Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

you guys go back and tell psychologist they have no idea what they are talking about. You lot know better then people who have studied and researched it all.

BTW.. I'm no closet gay. A gay guy tried to force himself on me when I was in HS. I had no idea my mates had taken me to a pedophiles house. I tell you what though

he never seen a kid punch the shit out of a grown man before that day.

We don't don't hide behind religion, we know right from wrong. I'm accepting of gay people but not their life style and all the things I discussed before.

Call me whatever you little minds want. I really don't care.

I have been open but see when we are open and honest we are then attacked for it. treated like we are the ones in the wrong. You call us closed minded, but

hey I said a gay person can chose to be that if they wish. But when children are concerned I have a different opinion. It's one thing to chose your own lifestyle,

it,s another to chose the lifestyle of a child.

I think gay people who want kids are selfish not caring about what is right for the child.

I couldn't have said it better myself. People are born blank states, but they don't learn and feel every solitary thing about themselves based on what someone older than them did or said. You may be a different story, Nexus, but most of us have explored our conscious, morality, and sexuality for ourselves, and that is what we should be teaching our children, first and foremost.

Well the thing is with religion you are more prone to stay with usually because it works on your mind at a much higher intensity than just being simply raised by your parents. Most stay enslaved by it young and rarely shake it. It's what caused kids to treat gay people as the lesser to themselves. Usually those who are gay slowly crack and break out of that mold but others it's a little harder.

Oh, my brother, I know, and all it causes is human suffering and living your life in fear. It is brave of you to be open about your orientation and embrace all of the spitting and discrimination you may get from it, though it shouldn't be. It should be like saying, "I have a dog at home."

I wish it was that simple lol n I still go to church because I have to because I live under my parents roof still, but even though it is slightly irritating to me what the paster says I still get some of my arguments for gay right from him cuz he often disproves himself lol Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

You guys go back and tell psychologist they have no idea what they are talking about. You lot know better then people who have studied and researched it all.

I hate to burst your bubble, but sometimes they don't.

I'm accepting of gay people but not their life style and all the things I discussed before.

That's like saying, "I'm accepting of living but not breathing." Or "I'm accepting of sex but not having sex." You must accept everything about something to accept the thing. You don't have to like it, you can even stand against it, but to accept it, you must accept it all the way around.

I said a gay person can chose to be that if they wish. But when children are concerned I have a different opinion. It's one thing to chose your own lifestyle, but it's another to chose the lifestyle of a child.

I think gay people who want kids are selfish not caring about what is right for the child.

You still haven't given one explaination of how children will be gain psycological harm from their homosexual parents. It's not like if their parents aren't gay, they won't know what it is, and from what you're saying, the very knowledge of homosexuality can turn a child gay.

I have been open but see when we are open and honest we are then attacked for it. treated like we are the ones in the wrong.

I hate to say this, but the reason you have been attacked by some is that your beliefs lead to a road of cruelty and treating a normal human being like less of a person. which will rile people up, because it takes the world one step away from holding hands and getting along.

Edited by Arian
  • Like 1

What's right for a child is not to tell them who they should be. Or make them be a Christian or apart of any religion. My kid will probably turn out better then yours will. Not trying to sound smug but those who teach there kids intolerance breads destruction.

• Like 1

I have been open but see when we are open and honest we are then attacked for it. treated like we are the ones in the wrong. You call us closed minded, but

hey I said a gay person can chose to be that if they wish. But when children are concerned I have a different opinion. It's one thing to chose your own lifestyle,

it,s another to chose the lifestyle of a child.

Kind of like raising a child into religion, right? You can live your lifestyle how you want, but when you try to teach them that your Religion is right, it's a whole different thing.

Anyhow, about this quote:

We don't don't hide behind religion, we know right from wrong.

Is this saying that religion teaches you right from wrong? Because that's an in-built function that almost every human has, even before (and will be after) Religion. :x

Maybe it's obvious from my post already, but I'm for gay rights. (or as someone said before, just simple human rights).

