Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

A gay couple came from America to Australia and adopted a boy. They where not only gay but

pedophiles... they flew that boy around the world and let other gay Pedophiles have sex with him.

Gays are just as abusive as straights.

I know a guy guy who is extremely violent. Lesbians that are violent.

they are people like the rest of us and are just as likely to be like the rest of us.

don't give me this BS that because they are Gay they are Angels in every other aspect of their life Tanis.

You talk to much BS.

Ok to be more specific with what bothered me about your statement is the clear difference between what you said and what your evidence said. Your implication is that what you described is humdrum, every day life of a gay couple. That this is not, to quote from your actual article:

"The couple reportedly were considered 'rock stars' by other paedophiles for their ability to fly around the world abusing the boy and letting others abuse him sexually and getting away with it." This is a case that is, if not unprecedented, at least unusual.

Simply, this is an exceptional, sensationalist act you cherry picked to support your case. To put it in something more familiar to you, if any of us cited something a Christian (or brother/sister of Christ, whatever term you want to use [to be super, extra, mega, perfectly clear: YOUR COMPATRIOTS IN CHRIST]) has done, that is equally sensational and unusual, you would be quite reasonable to simply point out the unusualness of it. 

And to just get back on the "lots of paedophiles are gay" train, lots of squares are rectangles. In fact, all squares are rectangles. Every last one of them. And that has absolutely nothing to do with whether a rectangle is a square.

There are a lot of things said in this topic that tick me off and contradict so many things, trying to ignore those post for a minute and post what I think...

People that are gay should have the same rights as people who are strait or bisexual, if a strait couple can get maried, a gay or bisexual couple should be able to as well, if a strait couple can have a baby through adoption surogate or sperm donation, a gay or bisexual couple should be able to as well.

As for a kid being forced to have two dads or two moms, it is the same as a kid being forced to have a dad and a mom, a kid is alwas born in a situation they can not controll untill they get older, some are born in poverty, some are born in prosperitty, some are born to a loving parent or parents, some are born to a hatefull parent or parents.

If people with various sexual orientations are treated differently from others, and are not allowed to do things within there powers that others are allowed to do, then they do not have equale rights.

• Like 4

it's fact like the Guy and woman at the moment and the kid in the Philippians. The father to of that child is a convicted Pedophile.,

I mentioned my studies. I had to do extensive child protection subjects and also had to learn the history of how kids where seen over

the ages.

1. I learned 1/3 Pedophiles are woman. 2/3 are men and out of that 2/3, 3/5 are men who like little girls and 2/5 are men who like little

boys.

There was also a time when children where seen as little adults. We learned people had Orgies with children in the room, took them to

pubs/bars and brothels and all sorts of things.

I know it to be true, but I don't want to accept that humanity was even that stupid. But there you have it.

I give you fact and of course people take offense.. you have to ask why?

I am not calling anyone on here anything. I have given you truth and fact. These thing you will not accept though and

take them as an attack on you.. I have to ask you why take it personal?

Did I say a guy person is also a pedophile? NO. I showed that they too can be, just as much as straight person.

I only went down this road because someone had the audacity to also state that gay people will not harm children.

My point they are just as likely as any straight person.

Then one guy who professes to be gay says don't trust the stories I posted. he cannot accept that "Some" gay people

can be pedophiles just as much as straight.  Someone said it was a one off thing. The article states the child from

20 month old was abused a baby no less and that he was flow around the world so other men can have sex with him.

If a man has sex with a little boy that don't just make him a pedophile, but a Gay Pedophile.

People keep trying to say but one is born that way and the other is sick.... They are both sexually immoral people,

so if one was born that way then so must the other,

Funny thing. I think it was the beginning of this year someone posted to Facebook in anger an Article that states

pedophiles are born that way funny enough. The comments that where flowing from that where..

"So does this mean we have to accept Pedophiles as we have to accept Homosexuality?"

So they where taking from it now we will have to accept pedophilia even thought it was never even hinted we should.

it only said that this Dr said that a pedophile was born that way much like a homosexual.

I see the same kind of things going on in the replies I read here. Oh he is attacking me because I'm gay.

He's Saying Gay people are also pedophiles.

Now on numbers bestiality is 95% woman. Mostly woman with Dogs.

More sexual Immorality.

Now I say this one last time. We are all human beings. We all sin.

I lust for beautiful woman but do not act on it. yes that is a sin.

I have my own issues and I believe everyone has a choice to be what they want.

You are a guy and want to be gay that is your choice.

