Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

In case you never know, God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Let me tell you a little something, KD. In the bible, when it is saying tht God created Adam, Adam is a metaphor for the first gro up of people. The word Adam means the people. When he then created Eve, he then created all others. That is why when Adam and Eve create the original sin, its not just them that is affected by it.

I have read the bible in its entirety about four times and confirmed what I just stated with two religious figures, one being a Bishop. So yeah, when God created Adam and Eve, it means he created a bunch of people, not just one man and one woman.

Learn your religion before you use it as a tool for hatred.

Unless someone can actually ASK god what his opinion is on the matter, theres no point in continuing this conversation and-Oh, wait! I've got him on the phone right now! Hello God! yeah....yeah....yeah, I'm fine. Yourself?....oh, well thats good to hear....now if I could just have your opinions on something.

Ok here's the results.

-Gays are bad

-women should stay in the kitchen

-science is evil

-we're all going to hell, unless we build a massive ark RIGHT NOW!

-oh, and all other religions are false and the bible is awesome. He said he might do a couple of book signings soon as well! He wants to generate more popularity before he writes the sequel.

gawd, who would have thought God to be such a close-minded chauvinist!

I am a VERY straight forward person and even if i wasn't do you know of any better way in which i can say " I do not gay like people"? Anywaze i don't believe gays should have the same rights as straight people like myself. I strongly believe gays shouldn't marry in the same holy building in which i pray to my God who also despises homosexual acts. I remember someone saying gay ppl should not be discriminated; are u kidding me???!!! They should constantly hear over and over that what they are doing is wrong and disgusting no matter how much THE TRUTH hurts, and gay ppl adopting kids?! Jesus Christ; what have this world come to. So you are telling me that its okay for Timmy from the age of three growing up knowing or maybe even seeing ( God forbid ) that that male "mommy" is giving a blowjob to male daddy and then bends over to get his ass pounded out ?! Same 4 the lesbos. In case you never know, God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Did you even read the rest of the thread? NO ONE is talking about a RELIGIOUS marriage.

You claim to be religious, yet you take your lord and savior's name in vain 3 times just in this post.

Any halfway intelligent person knows that when they have kids, they need to keep their sex lives in the bedroom, and keep ears open for tiny feet heading their way if they don't lock the door. I don't have kids, yet, but I will someday, and I know they'll be a hell of a lot happier than any you might have seeing as they'd be raised in a house built on love instead of hate.

I really don't have a problem with gay marriage in no way does it effect me. I just don't get the logic behind the people who are all up in arms about it. It has no direct effect on them in any way it isn't like they a forcing you to get married to some of the same sex. The other thing is what give you the right to force your believes on others think about how it would feel to be on the receiving end.

Now, this is just my opinion, I'm sure you will disagree with it and that is totally fine with me, but I believe that if someone has something to say, they are entitled to say it. Whether it be in an uneducated way such as his or in a very polite method as well.

I never said that he wasn't entitled to speak his mind. If I came off that way, I apologise. As much as he is entitled to speak his mind, I'm entitled to respond to what he has said. Again, I would never say that a person hasn't the right to speak their mind. I don't mean to come off that way, and I don't know why you would assume I would disagree with you on that point.

The only thing that was brought to my attention was my saying, "There is seriously no room for it." If it's that, then I apologise.

While I agree with what you're saying, that simply does not make your opinion any better.

I'm not trying to present my opinion as the better one. I just didn't want to go back and name everyone I agreed with. I'm no less guilty of pushing my opinions than anyone else here, but I suffer no delusions that it would change anyone's mind. Not sure what else to say about this--I don't know why I was singled out for this in this thread.

Why is it absurd for someone to think that being gay is a choice?

Do you choose who you love? Have you had someone express interest in you, but you weren't, so you decided to change how you felt about them entirely just to be with them? Can you decide to stop feeling love for someone? Can you decide to fall in love with someone you absolutely abhor, someone you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole? Can you turn 180 on that?

Maybe there are people out there like that--I don't know. I wouldn't doubt it. If there are people like that here, I would love to hear from them.

Actually, you are simply flat out wrong here. How you feel about homosexuals and same sex relationships has everything to do with how you feel about the rights towards said people. If you have no opinion towards the people whose rights are being debated, how do you make an opinion on the matter? You can't.