• Like 2

TRUNKSvsCELL: So with your way of thinking Pedophilia must be something people are born being and therefor we should accept that too?

If a person is born gay and we should accept that, then logic say people are also born pedophiles too..  To me that is what your logic states.

people are born blank slates. What they become is a product of everything they see, hear, learn and experience in their life.

Not sure if troll...or FN contributor.

It's one thing to 'be' something, it's another thing to force yourself on a child (like, say, a priest) or another adult or what have you.

You, very clearly, don't understand what a logical facially is.

But, should you reread your post you may have an idea.

Also, bullshit.

Brain chemistry MATTERS.

People are born PREDISPOSED, or a head injury causes their brain to change, to certain ways.

This doesn't mean being born a psychopath gives you the right to murder.

It just means that, as long as you don't act on it, it doesn't matter.

You claim to have a degree child psychology, but I really doubt it.

I just can't see anyone with an education above the 5th grade being this horrible at logical thinking.

Then again, maybe I just have waaaay too much faith in humanity.

Finally I'm not going to keep reply to this post. I was at another forum where these types of talks where banned because

they always end up people getting angry and calling names and becoming childish as is starting to happen in this post.

Sticks and Stones Tanis... lol

I'll not go around and around in circles while people try justify what is not natural. While people say one kind of sexual

orientation is a genetic thing and then try say but pedophilia is different. That is a double standard. One is natural the other

is sick. it has to be the same for both.

People make the rules of the world to suit what they want them to be. To make it so the world has to accept not them because

to me they are a person like everyone else and are accepted, but their lifestyle.

I do apologies to any gay people on this forum. I do not intend to attack you as a person.

I'm sorry out of all that that part that pissed me off the most was that you believe that I should not be able to have children. That is what's wrong. Gay people can and do have there own blood children all the time. Most a adopt but it's not the only way to have kids. Also the logic you just explained makes zero sense since being gay is biological and you're born that way, also aside from that my parents aren't a same sex couple havnt made me straight. Your theory is far off. The fact you are homophobic I guess is why you think this way but it's not a good excuse. You should educate yourself a little more before saying stuff like that. You could have said you was homophobic n ended there because the rest of your statement was very hypocritical and lacking in any truth. I try to tolerate anti-gay opinions as much as I can but that one angered me greatly. All that comes from your own personal misunderstanding not me. A gay couple is not different then a straight couple.

When I meant gays can't have children, I meant that together, they can't have children. I think you've angered me by saying that I don't know what I'm talking about. I did biology, gay people are normal human beings. They have the same reproductive organs as you and me.

Sorry if I offend in my post. This is a very emotional debate. I know that most people are born gay, that doesn't mean it's natural. Anyone who says it is, is bullshitting themselves.

I will retract my statement about gay couples having kids. As I've read and know, people who've had abusive parents, it has had a physiological effect on them. But most of the time, it passes and they turn out to be more loving parents than others. It's the same with gay couples having children(not the way we see it), they can take good care of their children. Really it's up to them whether they want to have children or not.

Edited by LimitLess

What about gays, if they're born gay(which is unnatural) then does that give them the right to be with same sex?

Now as much as I don't quote from the bible, it does clearly state that you must not murder, you must not steal, men must not lie with other men, you must not abuse drugs. People don't take that seriously and this is why there are so many problems in the world.

And mostly, because people believe that there is no purpose to our existence, they can just do what the hell they want. There is no moral standards.

You guys talk about religion being against gays blah blah blah. It's because of religion that gays are being accepted. Sure some may try to hide the truth, fact is most religions accept and welcome homosexuality. They use the bible for I don't know what.

Mmmm........

The last point I'll make is this, you might like what non-gays say about accepting gays and they support gays 110%. They are the same people who like to stand away from gays, who dis them calling them faggots. And people in general have a bad view of gays. When one teases you of being gay, you immediately contradict it(if you're not gay) saying, "No ways man, I ain't gay, if anything you're a faggot". the arguments will continue from there.