You are a girl and want to be gay, again your choice.

You want to screw animals very sick but your choice.,

You don't need to rub it in everyone face. I mean Madras Gay and proud.

You are gay good for you, why parade about like that?

When it comes to children who I feel are the most precious beings in the world,

I will stand up against things that are wrong like gay parents.

What you chose to be and do with your body is entirely your choice. God gave mankind

free will.

Don't take things personal. You can hate Christians all you like and religion. I don't care

because you are stating your feelings about how you feel towards that stuff.

Just don't start talking shit about the bible that isn't true like Tanis does. He Don't have a

clue about the bible or Christianity.

i know gay people will take offense to the things I say. I don't mean you to. I see every person

as a human being. I hate what gays do, but I don't hate gay people. I have gay friends.

we agree to disagree and we are friends. I never push my beliefs on them and inturn

they don't flaunt their gayness in-front of me. I mean they will hold hand and be like

a straight couple but won't sit there sucking face because they know I'm not comfortable with that.

I had a friend who was scared to tell me she had an abortion. She knew I would view that as murder.

But she was surprised when she told me, I told her I still loved her as a friend and would be there

for her to talk to or whatever.

I did not support what she has done, but I supported her as a person. I would not have driven her to

a clinic to have it done, but I would be there to help her pick up the pieces.

You Veiw me as some unreasonable Religious Fanatic no doubt.

Take the face that I'm a christian out of the equation and you would see I'm a human being with very high

moral standards and won't abandon them to accept that witch is not right or natural.

There are non Christians who believe in the Right to Life of the Unborn.

There are non Christians who don't accept gay as being natural or normal. and so on.

Stop saying it's a christian thing.. It's a human thing of people with a straight moral compass.

I never needed God to tell me Murder is wrong. Same sex is wrong. Sex with children is wrong

and abortion is wrong. Every Fiber of my being screams that out to me.

Edited by theNexus

I'm not gay, but I'm not a gay-o-phobic or w/e. Meaning I'm not afraid of them. I feel that if they want to get married or be gay then thats their right and their freedom and we shouldn't interfere or stop them.

Then how come you voted No?... <_<

I think this poll is bugged. Going from the date of topic creation this topic was created during the short time we used SMF. So it's been through the conversion from SMF to vB and then from vB to IPB. I see that a lot of other people who would have voted "yes" also appear under "no". Maybe the poll had been edited at some point to reword the question, reorder the answers, or remove another answer. There might have been a third option that was removed and all those who voted for it got glitched into the last option. I can't be sure either way.

@theNexus, the point you're trying to make is that Gay people feel they are more harmless than straight people. While that might be true for them, it's not always the same for every single gay person on the planet.

Someone saying that Gays are better Human beings than straight people, that ticks me off. Of course, that's not to say I'm against Gays having children. But a lot of people feel that most if not all gays are actually better parents than straight people.

Arguments fly because of this

Edited by LimitLess
  • Like 1

Someone saying that Gays are better Human beings than straight people, that ticks me off. Of course, that's not to say I'm against Gays having children. But a lot of people feel that most if not all gays are actually better parents than straight people.

Arguments fly because of this

Haha, that would be the most annoying thing to hear. :P

That being said, I haven't read any of that in this thread. It's more people are saying:

"Being gay still means you should be treated exactly the same as straight people."

And then they get this kind of reply:

- "!??? No! You're worse, any other opinion is wrong!"

I don't know, that's the take I've been having on this thread for the past 4 or so pages.

Stop saying it's a christian thing.. It's a human thing of people with a straight moral compass.

I never needed God to tell me Murder is wrong. Same sex is wrong. Sex with children is wrong

and abortion is wrong. Every Fiber of my being screams that out to me.

Here ya go comparing rocks to water again. Murder is wrong because it's hatred at it's darkest form. Sex with children is wrong because having sex with anyone who does not know what sex even is is VERY wrong. Equally consenting individuals who want to do what ever with each other is NOT wrong. You may not like having children being raised by a gay couple because you equate them with pedophilia but my personal opinion is that it's wrong to tell kids what they should believe as well. You believe kids of gay couples are brainwashed but that's far from the truth. I am an X-Christian who was always taut being gay was wrong. There was a time when I was stubbornly saying things I believed was wrong and before I realized I was gay myself and years later on down the road slowly detached myself from religion and just kept the principles that actually mattered from the christian faith.  I still live at home with my parents and don't support me and make me go to church, but I've broken out of that. I don't ever point fingers and call this a christian thing. It's a religion thing. Christians are just the dominant religion and that's why they seem to get my fire but I am equally shooting fire at other religions. I'm anti-religious. I'm also neither liberal or conservative, but I oppose 95% of the conservative ideologies.

