Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

I dont support gay marragies. I am glad it is against the law. Also the Bible talks about it being wrong and that is another reason why I dont believe in it. But hey that is what I think.

The bible says it clearly? Please, find me the versicle cause I want to read it.

As far as I know the church is against it on its 'free will' (which I respect but do not agree with), because I do not remember seeing this written on the bible. Of course, I may not have read the part it's written, because although I try to read it even being atheist, the bible is quite big...

Anyway, I support it for a very simple reason: I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They are human like everyone else and should have the same freedom others do to have relationships out of will and not out of obligation. And don't come with that 'it's not natural'. War for instance is not natural and much worse than gay marriage, worry with that before worrying with a small matter like gay marriage and let people be happy.

If you were to go to a Islamic nation, they'd just plain kill you for being gay. Though I do not agree with them.

I am however against it. Where does the bible go against it?

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:27 in the New International Version reads:

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

2 KINGS 6:29 says: "So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son."

Leviticus 25:44 says: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

Deuteronomy 13:12-15 says that you can kill others who don't obey your god.

There's a lot of weird stuff in the bible. The issue is that a lot of Christianity tends to pick and choose things they like and don't to support their arguments against something they don't like. There's also some stuff about not mixing cattle and not wearing mixed fabrics if I recall correctly.

My response on this topic is that here it doesn't really matter as the UK doesn't really care. I believe we allowed it recently because nobody really could give a good reason why we shouldn't. 

Though there was a pretty hilarious comment from a UKIP councillor who blamed the recent floods on our treatment of homosexuality. We all had a good laugh at that and he was promptly removed from office.

• 6 months later...

I have a view that will not be popular so don't attack me for it..

I think they should be able to marry if they wish, but not in a church,

not using a man of   God and not allowed to use the traditional vows.

So they should not be allowed to have before God and in the Sight of God etc.

Now to make you hate me more....

I think gay people should be completely stripped of the right to have children.

Gay people teach their children that their perverted life style is normal and

the children grow up trying the same things.

Then you have the fact that the child will have two mummy's or two daddy's.

Every child should have the right to have a mother and a father.

It takes a male and female to create a child for a reason. That is the NATURAL order of things.

Gay people go on and on about their rights, but never give a shit about the rights of a child to

have a family as it was naturally intended.

I know gay people can be just as loving and can no doubt be good parents, but a child has a right

like I said to grow up in a family as it would be Naturally away from that perversion.

So my issues in this topic is:

1. God says Homosexuality is wrong and detestable so leave him the hell out of your marriage.

Do not come into the house of the Lord and Spit in his face.

2. The church cannot allow it or they are not a church of God and Truth.

3. Children need to be protected as they grow up and Develop their beliefs, values and morals.

The child's needs in ALL aspects of life need to matter and not the desires of people living a perverse life.

Now I have said I don't hate Gay people I have Gay friends. They know I hate what they do, but I do not hate them.

I do however hate the idea of children being brought up by Gay couples and it's just as wrong as the act of perversion.

Gay people want the right to marry fine. Above would be the Law I would put on them.

Edited by theNexus

This might influence my posting a lot. I'm a homophobic, but I will try to be fair.

Personally, I don't like what gay people do(the same sex stuff). Human beings have always tried to be unnatural, to an extent it's been helpful. Prosthetic limbs have changed people's live for the better.

I also have a friend who is gay despite my phobia, I asked why does he have feelings toward the same sex? he said that he couldn't explain it. It was something that he just felt, and he hates the idea of liking another person of the same sex. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any feeling towards the opposite sex.

Now to get on topic, a lot of people can't help being gay. Should they be treated harshly or differently? On a personal level I would say no.

Now to what theNexus just mentioned, I don't really care if they get married or not, it's their choice. Don't drag children into that lifestyle, remember since gays can't have children they have to adopt.

Being gay is not right, and bringing a child up in that environment is not good. Even if gay couple will take good care of the child, this will impact their lives in the future.

• Like 1

I'm sorry out of all that that part that pissed me off the most was that you believe that I should not be able to have children. That is what's wrong. Gay people can and do have there own blood children all the time. Most a adopt but it's not the only way to have kids. Also the logic you just explained makes zero sense since being gay is biological and you're born that way, also aside from that my parents aren't a same sex couple havnt made me straight. Your theory is far off. The fact you are homophobic I guess is why you think this way but it's not a good excuse. You should educate yourself a little more before saying stuff like that. You could have said you was homophobic n ended there because the rest of your statement was very hypocritical and lacking in any truth. I try to tolerate anti-gay opinions as much as I can but that one angered me greatly. All that comes from your own personal misunderstanding not me. A gay couple is not different then a straight couple.