I'm the type of person who likes to tell others how I feel about a subject, instead of lying and saying "I support gays 110%"

Edited by LimitLess

What about gays, if they're born gay(which is unnatural) then does that give them the right to be with same sex?

It's less unnatural then you think.

Other species have had cases of being gay. That being said, the human species is the only species that practices abstinence. (i.e. pope, priests, etc.)

I'm in a Dota game atm and just posted b/c I died, haha. I'll swing by again in about 30m to explain more.

Just wanted to say it's not actually that unnatural.

1)What about gays, if they're born gay(which is unnatural) then does that give them the right to be with same sex?

2)Now as much as I don't quote from the bible, it does clearly state that you must not murder, you must not steal, men must not lie with other men, you must not abuse drugs.

3)People don't take that seriously and this is why there are so many problems in the world.

4)And mostly, because people believe that there is no purpose to our existence, they can just do what the hell they want.

5)There is no moral standards.

6)You guys talk about religion being against gays blah blah blah. It's because of religion that gays are being accepted. Sure some may try to hide the truth, fact is most religions accept and welcome homosexuality. They use the bible for I don't know what.

Mmmm........

7)The last point I'll make is this, you might like what non-gays say about accepting gays and they support gays 110%. They are the same people who like to stand away from gays, who dis them calling them faggots. And people in *general have a bad view of gays. When one teases you of being gay, you immediately contradict it(if you're not gay) saying, "No ways man, I ain't gay, if anything you're a faggot". the arguments will continue from there.

I'm the type of person who likes to tell others how I feel about a subject, instead of lying and saying "I support gays 110%"

*I can't figure out this damn quote system, so just follow the NUMBERS.*

1)If someone is BORN that way, how it it 'unnatural'?

Is it because it's not 'normal', because they're a genetic abnormality?

Because, so is being LEFT HANDED or being born albino or being born blonde from two brunette parents.

Where is your stance on THEIR rights as human being?

2)The bible also says not to work on the sabbath, or else you get stoned.

Do you want to start killing people who work on Saturday/Sunday...even cops and E.MT.s?

There's also lines about not eating shell fish, and not worshiping in public.

How does that work out?

(((

YIKES!!!

This line of thinking REALLY REALLY scares me!

Are you really going to tell me that the only thing preventing you from raping and murdering and stealing and abusing drugs is your RELIGION?

FEAR of hell, REWARD of heaven?

If so, then, sure...yeah, totally, there's totally a god.

And, he totally wants you to not being a dick and rape and steal and murder.

Uh...yeah.)))

3) Really?

Because, throughout human history, it's been the religious that have started wars and burned people alive and raped whole nations.

9/11/01 was a 'faith based initiative', so was Hitler's ability to punish the 'unclean', and then there's the CRUSADES.

4)Just because SOME people hate life so much they worship death, doesn't mean everyone does.

If the only purpose you have is to worship an abuse father figure, then I feel sorry for you.

I have my friends, my family, my species...

-my love of anime. ;)

This amazing knowledge that I am not SEPARATE from the universe, not above or beneath it, but PART of it.

The atoms in my body were FORGED IN A STAR!

5)As I've show previously, there's NO 'moral standard' in the bible either.

-That's not even getting into all the crap that's been done in the name of...

There's enough contradictions in JUST the bible to choke a horse, that's just ONE religious text out of HUNDREDS throughout human history!

6)Really?

Because it's more like our SECULAR society FORCES religious to behave.

When a nation, or society, is run BY a religion it is...horrible...to say the least.

The Dark Ages - Iran - Iraq/ISIS - Etc.

You don't hear about atheists or secularists or humanists wanting to burn witches or homosexuals or the left handed.

That takes religion.

7)I think it's VERY rare that you have folks who are for equal rights that are only doing it for show.

It's more likely to have some 'god hates fags' type who is so far in the closet they can see Narnia.