I hate cigarettes, marijuana, and sports. In the case of the first two, I think they're a disgusting waste of money and time. As for sports, I have little interest in them and wish so much money wasn't poured into it. If they passed laws based on my feelings, we wouldn't have any of those things, no one would have any rights to use/do those things, and we'd be worse off for it. Creating legislation based on feelings just doesn't always work.

Again, I'm not trying to say that people aren't entitled to their opinions. But when it comes to people's rights and whether they should have them, I just don't think those kinds of feelings are productive. No more than my feelings towards pot would be productive in a debate regarding its legalisation.

This is a pointless debate. It's a pointless topic anyways. I don't understand were people think they should restrict the rights and freedoms of other law abiding citizens. Saying gays can't marry would be the same as saying Republicans can't marry, or democrats can't marry, or people who watch NBA can't marry. It's making others seen as a subspecies of human because they don't get the same rights and freedoms as others.

Gay rights is comparable to Woman Rights and Black Rights(though not as extreme). It's not right to tell others they can't do something cause they love the same sex.

And people whining about it ruining the "sanctity of marriage" that was ruined the moment divorces started happening. Or even forced and arranged marriages. Or hell, selling daughters off to be married! GAH The illogical arguments of people against gay marriages makes my head spin.

Kyle_Dimetri_09: 2> God does hate homosexuality. Why the hell did you think he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Going to be honest here with this one, stop using Sodom and Gomorrah as a homosexual vice. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because it became synonymous with impenitent sin.

Honestly in my opinion; I feel gays/lesbians/bis should have equal rights. As for the religious aspects, remember we don't have the right to judge, only God has that right. So remember that before posting something off the wall utilizing religion as a crutch like above.

(everything said by this person)

Your comments seriously almost made me cry at some points because I couldn't believe that people would actually think like you, but it reminded me that humans have the most fucked up opinions and ideas. The whole agreeing with Hitler is so fucking wrong that I just can't understand at all why people still think like you. You probably won't see this so I'm not going carry on and also I don't want to get any angrier.

But basically fuck religion I've tried to accept it but I can't stand that religion just tries to force their bullshit believes onto people and nothing that it says, that hasn't already been said by law, helps one bit.

Koby is god here, and if he is ok with gay people then everyone here should be too.

But in my opinion I say let us live the way we wish too (I am Bi...) If you don't like it, go ahead and think what you want, but don't start talking shit about them as they don't talk about how gross it is when two hetro people walk down the street holding hands or whatever.

Give gay couple the right to get married, it is their life let them live however they want too without everyone sticking their nose into other peoples business.

As I mentioned before, Koby is my God, HIS word is law here and I follow his law.

(please do not double post it is against the rules/law.)

I know this is a little off topic but why would a religious homophobe be on a site that supply's stolen goods? Is stealing not a sin to your god? So why not support gay rights when you support stealing?

Yes this might be a community forum but we do have downloads here...

Nicely said there Love! I could not have said it better myself!

Also Mae, hopefully you are just joking, but Koby it not god he is just a normal human being like you or I and has no special powers or anything that makes him godly so don't sound like your a brainwashed cilivian.

Also Mae, hopefully you are just joking, but Koby it not god he is just a normal human being like you or I and has no special powers or anything that makes him godly so don't sound like your a brainwashed cilivian.

ROFL! it is a running joke here on the forums Ale ^.^ Koby is the God of the forum as he created Kametsu. I don't really think he is a god, as i dont believe in a god.

If i were a brainwashed civilian I would not do and say half the things on my mind as I do now ^.^

All in all, as I said, Koby is god here (as in Kam) and it is a joke ^.^if you care to know WHY I call him god, and some of the other regs do too send me a pm and I will fill you in ^.~

ROFL! it is a running joke here on the forums Ale ^.^ Koby is the God of the forum as he created Kametsu. I don't really think he is a god, as i dont believe in a god.

If i were a brainwashed civilian I would not do and say half the things on my mind as I do now ^.^

All in all, as I said, Koby is god here (as in Kam) and it is a joke ^.^if you care to know WHY I call him god, and some of the other regs do too send me a pm and I will fill you in ^.~

Sorry about that I think that I was in such a rage after reading Kyle's comments that I let it out on anything related to religion or god.