I have a yin and yang philosophical look on life. That's why when you preach black or white concepts at me I just scoff at them. Whether I vocally state it as much as christians do, GOD has full hands in my future. His plan for me is my plan. Yes, I am independent and take charge and can be a little vain, but he forged the future for me as I choose it. He did invent free will after all. I give HIM all credit for the way I am today. I mean he created the people in my life who mean the most to me and inspire me. I think the literal philosophy that christians have that GOD is the main thing is an incomplete thought. He might be a jealous God but he is not as jealous as you may think. He does allow things or people to have a sub lordship. As long as you don't think they are ULTIMATE deities more powerful then or equal to GOD himself. After all the first type of government where monarchies that God blessed and it was an acceptable practice to worship them, it's the form of worship that you give that can be wrong. As I just stated. So my obsession with Gaga is not at this level. Trust me I'd have to be religious for that to be possible. Also the subject of sin. I believe sin is based on an individual level that is between you and God not others, and by that I mean I do not believe in moral absolutes. We learn through out life what we can and not do but don't tell others they can't do those things because you don't know if it's right or wrong for them. Being gay is never a sin because it wasn't till in recent days with newer translations that gay was even clearly mentioned and if you look at the context much closer you will see that it was talking about other wrong doings of those people in that era of time. Also on the issue of some of the other 'sexual sins', they where part of list of taboo laws of the time that where destroyed when Jesus went to the cross for our sins so we may not be in bondage by them meaning that we could gain control over our dark sides and put them away so we may be pure. The ONLY ones who go to hell are those who become slave to there own darkness. I BELIEVE GOD IS THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM OF THE UNIVERSE AND I BELIEVE HE BLESSES ME EVERY DAY THROUGH GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES. I THANK HIM FOR THE WONDERFUL LIFE HE HAS GIVEN ME AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE SUCH A MARK IN ME. I LOVE GOD WITH ME WHOLE HEART. JUDGE ME AS HARSHLY AS YOU CHOOSE BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ME ON THE INSIDE LIKE GOD AND MYSELF DO. I'm very spiritual and believe in God but I oppose what the nature of sin & God that Christians believe in. I'm also more open minded to the possibility that there are lower branched deities that are more like low level spirits that don't even come close the power of God. People say God never changes his mind but he already has many times in history that bible even proves, not stating that I believer everything in the bible, which I do not, because it may have been inspired by an infallible being but was written by a fallible people. I believe the yin & yang concept of spirituality is more relevant because one can be totally submerged in darkness but no one can be totally light with any darkness. We are to balance the darkness light as it is fit in resonance with our spirits. Sin is on a personal level because of this and has no absolute form.

"If you're really a good human being, you can try to fine something beautiful in every single person, no matter what, and it's a challenge." - Lady Gaga

Instead of telling people what you believe wrong about them you should grasp onto the good in them and ignite that.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward" - Kakashi Hatake

What is right comes from inside and from experience not from what you are told, or what you read. I believe you're confusing "every fiber" with the rewiring that was done to you at a young age.

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

TRUNKSvsCELL:

1. Yeah it would take a gay person to quote Lady GaGa. That woman looks like she has no sense what-so-ever.

2. I thought quoting Kakashi Hatake was cool, but then to wist it for your purpose.

3. I was not brought up as a christian or in a christian home, Fool, ya Fool. lol Octapops.

I had the values before becoming a christian. So your argument is a moot point.

Edited by theNexus

TRUNKSvsCELL:

I was not brought up as a christian or in a christian home, Fool, ya Fool. lol Octapops.

I had the values before becoming a christian. So your argument is a moot point.

Being anti-gay doesn't have to come from your faith, I know that. That's not my point. Being a Christian just makes the misunderstanding and fear worse. I wouldn't call that values more like maladaptation. All I ask of people is there attempt to understand it better. I was a Christian once so I know what it's like to look at things from that point of view, throw in the added affliction of being gay and not wanting to be "wrong", which I slowly realized that was not what was wrong with me (plus having christian parents) so I can tolerate it to a point but I think if you where to hang around gay people enough you'd see there is hardly any difference from you to them.

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

"I don't accept black people.

I think they aren't pure and should stay segregated like the bible says they should.