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

I'm sorry out of all that that part that pissed me off the most was that you believe that I should not be able to have children. That is what's wrong. Gay people can and do have there own blood children all the time. Most a adopt but it's not the only way to have kids. Also the logic you just explained makes zero sense since being gay is biological and you're born that way, also aside from that my parents aren't a same sex couple havnt made me straight. Your theory is far off. The fact you are homophobic I guess is why you think this way but it's not a good excuse. You should educate yourself a little more before saying stuff like that. You could have said you was homophobic n ended there because the rest of your statement was very hypocritical and lacking in any truth. I try to tolerate anti-gay opinions as much as I can but that one angered me greatly. All that comes from your own personal misunderstanding not me. A gay couple is not different then a straight couple.

Very different. Gay couples teach their children being Gay is normal and the nature Vs Nurture argument. We are all affected by how we are brought up and what we see. Children should be brought up in a straight home with a mother and father. If they chose to be gay when they become teens or whatever then that is their choce. But being brought up with two men or two woman is not.

We are not saying Gay people would not be good as parents, but rather you are forcing your life style on your kids no matter what you do. Kids brains absorb right and wrong, the way the world works and values and all that in their early childhood. There for your way of life is what they learn. Children learn from watching their parents.

We has a lez couple across from us when I was a teen. they adopted a girl. So surprise even in primary school she was taking her friends home and getting them into lezbian acts with her.

I also question what some not all or even most gay couple do in front of their children, They think being gay is right so they teach them.

Gay people have no right to force it on a child, that means bringing children up in a gay home. You guys what your right that's fine stop shitting all over the rights of children and putting your

lives before theirs.

I have a view that will not be popular so don't attack me for it..

I think they should be able to marry if they wish, but not in a church,

not using a man of   God and not allowed to use the traditional vows.

So they should not be allowed to have before God and in the Sight of God etc.

Now to make you hate me more....

I think gay people should be completely stripped of the right to have children.

Gay people teach their children that their perverted life style is normal and

the children grow up trying the same things.

Then you have the fact that the child will have two mummy's or two daddy's.

Every child should have the right to have a mother and a father.

It takes a male and female to create a child for a reason. That is the NATURAL order of things.

Gay people go on and on about their rights, but never give a shit about the rights of a child to

have a family as it was naturally intended.

I know gay people can be just as loving and can no doubt be good parents, but a child has a right

like I said to grow up in a family as it would be Naturally away from that perversion.

So my issues in this topic is:

1. God says Homosexuality is wrong and detestable so leave him the hell out of your marriage.

Do not come into the house of the Lord and Spit in his face.

2. The church cannot allow it or they are not a church of God and Truth.

3. Children need to be protected as they grow up and Develop their beliefs, values and morals.

The child's needs in ALL aspects of life need to matter and not the desires of people living a perverse life.

Now I have said I don't hate Gay people I have Gay friends. They know I hate what they do, but I do not hate them.

I do however hate the idea of children being brought up by Gay couples and it's just as wrong as the act of perversion.

Gay people want the right to marry fine. Above would be the Law I would put on them.

1) You're a bigot.

2) Your post reeks of the same 'I'm not racist, some of my favorite slaves are black! I just think nergos should say at the back of the bus.'

3) Does that mean you'd take children away from single parent house holds?

4) The bible also says that tattoos are an abomination, you got any of them?

4a) How about women wearing a "man's" style clothing?

4b) OR those who have sex outside of marriage?

5) Children SHOULD be protected, by not forcing them into a belief system they don't understand and have TERRORISTS use the FEAR and TERROR of Hell to keep them in line.

Very different. Gay couples teach their children being Gay is normal and the nature Vs Nurture argument. We are all affected by how we are brought up and what we see. Children should be brought up in a straight home with a mother and father. If they chose to be gay when they become teens or whatever then that is their choce. But being brought up with two men or two woman is not.

We are not saying Gay people would not be good as parents, but rather you are forcing your life style on your kids no matter what you do. Kids brains absorb right and wrong, the way the world works and values and all that in their early childhood. There for your way of life is what they learn. Children learn from watching their parents.

We has a lez couple across from us when I was a teen. they adopted a girl. So surprise even in primary school she was taking her friends home and getting them into lezbian acts with her.

