Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

2. Your quality of life stays exactly the same.

3. Their quality of life increases.

So, by someone being gay, their quality of life increases? Then I guess we should all be gay, since normal peoples quality of life is exactly the same. The only way to increase our quality of life is to be gay........... makes sense?!

:) I hate homosexuality

Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

BUT![im not disreguarding the first scripture above, there's just more to it.]

In this day you can not convince someone using emotion alone, we need to look at things logically. I do not trust new translations of the holy bible so I refer to the Authorized King James Version.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination. [this is the main evidence used by Christians and non-Christians to some extent, mainly to speak on why homosexuality is wrong. New versions replace the word abomination with detestable.]

James 4:12 - There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

1 Corinthians 3:18 - 3:20

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Ecclesiastes 8:1 - Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.

Proverbs 14:16 - A wise [man] feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

for more info.

• Like 1

Look, I'm gonna be straight. Whatever we think about gay rights, it doesn't matter. Gays already have rights, no matter how much we say that gays should marry, shouldn't have kids...... it's already happening.

There's nothing we can do it, these arguments are pointless. All we can do is give our opinion and get over with it.

I'm against what gays do, but I love the people themselves. I just hate what they do.

So, by someone being gay, their quality of life increases? Then I guess we should all be gay, since normal peoples quality of life is exactly the same. The only way to increase our quality of life is to be gay........... makes sense?!

He was saying if someone is a Homosexual, they will have a higher quality of life exploring it rather than suppressing it.

Look, I'm gonna be straight. Whatever we think about gay rights, it doesn't matter. Gays already have rights, no matter how much we say that gays should marry, shouldn't have kids...... it's already happening.

There's nothing we can do it, these arguments are pointless. All we can do is give our opinion and get over with it.

I'm against what gays do, but I love the people themselves. I just hate what they do.

I sort of see what you're saying, but why? How are homosexual acts harming you at all?

I sort of see what you're saying, but why? How are homosexual acts harming you at all?

dude, i don't get what you're saying.

I hate what gays do, it makes me sick, that's how it's harming me. Not physically, but mentally

That's precisely what I meant with my question. It's one thing to not like homosexual intimacy, it's another to tell them what to do. And it does matter more than you think, the more people think this way, the more the gays will be persecuted, bullied, and in some cases killed.

So I'm asking, what aspect of it gives you so much disdain?

Edited by Arian

That's precisely what I meant with my question. It's one thing to not like homosexual intimacy, it's another to tell them what to do. And it does matter more than you think, the more people think this way, the more the gays will be persecuted, bullied, and in some cases killed.

I don't think how I feel is gonna make gays feel worthless, and they won't be treated badly because of certain peoples opinion. You should check the votes, most people support gays. I'm just one out of billions of people who dislikes homosexual ways. And like I said before, I don't hate the people, I hate their ways.

Answer to your question - That's a weird question, guys fucking guys = disgusting. At least according to me it is. Of course most people find it normal, so I won't judge

Edited by LimitLess

I don't think how I feel is gonna make gays feel worthless, and they won't be treated badly because of certain peoples opinion. You should check the votes, most people support gays. I'm just one out of billions of people who dislikes homosexual ways. And like I said before, I don't hate the people, I hate their ways.

Answer to your question - That's a weird question, guys fucking guys = disgusting. At least according to me it is. Of course most people find it normal, so I won't judge

All I'm saying is that it might affect your life one day; whether one of your children comes out of the closet, or one of your gay friends receiving death threats and looks to you for help. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not saying you have to be liberal as I am, and I don't think your beliefs are anywhere close to as bad as most anti-gay people, but the minute you say they should be restricted from making a normal life decision like marrying or adopting a child, expect them to argue or at least ask you why you think that way.

Believe it or not, I was homophobic when I was a pre-teen. When someone called my gay, I'd freak out. And I do agree with you about the biology thing, this planet must always have heterosexuals to keep the human race alive. But every single human being must chose the path that will make them happy and fulfilled.

Now here's just a random question I want to throw to the gay community. If you were one of the last men on the planet, and you were counted on to have sex with a few women to impregnate them, would you do it for the sake of humanity?

Edited by Arian

you misunderstand me. Right now they are discriminated against. Therefor their quality of life (not the exact word) is lower than ours. By passing through gay rights, they'll stop being discriminated against. Thus bringing their quality of life higher than what it was before. This has no negative impact on a straivht person's quality of life.

Anyway, I'm at work dor another 5 hours. I'll post again when I'm home. It's hard to do it here.

• Like 1

Just look at those freakin genitals, they have been perfectly designer for each other, male and female, no only externally (genitals) but also internally (hormones) have been designer for each other, they need each other to fulfill themselves, male needs that femmale energy that he gets from entering the woman and the woman needs that stuff the male enters into her. Its obviously a perfectly designed system by whoever or whatever has created us (i say it like that cuz some of you dont believe in God, but its your choice, whatever). The male and female by coming together create another life, its a miracle!! Something gay people can never and will never do. Which means it is against the nature and natures "book of Morals" lol

So, if your head knows reason and logic you will not disagree with what i said.. I find it really stupid that we are discussing this on an Anime forum.. I could write books about this.. But you know.. Im gonna marry a beautiful girl and do thestuff the "natural way" and have good time... You do what you want.. Gays can exist if they want but they dont need to yell out loud about it, just do yoir gay stuff inside your house where i dont see you hahaha

Dammit people; if you can't be mature about things stay out of the serious discussion board. You have the right to debate, but do so respectfully. If you dislike another persons opinion on something, debate it with them if you want; but specifically attacking them over it is a different matter all together. Being gay or not is a lifestyle choice, you don't have to like it; but you should at least respect that it's their choice and at the end of the day their decision is their decision, not yours to make.

