Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

I don't mind gay men, don't like lesbians though. It seems as though they try too hard to be 'manly' whereas gay men take on more feminine qualities and are usually more affable and successful.

There are a LOT of gay men in British Dressage. I'm not gay though.

You must not know many real lesbians. It's true that some are a bit too butch, those are the ones I would believe the whole "Man in a woman's body" thing about. As for the rest of us, we're women, we love women. Why would we want to act manly?

Lesbians and gays are people, just like everyone else. We just happen to like people with the same equipment as us. Some of us are tougher or more "macho" than others, some are ultra soft and feminine, the majority falls somewhere in between these two extremes. The same as straight people.

Many people say that it is wrong. Personally I don't care. Simply because you are taking away a persons right just to be happy. I am a firm believer that gay people have every right to be happy or miserable in a relationship as anyone else. But just like the web slinger's uncle said, "with great power, comes great responsibility." What I mean by that is, now that gay's have the right to be with whom ever they wish, married or not, now when it comes to marriage, they have to abide by all the laws of every married couple. Case in point, there was a lesbian civil unioned couple in San Francisco who adopted a little girl to raise. Once the relationship dissolved, the couple ended up splitting up. The one who had custody of the little girl filed for child support from her Ex. They both went to court and the other one tried to contest the child support order because she wasn't the child's biological parent. The judge awarded the child support to the custodial parent simply because of them being joined in a civil union or married, and that is the only parent the little girl had known, and she was already providing for the child in the marriage and by adopting her. So she had to pay child support to her female Ex. If they want to be recognized as a married couple, the cannot get upset when married couple issues arise after the relationship is over.

I am all for gay rights, and it would be pretty strange if I weren't, given that I am bi-sexual myself. I am far from religious - not that the majority of people in Sweden are overly religious to begin with - so I couldn't care less what the Bible says about homosexuality. If people have problems with homosexuality, I guess I can understand why, but I will judge them if they're hostile about it. Hate crimes is something that needs to be stopped, and it needed to be stopped yesterday.

I just don't understand how some beliefs trump others - think what you want but the title and context of the relationship between two consenting adults is no one's business but their own. As its been in the news more than usual lately (here in australia in one state they've taken a step towards legalising civil unions) I've read the comments sections on the articles on a few sites, those of people against the issue range from laughable to depressing. But they are entitled to their own opinions...its forcing them on others that is the problem.

You know the stupidest remark I've heard from gay haters?

'Gays cause aids' / 'Gays have aids'.

How does your gender preference mean you have aids?

People be retarded. Gay people are not diseased.

AIDS originated from monkeys, they say that, because the first cases of AIDS in humans were only among homosexual men. Even now, the highest cases of AIDS is still in the gay community.

So at some point a monkey raped a gay guy, then the gay guy fucked a bisexual man, which, the bisexual man in turn fucked a straight girl, who fucked the straight guy that fucked a bisexual girl, who spread it to the lesbian population, then it spread like wildfire, and that, my students, is how AIDS became a fucking epidemic.

Like most of the other people here, I don't really see how it could be an issue. I guess some people are grossed out by the idea, but... they aren't exactly required to think about the act, y'know? Just like how I don't imagine straight couples in bed, they shouldn't imagine gay couples in bed. Unless they want to. But that's another topic.

And the whole against the Bible thing is just crap. Your religion shouldn't be oppressing everyone else.

AIDS originated from monkeys, they say that, because the first cases of AIDS in humans were only among homosexual men. Even now, the highest cases of AIDS is still in the gay community.

So at some point a monkey raped a gay guy, then the gay guy fucked a bisexual man, which, the bisexual man in turn fucked a straight girl, who fucked the straight guy that fucked a bisexual girl, who spread it to the lesbian population, then it spread like wildfire, and that, my students, is how AIDS became a fucking epidemic.