I also question what some not all or even most gay couple do in front of their children, They think being gay is right so they teach them.

Gay people have no right to force it on a child, that means bringing children up in a gay home. You guys what your right that's fine stop shitting all over the rights of children and putting your

lives before theirs.

SEE: My previous post.

You're another, ignorant, bigot who clearly hasn't been outside his/her own closet.

Go back to burning your crosses, on your own lawns, and leave civilization to the civilized.

Edited by Tanis
  • Like 2

That's like saying children that have abusive parents will turn out that way or that if the parents drugs the kids will do them too.
Also, but I sorta doubt gay couples "force" a certian sexuility on the children they have. 

If the child has a loving caring home it shouldn't matter if it's a gay/straight or one parent home.
Like, if you had to choose who to give a baby to, you're telling me you'd give it to a straight couple that would abuse it over a gay couple that would love and care for it?
I just wish people would teach that it's okay be comfortable with how you feel as long as it doesn't hurt others/yourself.

Ugh, I had more to say but it was all such a gibberish rant I deleted it and even this is rather gibberish.

• Like 1

I would not give my child away, but if I had to I would not give it to either you speak of.

I said you have a right to chose how you live your life mate, but not to force it on a child.

I have a degree in child psychology.  although I chose to work as a computer techniction.

I had to learn so much about what effects child rearing has and who and how a child is

brought up has the most massive impact on their whole life style, beliefs system and values.

A gay couple can love a child but everything they learn teaches them gay is right and their way of

life is the correct one. Kids want to be like their parents.

Believe me you will do more harm than you know to a child bring them up in that environment.

Just like a child brought up in an abusive home. It's all learned from the early years. The Foundation years.

Edited by theNexus

I would not give my child away, but if I had to I would not give it to either you speak of.

I said you have a right to chose how you live your life mate, but not to force it on a child.

I have a degree in child psychology.  although I chose to work as a computer techniction.

I had to learn so much about what effects child rearing has and who and how a child is

brought up has the most massive impact on their whole life style, beliefs system and values.

A gay couple can love a child but everything they learn teaches them gay is right and their way of

life is the correct one. Kids want to be like their parents.

Believe me you will do more harm than you know to a child bring them up in that environment.

Just like a child brought up in an abusive home. It's all learned from the early years. The Foundation years.

Just because you believe it's wrong doesn't mean it's wrong. I'd rather kids not be indoctrinated into religion because it's early age brain washing. Rarely do kids break away from that and free there minds of it. I'm one of the rare ones who pulled out and freed my mind. Also we need more kids to grow up seeing is at ok because it is. I also WILL be having kids and getting married. "I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way." That goes for anyone else that's gay. Either you're born that way or not you can't choose are become "turned" that way. If I could turn guys gay that'd be some voodoo shit and would ROCK! My child will also have my BLOOD and my husbands last name. (I will also have my husbands last name) This is future planning but my kid will be brought up in a very healthy environment. It will be more loving than a religious household for sure. I love my parents very much and they raised me well, i don't like there beliefs, but aside from that they raised me well but guess what even though they are fundamental Christians I'm gay. Reason? That's obvious, by birth. It's like eye color but it's slightly more complex because it comes from multiple variables in the genetic code that can come from past chromosomes.  

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

TRUNKSvsCELL: So with your way of thinking Pedophilia must be something people are born being and therefor we should accept that too?

If a person is born gay and we should accept that, then logic say people are also born pedophiles too..  To me that is what your logic states.

people are born blank slates. What they become is a product of everything they see, hear, learn and experience in their life.

Edited by theNexus

So you're calling me a pedophile now? I'm one of the most tolerant gay people you'll ever talk to BUT there are some things that set me off: comparing me to pedophiles, telling me I should not be able to have kids, saying I chose to be who I am (only thing i chose was to be open and honest about it), being looked at negatively in ANY way based off my sexuality. As long as you don't do those things I can tolerate anti-gay bullshit.

Okay. Time to stick my big nose in this oven while it's hot.

There seems to be this belief that Homosexuality is a choice or an automatic fetish of some kind. The fact is, though they call it sexual "preference," it is a natural human tendency. Any child or adult could start to have sexual fantasies or a feeling of attraction towards their male friends before they even realize they are gay.

As far as biology is concerned, yes, the way the penis and the vagina are formed, they are sort of meant to cross paths. But if the feelings of an individual gets in the way of that, there is nothing wrong with it. The world will not tumble over, and the two same-sex people are feeling the same pleasure, love, and passion that an opposite-sex couple does.