Thus, they're self hatred, taught to them by small minded bigots, is what drives them to hold moronic signs and go 'queer hunting'.

8)I'm not a homosexual, but nor am I black OR Muslim OR tall.

Does this mean I don't/shouldn't care when some homosexual gets beaten/denied basic human rights because s/he was gay?

Does this mean I don't/shouldn't care when some black person gets beaten/denied basic human rights because s/he was black?

Does this mean I don't/shouldn't care when some Muslim gets beaten/denied basic human rights because s/he was Muslim?

Does this mean I don't/shouldn't care when some tall gets beaten/denied basic human rights because s/he was tall?

NO!

It's called EMPATHY.

Something, it seems, many 'holy text' thumping types LACK.

And that, is truly frightening.

I'm talking biologically

From a human standpoint, having feelings of the same sex is normal. From a biological standpoint, Male and Female make babies. Male and Male don't.

So...women and men who are unable to have children 'the old fashion way'...

Shouldn't be allowed to adopt?

• Like 1

I'd also like to say, the reason why gay rights are in place is because society thinks it will benefit the human race. You know, decrease the population a little more. Same reason for abortion and other crap. The only reason murder isn't allowed is because other people are scared of their own lives. If poor people were the only ones being killed by these maniacs, society wouldn't give a fuck

100% that's not why, LOOOL. And for abortion it's mainly science vs Religion. I feel abortion should be allowed as a nornal practice.

Gay rights are being pushed for the rights of gays, pretty simple.

It's 110% accurate, deal with it

@Tanis, you've wasted my time. core101 saved from explaining shit that you tiny mind wouldn't be able to comprehend. And for the record, you're against Muslims and this

Does this mean I don't/shouldn't care when some Muslim gets beaten/denied basic human rights because s/he was Muslim?
is complete bullshit. Everytime religion is discussed, you've always pointed a fact to muslims being terrorists. I don't see you having any empathy towards them.

Now I'll make myself clear, I love all people(incluiding gays). And I don't care if they decide to marry, have children etc. They have rights to live like normal human beings. But i will always hate this practice.

100% that's not why, LOOOL. And for abortion it's mainly science vs Religion. I feel abortion should be allowed as a nornal practice.

Gay rights are being pushed for the rights of gays, pretty simple.

It's 110% accurate, deal with it

@Tanis, you've wasted my time. core101 saved from explaining shit that you tiny mind wouldn't be able to comprehend. And for the record, you're against Muslims and this

is complete bullshit. Everytime religion is discussed, you've always pointed a fact to muslims being terrorists. I don't see you having any empathy towards them.
Now I'll make myself clear, I love all people(incluiding gays). And I don't care if they decide to marry, have children etc. They have rights to live like normal human beings. But i will always hate this practice.

I would LOVE to see you back up that Muslim comment.

But, then again, I don't expect much from children or adults with imaginary friends.

This is the last post I'll be making toward you, at least on subjects like this.

It's very, very, clear to me that you're a child who needs some real world experience and education.

You have my pity, my sympathy, and I hope one day you and your ilk join us over in the civilized lands.

Because, throughout human history, it's been the religious that have started wars and burned people alive and raped whole nations.

9/11/01 was a 'faith based initiative',

When a nation, or society, is run BY a religion it is...horrible...to say the least.

The Dark Ages - Iran - Iraq/ISIS - Etc.

Anyways Tanis, you've wasted my time long enough.

@TrunksvsCell, If I've offended you, I apologize.

Edited by LimitLess

Okay. Let me ask those who are against gay rights a question. How does this hurt you?

Using food as an example, the argument sounds like this.

"I don't like pickles, and even though it doesn't effect me, anyone that likes pickles should lose basic rights."

1. It literally doesn't hurt you at all.

2. Your quality of life stays exactly the same.

3. Their quality of life increases.

Apart from being blatant homophobes, I still don't understand the argument

Edited by Kouhai
  • Like 1