But to be fair I think that everyone, even me, is brainwashed into believing in some irrational things, like with Kyle's opinion on gays it's just that he has grown up believing that gay's are evil and a burden on Human progression. I'm also used to be a bit like this, that I was a little scared of gay's and bi's but that was because I believe I had been brainwashed by the society around me to feel like that. Thankfully now I've matured and worked out that being gay doesn't change how I should look at them.

Also I believe that gay people should definitely be given any and every right that any straight person is entitled to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another victory has been won in Washington state, and in California.

In Washington,A bill to legalize gay marriage has been passed, and is expected to be signed into law next week

In California, the district Court ruled that the Gay marriage ban known as "Proposition 8" is in violation of the state's constitution, and has thus struck down said ban. It is not known if supporters if the ban will seek an appeal or not.

The fight is far from over, but this is going to happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as contracting HIV/AIDS just because a person is straight does not mean that their partners are. There are lots of down low men and women. There are also individuals that swing both ways.

AIDS/HIV could have been around for a long time, but the first breakouts that garnered attention were in the homosexual community. It therefore became known as the gay disease and every religious idiot started proclaiming it was God's wrath on the gay community.

It's outbreak in gay communities was due to lack of protection and promiscuity. It has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. Look at Africa where millions have aids, again, due to lack of protection and rape.

Why should there be a problem. It;s not like allowing homosexuals to marry will affect anyone but the homosexual couple, and maybe their family. Plus the whole separate but unequal thing.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Hasnt the Church been separated for a while? lol

Well, the church has been separated from itself for a really long time...Since the beginning in-fact. Unfortunately government seems to have managed to get itself entangled.

It doesn't hurt anyone to give equal protection to all citizens,, so why should it be banned? It's not like allowing two consenting adults to have the same legal rights as two consenting adults of opposite genders affects anybody but those who are marrying.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

I'd just like to add something..

Anyone who uses god or religious beliefs as a basis to say no to gay rights is in violation of the US constitution.

Separation of Church and state bitches! Read about it!

That isn't entirely accurate, separation of church and state means that there can be no state religion and that the state cannot discriminate against religious populations; however it does not mean that there cannot be any laws that are inspired by religion. Besides, we all know how great our elected officials are at following the Constitution...

• 2 weeks later...

This comes down to basic logic..

1. no harm is done

2. marrage allows tax free transfers of property and other assets

3. who are we to really judge? its almost like we as insignificant people don't know our place.

4. dont make your opinions from some biased 2000 year old book cocked full of bullshit and genocide + slavery

I think all those people who live in the "heart land" or the "bible belt" should stay exactly where they are because lets face it...no one wants to live land locked next to religious fundamentalist retards.

"bible belt" = A sandbox for racism and ignorance.

bible-warning.jpg

We are a very fortunate generation, just think of how far we have come and the wealth of knowledge we have at our disposal. Yet we still allow ourselves to be dictated what think and who to vote for based about dangerous ideals. Stop and think, are the decisions you made today the real opinions you express or some dogma you were told to believe or do?

• 2 months later...

I am a huge supporter of Homosexual rights. I feel that everyone has the right to be happy wether they are straight, gay, lesbian, transgendered, etc. Why should we have the right to stop people from being happy? There is nothing wrong with two men or two women adopting a child and raising them as their own. Just because the parents are gay does not automatically mean the child will be gay. Even if the child is it shouldn't matter anyway. People should love their children wether they are gay or not. It shouldn't matter because it all comes down to us being human. Homosexuals are no different from straight people. They have feelings and hopes and dreams just like everyone else does.

• Like 1

I am a huge supporter of Homosexual rights. I feel that everyone has the right to be happy wether they are straight, gay, lesbian, transgendered, etc. Why should we have the right to stop people from being happy? There is nothing wrong with two men or two women adopting a child and raising them as their own. Just because the parents are gay does not automatically mean the child will be gay. Even if the child is it shouldn't matter anyway. People should love their children wether they are gay or not. It shouldn't matter because it all comes down to us being human. Homosexuals are no different from straight people. They have feelings and hopes and dreams just like everyone else does.

I 100% agree with what you said. They are no different from straight people. They feelings, hearts, hopes, and dream like everyone else does and we don't have a right to judge them based on their sexual orientation. :)