The highest rate of HIV and AIDS is actually in Africa, mostly among straight people. The highest in the US is among intravenous drug users. The highest rate of transmission world wide is sharing needles. The highest rate of transmission involving sex is through anal sex. Even among gay men, not all get into anal. So in closing... If people didn't inject themselves with used needles, and if infected people, gay and straight alike, would just stop F*cking people, the virus would die out in humans.

Disease also has no bearing on rights, so I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

Not all marriages are happy ones, everyone knows that. Yet people still get married in hopes of things working out for them. As a tenth of the population, I believe that we should have just as much right to get married, even if it doesn't work out, as everyone else.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna be str8 up with u guys and i know i might get some bashing or something like that but..... i HATE gay people. Its not that i only hate what they are doing but...... I REALLY HATE them. I'm Jamaican and all Jamaican men are taught to love and cherish the women (no matter the nationality) and NEVER suck a dick. EEEEWWWWW:oh:.

In regards to "their rights", man i don't give a damn. They just give the creeps, chills, goosebumps, the shivers, need i to say more. Honestly; they disgust me

I'm gonna be str8 up with u guys and i know i might get some bashing or something like that but..... i HATE gay people. Its not that i only hate what they are doing but...... I REALLY HATE them. I'm Jamaican and all Jamaican men are taught to love and cherish the women (no matter the nationality) and NEVER suck a dick. EEEEWWWWW:oh:.

In regards to "their rights", man i don't give a damn. They just give the creeps, chills, goosebumps, the shivers, need i to say more. Honestly; they disgust me

It is really quite offensive to state your opinion in such a way when there are several members here who aren't heterosexual.

How you feel about homosexuals or same sex relationships is really irrelevant when the debate is about whether they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals. If you don't care about their rights, then your post is just offensive and pointless.

As many expressed already, there is no reason why they shouldn't be entitled to the same rights. They should be given the opportunity to marry, adopt, and have all the legal rights and entitlements as a heterosexual couple. No one is asking you to be their friend, no one is asking you to watch them have sex, no one is forcing you to do anything. What they do is their business and I doubt they have much interest in making their business yours.

As for that little side discussion about whether being gay is a choice... I believe sexuality is fluid, not rigid. I don't think it's a choice, but I do think that it's just as subject to change as your taste in food. Not sudden changes either--but gradual shifts through the spectrum you don't even notice until you find yourself wanting to be with someone unexpected. I think it's outrageous that people say it's a choice. Do you tell yourself, "I'm not going to be attracted to this person today"? Absurd.

Some of these arguments regarding reproduction issues and disease are completely irrelevant. I doubt the entire world is suddenly going to stop reproducing because there are same sex couples marrying, and I doubt everyone is going to magically contract HIV/AIDS because two men are marrying each other.

And for the love of god, once again, how you feel about gay people is irrelevant to the debate. There is seriously no room for it. It is ridiculous to see people express their disgust towards homosexual men but in the same breath talk about how "hot" lesbians are. Flashy, in-your-face homosexuals are just as annoying as flashy, in-your-face heterosexuals. I don't see what difference it makes--annoying is annoying, regardless of sexuality.

Guess what KD, lesbians are gay people too, but because of your culture, you are required to love and cherish us, thus rendering your entire point invalid. Have a nice day ^_^

Guess what KD, lesbians are gay people too, but because of your culture, you are required to love and cherish us, thus rendering your entire point invalid. Have a nice day ^_^

Nice try right there. In case you 4got; I HATE GAY PEOPLE and so i was actually referring to straight women. Not bcuz i was refering to only male gays; I hate the lesbos just as much as i hate the faggots. And since you said and i quote "you are required to love and cherish us" i understand you are a gay and if that is the case.............i hate you 2

Nice try right there. In case you 4got; I HATE GAY PEOPLE and so i was actually referring to straight women. Not bcuz i was refering to only male gays; I hate the lesbos just as much as i hate the faggots. And since you said and i quote "you are required to love and cherish us" i understand you are a gay and if that is the case.............i hate you 2

This is why we can't have nice things.