Apparently another mod already took care of the situation, but yeah. Seriously blatantly attacking someone, name calling, and being abusive is just going to get you suspended. It's not going to change anyone's view on the subject. So play nice and have a friendly debate as intended of this board. If you're unable to debate topics without getting a damn attitude then you're clearly not mature enough and need to stay out of the Mako Reactor.

• Like 4

Let me get this out of the way:

1) I'm not a homosexual.

2) I find oral and anal sex to be, well, nasty, regardless if it's two guys or two gals or one guy-one gal or some sort of orgy that would make most hentai makes blush.

3) I'm sorry for losing my cool, but while I'm not a homosexual my godson's mothers are.

:)

4) Having people put out a front as adults, but then going to the 'head in the ground' approach, is just annoying as heck to me.

That all being said...

I also find smoking to be just as nasty, if not even more so, than any kind of human+human oral/anal sex but that doesn't mean I think smokers should be treated as second class citizens.

Again, it's about being civilized.

You can think something is nasty or stupid or weird or, whatever...

But as long as it's by CONSENTING adults, then I don't see how it's any of your BUSINESS.

From anal and oral sex, to smoking/drinking, to P.D.A., to making dubstep 'music', to ugly guy/hot girl couples, to being religious.

As the great Stephen Fry once said...

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

Thumping a religious text or going 'eww' or remaining ignorant on a something...

Isn't enough of a reason to deny someone their rights as a human being.

I dont suuport gay because its against the nature, stealing is also a choice like being gay, but some things must be forbidden for the sake of the nature. Lol

So you chose to be straight?

Edited by Tanis
  • Like 1

I dont suuport gay because its against the nature, stealing is also a choice like being gay, but some things must be forbidden for the sake of the nature. Lol

Ya this is another thing that bugs me a little. People think being gay is contagious or something. Like if they had a child around a gay friend, their child would be gay by extension. If I was put in that situation I'd still end up straight, LOL. Are people that insecure about their sexuality that they think it would change by knowing someone with a different sexual orientation. :x

I read a lot of 'i think gay is wrong because of this' in this thread, but no one was really talking about their rights. Well, Nexus was a little. (You did good nexus!) I just didn't realize at work because I only had 3 minutes to read + reply.

Putting aside whatever you all think about homosexuality, what are your thoughts on Gay Rights? Should they be treated like lesser beings. Because that's how I'm taking a lot of these responses as. LOL.

• Like 2

this thread blew up and I never noticed until now lol

I don't see any rational response for being anti-gay rights. Unless you're confused with your science or a member of a theocracy, that is. If you believe in any kind of separation of church and state, then you shouldn't be using church for state purposes. If you believe in a social cooperative, then you have to acknowledge that other people have a right to be different than you as long as they aren't infringing upon your own rights (and existing is not infringing on your rights). And even if you don't believe in a social cooperative, then all that means is that you have no business in other people's affairs. They can be having the biggest orgy since Sodom and Gomorrah right on your front lawn and you're on your own to take care of that. 

Basically your personal feelings don't actually constitute policy. You can hate something all you want, but it's about the broader population and broader context. Gay rights is a moral matter, but it's also a policy and legal matter, and your personal feelings only cover the moral matter. Let's say you are allergic to peanuts. You hate peanuts. If you eat some, you're probably going to die. You are 100% anti-peanut. Your life would be exponentially better in a peanut free society. Tough. All you get are "This may contain peanuts" labels. Why? Because your personal feelings on peanuts aren't enough on their own to enforce a peanut ban. If 90% of the population is allergic to peanuts, then we have a case for a potential peanut ban, or even more likely, peanut as a regulated substance (not like drugs, but more like fireworks or something like that). But that requires a practical dominance of people that hate peanuts. It's not enough to have 50% of people not like peanuts. Even 70%. You need a total front against peanuts that's able to drown out the minority of pro-peanut people. 

Edited by Dirty Coin
  • Like 2

Ya this is another thing that bugs me a little. People think being gay is contagious or something. Like if they had a child around a gay friend, their child would be gay by extension. If I was put in that situation I'd still end up straight, LOL. Are people that insecure about their sexuality that they think it would change by knowing someone with a different sexual orientation. :xI read a lot of 'i think gay is wrong because of this' in this thread, but no one was really talking about their rights. Well, Nexus was a little. (You did good nexus!) I just didn't realize at work because I only had 3 minutes to read + reply.Putting aside whatever you all think about homosexuality, what are your thoughts on Gay Rights? Should they be treated like lesser beings. Because that's how I'm taking a lot of these responses as. LOL.
the thing is people mistake there own sexuality as a result of another person who is gay. If you are attracted to them sorry to tell you but your are gay/bi whether you wanna believe it or not. Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL