of a people. Either way this goes I think the government needs to define what marriage is before they can really begin to make laws about it.

I don't really understand why people are so against homosexuality. I think two girls doing it is the most wonderful thing on the planet. ;)

Joking aside, I'm for Gay Marriage and have no problem with what people choose to do. And as Iki and Anras said, they can do whatever they want as long as they don't drag me into it.

I consider myself an atheist even though I am a supposed catholic child but I've no experience when it comes to reading the bible nor teachings about god, I don't even attend church like a regular person but I understand that Christianity is one of the few founding religions to the United States - which is why some people so heavily frown upon homosexuality; they begin to mix and combine their religious views with the vague laws that make up our country.

However, I firmly believe in the fact that we are to separate church and state and I consider gay rights free game to those who want it - that they shouldn't be restricted or penalized for their own decisions.

I find some issues such as this a result of pure ignorance on the side that takes offense; I acknowledge that homosexuality exists, but I do not pour my entire being into preventing it because it is not my realm to dwell - I also do not encourage it, so I sit on a middleman - fence sitter position.

Being British the topic of Gay rights and more specifically Gay marriage is not widespread but it is not taboo either, I'm a supporter of equal rights for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders (from here on I will refer to this group as LGBT) at the University the LGBT flag (Rainbow Flag) was raised on Tuesday to show support for LGBT month. In politics two of the three main UK political parties (Labour and the Liberal Democrats) are open to the idea of same-sex marriages, however since 2005 we have had civil partnerships in the UK, these partnerships are effectively marriages but there are certain nuances within the law which doesn't put it on an exactly equal footing as a heterosexual marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again.

wow. that's the perfect response... i agree that gay bashing is wrong, especially by christians (we are just as sinful as they are), and that it is wrong to deny them the rights that marriage gives to couples. there are serious repurcussions when the person they were suporting cannot get the pensions or life insurance they are owed after death... and "All men are created equal," so if they want marriage, they should get it... but i still just can't feel great about it, you know? of course, the love of two gays/lesbians is most likely more real than most rich man-young woman marriages (and most hollywood marriages)... i don't know. i guess i just don't want to deal with it. so, if you are gay, and you want to, go get married. BUT, don't involve me and don't make marriage a meaningless sham for the rest of us not fat and rich people. please.