I have yet to see even one legitimate reason not to allow gays the same rights as everyone else. So why don't we have them?

It is really quite offensive to state your opinion in such a way when there are several members here who aren't heterosexual.

How you feel about homosexuals or same sex relationships is really irrelevant when the debate is about whether they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals. If you don't care about their rights, then your post is just offensive and pointless.

I am a VERY straight forward person and even if i wasn't do you know of any better way in which i can say " I do not gay like people"? Anywaze i don't believe gays should have the same rights as straight people like myself. I strongly believe gays shouldn't marry in the same holy building in which i pray to my God who also despises homosexual acts. I remember someone saying gay ppl should not be discriminated; are u kidding me???!!! They should constantly hear over and over that what they are doing is wrong and disgusting no matter how much THE TRUTH hurts, and gay ppl adopting kids?! Jesus Christ; what have this world come to. So you are telling me that its okay for Timmy from the age of three growing up knowing or maybe even seeing ( God forbid ) that that male "mommy" is giving a blowjob to male daddy and then bends over to get his ass pounded out ?! Same 4 the lesbos. In case you never know, God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

This is why we can't have nice things.

I have yet to see even one legitimate reason not to allow gays the same rights as everyone else. So why don't we have them?

I already have

I am a VERY straight forward person and even if i wasn't do you know of any better way in which i can say " I do not gay like people"? Anywaze i don't believe gays should have the same rights as straight people like myself. I strongly believe gays shouldn't marry in the same holy building in which i pray to my God who also despises homosexual acts. I remember someone saying gay ppl should not be discriminated; are u kidding me???!!! They should constantly hear over and over that what they are doing is wrong and disgusting no matter how much THE TRUTH hurts, and gay ppl adopting kids?! Jesus Christ; what have this world come to. So you are telling me that its okay for Timmy from the age of three growing up knowing or maybe even seeing ( God forbid ) that that male "mommy" is giving a blowjob to male daddy and then bends over to get his ass pounded out ?! Same 4 the lesbos. In case you never know, God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Saying something like that is the same as saying blacks shouldn't have equal rights to asians because they're black. Maybe you pray to some fake god, but the god I pray to doesn't discriminate. The bible I've read (the King James version) doesn't talk about God's hate of gays or anything of the like. It's simply been mistranslated or misinterpreted by false believers.

If anything people should discriminated racists pigs like yourself as it's people with beliefs such as your own that is the bane of the world. You share common goals with Hitler and a big portion of corrupt Republicans.

No one is saying a kid has to be put to watch the sexual acts of gays. Your completely retarded setup here seems to say that your straight parents forced you to watch them fuck on a daily basis while you were a child. Your parents must be really fucked in the head to have done as such.

Yeah god created Adam and Eve.. but what's your point? Adam and Eve were suppose to be brother and sister as I recall, so you're saying you're homophobic but you enjoy incest? God you're really messed up.

blah blah blah, long post

So, while I actually do agree with the majority of your points, I just want to point some things out that I didn't agree with.

Now, this is just my opinion, I'm sure you will disagree with it and that is totally fine with me, but I believe that if someone has something to say, they are entitled to say it. Whether it be in an uneducated way such as his or in a very polite method as well.

As many expressed already, there is no reason why they shouldn't be entitled to the same rights.

While I agree with what you're saying, that simply does not make your opinion any better. It may be the more socially acceptable opinion on here, but that alone does not make it better. The reason I'm even bringing this up is because throughout your post, I got this sense that you are kind of pushing your beliefs and feelings onto him.

As for that little side discussion about whether being gay is a choice... I believe sexuality is fluid, not rigid.

I think it's outrageous that people say it's a choice. Do you tell yourself, "I'm not going to be attracted to this person today"? Absurd.

Why is it absurd for someone to think that being gay is a choice?

How you feel about homosexuals or same sex relationships is really irrelevant when the debate is about whether they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals.

And for the love of god, once again, how you feel about gay people is irrelevant to the debate.