If God REALLY wanted black people to have rights, then he would have made Adam or Eve a black.

Even though there is NO scientific evidence on why I think this, being black should be illegal because they could be harmful to my kids."

Now, replace "black people" with "homosexuals" and just look pm how ignorant ya'll sound.

That's all I'm trying to get at.

Edited by Tanis
  • Like 3

It's not about right; right is a very indefinite concept at best to begin with, just an arbitrary claim anyone could make. Whether gay marriage is allowed is up to how people like to shape the society they live in. If they make it illegal and you don't like that, go somewhere else. If you can't go, try to change it. If you can't change it, change yourself. If you can't change yourself, endure it. If you can't endure it, do what the hell ever you want.

Edited by ounce

It's not about right; right is a very indefinite concept at best to begin with, just an arbitrary claim anyone could make. Whether gay marriage is allowed is up to how people like to shape the society they live in. If they make it illegal and you don't like that, go somewhere else. If you can't go, try to change it. If you can't change it, change yourself. If you can't change yourself, endure it. If you can't endure it, do what the hell ever you want.

Agreed 110%

"I don't accept black people.

I think they aren't pure and should stay segregated like the bible says they should.

If God REALLY wanted black people to have rights, then he would have made Adam or Eve a black.

Even though there is NO scientific evidence on why I think this, being black should be illegal because they could be harmful to my kids."

Now, replace "black people" with "homosexuals" and just look pm how ignorant ya'll sound.

That's all I'm trying to get at.

I wanted to say this exact sort of thing but I didn't want to stir up a bruhaha. Good going, Tannis.

Edited by Arian

In my honest opinion, if a gay person wants to get married, adopt a child, go into the military and what have you, I say let them be. Just because they choose to love someone of the same sex doesn't make them any less human, nor should they be treated as such. Let them do what they want. Why should we interfere with their decisions or rights? We, at the basic human level at least, have no authority to do so. I find it absolutely disgusting whenever I hear about a gay person being mistreated/bullied/discriminated for his/her sexual orientation. The same goes for other forms of oppression, regardless of whether the victim is gay or not. In essence, just let them be.

I'm not hyper-religious but I've read the Bible. The single, most massive problem that Christians (and this could also apply to every other religion) have (from what I've observed) is their grave misunderstanding of the Bible. Some people take it word for word, some get the wrong meaning without realizing that what is in the Bible may or may not apply to them now. This is especially true for the Old Testament section. Arguably, to truly understand books like the Bible and Quran, you would have to study Theology or something similar of that nature. But that aside, because people don't fully grasp the nature of the Bible, their view of the world around them becomes twisted. Granted, not all religious people are like that. But nothing's worse than a religious fanatic spreading the wrong message. They do more judging than anything else, especially of people that are homosexual. If anything they forget what Matthew 7:1-2 says:

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged." "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…

I've always been told that God hates sin, not the sinner. Some Christians choose to do the opposite. But I digress, and again I won't dig deep into religion for this subject because I could be wrong and my knowledge is somewhat limited. So yeah, just let gays be. If you don't approve of it, that's okay. If you do, that's okay too. Everyone has a right to his/her opinion but don't try to FORCE your own code of ethics onto others cause that in and of itself is unethical. It's just like what ounce and LINKIN PARK said. And it's just like what Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime said as well:

"Freedom is the Right of all Sentient Beings"

• Like 1

my question is this,a simple one,

has it been proven to be a mental defect

or just some childish phase

its clearly not right as you're more or less literally not programmed to be into such a thing

hence why friends exist,

granted theres nothing wrong with seeing a guy and thinking hes pretty as there are those with a pretty face-

but if its some thing where its just some dude or chik that their parent failed to smack and is instead letting them do what they please,well...we should stop condoning such nonsense

this whole gay thing is getting overblown as much as the whole women rights shit

(lol thats funny,since gays are generally dudes trying to be chiks or vice versa)

i do wonder,are there more chiks with penis envy or gays? o.O"

my stance,mental defect-its not their fault,sure

undisciplined punk,kill em-be done with it.

i have a no tolerance policy,dont even know why we gotta waste so much cash on prisons >.>

...I'm not sure if that's just ignorance or unbridled fear of everything different that could possibly inspire something so hateful and confused. I don't know what made you think that was an okay thing to post. I was going to respond to it going point by point on how terribly wrong you are, but I'm just baffled that a grown person would actually post something like that. Is it trolling? Is it being being both homophobic AND misogynistic? No one really knows .