Actually, you are simply flat out wrong here. How you feel about homosexuals and same sex relationships has everything to do with how you feel about the rights towards said people. If you have no opinion towards the people whose rights are being debated, how do you make an opinion on the matter? You can't.

Anyway, these are just my opinions and views, you don't have to agree with them.

How you feel about homosexuals and same sex relationships has everything to do with how you feel about the rights towards said people. If you have no opinion towards the people whose rights are being debated, how do you make an opinion on the matter? You can't.

Trying to discriminate against gays by not allowing them the same fair rights as straight people, would be the same as trying to decide if their sexual preference makes them any less human. I don't see how that would be the case. At the same time the government is always trying to take religion out of everything, out of schools, off the money, out of the government, but then why is it politicians try to force their own religious beliefs into law? How can they claim the government is separate from religion but then deny gay people the rights to be human based on religion as they claim? This whole debate going on across the country is just as much bullshit as anything else the government has tried to do. It's nothing more than them trying to force their own beliefs onto the citizens regardless of religion and I don't think the government should be allowed to make such decisions.

I'm not gay, never have been, and never will be. I just think we shouldn't have the right to deny people the right to be human and have their rights as human simply based on their sexual preference.

Saying something like that is the same as saying blacks shouldn't have equal rights to asians because they're black. Maybe you pray to some fake god, but the god I pray to doesn't discriminate. The bible I've read (the King James version) doesn't talk about God's hate of gays or anything of the like. It's simply been mistranslated or misinterpreted by false believers.

If anything people should discriminated racists pigs like yourself as it's people with beliefs such as your own that is the bane of the world. You share common goals with Hitler and a big portion of corrupt Republicans.

No one is saying a kid has to be put to watch the sexual acts of gays. Your completely retarded setup here seems to say that your straight parents forced you to watch them fuck on a daily basis while you were a child. Your parents must be really fucked in the head to have done as such.

Yeah god created Adam and Eve.. but what's your point? Adam and Eve were suppose to be brother and sister as I recall, so you're saying you're homophobic but you enjoy incest? God you're really messed up.

OK.................? When you red my post were you somewhat in a fit of anger that you didn't take the time of day to understand what i posted. If not i'll point out your flaws in your interpretation:

1> I did not say God ( Jehovah ) hated gay ppl, i said he 2 despises homosexual acts.

2> God does hate homosexuality. Why the hell did you think he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? 3> Even if the Bible is mistranslated isn't homosexuality a sin and i don't recall God loving sin now does he?

4>Since hitler too were against gay ppl, that was, is and will forever be the right thing to do

5> I never said the kid was allowed nor forced to watched male mommy and daddy imitating straight ppl.I wouldn't even wanted that to happen. If you never know God forbid means in case something unfortunate happens you wouldn't want to bear witness to it nor experience that misfortune. Oh and that was all me not mom and dad

6> YES I AM VERY HOMOPHOBIC BUT I AM ALSO AGAINST INCEST. The bible clearly stated that Adam and Eve were the first human beings created by God; that doesn't mean they were the only ones created by God. "Yeah god created Adam and Eve.. but what's your point?" MY point is that God created straight ppl who thanx to them me and you are in existence. He created one penis and one pair of breast and vagina; the perfect recipe for reproduction my friend.

MY point is that God created

He created one penis and one pair of breast and vagina; the perfect recipe for reproduction my friend.

reproduction maybe but not love. is god not about love? if a man and a woman love eachother, awesome, good for them! if a man and a man love eachother, that's awesome too, same with a woman and a woman. because no matter what the gender. love is love

and what people do in the bedroom is non of anyones freaking business other than the people invovled.

Hatred everywhere I turn, everywhere I look. Constant divisions, distrust, dislike, disagreements and disdain. Hatred spews out of every orifice of this planet like a black tar that won't ever come off no matter how hard you try. Hatred is the mandate of the human race, and is the only legacy it will ever leave behind.

One day the earth will burn and the universe will be better off for it.