I am 110% in support of Gay Marriage. But what I think is the gay community should find an alternative approach of getting a legal union of two homosexuals. Why bicker with these Religious wackos that won't change their minds, anyway? Why even associate yourself with that ideology at all? 

Now on to this, "Children will be taught to be gay by their gay parents" nonsense. First off, like TrunksvsCell beat me to saying just now, there are countless straight parents who had a child who came to be gay. Some parents didn't accept this and still taught them that it was wrong, and that they should be ashamed and disowned. I'm sure at that point, a lot of them would give anything to be straight to alleviate them of this torture and cruelty. Did it happen? No. Their feelings were the same. The point that I've made 50 times now, I'm sure, is that you're either gay or you're not, you may be influenced to think one is superior over the other, but deep down inside, it's about what your heart tells you.

If I could turn guys gay that'd be some voodoo shit and would ROCK!

Can I please not be gay, if that's okay with you? I love titties too much.

• Like 2

THAT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME THING!

Why does that always get thrown into the gay right debates? 

Being a pedo is a psychological problem, being gay isn't. 

It gets used because it's a fear defense mechanism. It's what branded into there brain from religion. It's more often used by gay people in the closet though because they themselves tell themselves they aren't gay in denial because they are raised to believe it's the same and they don't wanna be that and so it's sort of a force-field. I was in the closet and a christian once. I know exactly how he'll respond before he does and why he does it too. (not saying he's in the closet) but it's used mostly by closeted gays who hide in the religion that they are enslaved by.

• Like 1

TRUNKSvsCELL: So with your way of thinking Pedophilia must be something people are born being and therefor we should accept that too?

If a person is born gay and we should accept that, then logic say people are also born pedophiles too..  To me that is what your logic states.

people are born blank slates. What they become is a product of everything they see, hear, learn and experience in their life.

So you're calling me a pedophile now? I'm one of the most tolerant gay people you'll ever talk to BUT there are some things that set me off: comparing me to pedophiles, telling me I should not be able to have kids, saying I chose to be who I am (only thing i chose was to be open and honest about it), being looked at negatively in ANY way based off my sexuality. As long as you don't do those things I can tolerate anti-gay bullshit.

Homosexuality and Pedophilia are not the same, although I do believe sexual attraction of any kind is not something that can be controlled. You can tell someone to try to not be attracted to 10 year old girls all day, but deep down they find themselves having the same thoughts, regardless of whether or not they want to. And Pedophilia does inflict harm on children, which is why it should not be acted upon. The only thing Homosexuality has harmed are the security of very close minded individuals who cannot possibly justify their recoil.

THAT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME THING!

Why does that always get thrown into the gay right debates? 

Being a pedo is a psychological problem, being gay isn't. 

It gets used because it's a fear defense mechanism. It's what branded into there brain from religion. It's more often used by gay people in the closet though because they themselves tell themselves they aren't gay in denial because they are raised to believe it's the same and they don't wanna be that and so it's sort of a force-field. I was in the closet and a christian once. I know exactly how he'll respond before he does and why he does it too. (not saying he's in the closet) but it's used mostly by closeted gays who hide in the religion that they are enslaved by.

I couldn't have said it better myself. People are born blank states, but they don't learn and feel every solitary thing about themselves based on what someone older than them did or said. You may be a different story, Nexus, but most of us have explored our conscious, morality, and sexuality for ourselves, and that is what we should be teaching our children, first and foremost.

Edited by Arian
  • Like 1

I couldn't have said it better myself. People are born blank states, but they don't learn and feel every solitary thing about themselves based on what someone older than them did or said. You may be a different story, Nexus, but most of us have explored our conscious, morality, and sexuality for ourselves, and that is what we should be teaching our children, first and foremost.

Well the thing is with religion you are more prone to stay with usually because it works on your mind at a much higher intensity than just being simply raised by your parents. Most stay enslaved by it young and rarely shake it. It's what caused kids to treat gay people as the lesser to themselves. Usually those who are gay slowly crack and break out of that mold but others it's a little harder.

Well the thing is with religion you are more prone to stay with usually because it works on your mind at a much higher intensity than just being simply raised by your parents. Most stay enslaved by it young and rarely shake it. It's what caused kids to treat gay people as the lesser to themselves. Usually those who are gay slowly crack and break out of that mold but others it's a little harder.

Oh, my brother, I know, and all it causes is human suffering and living your life in fear. It is brave of you to be open about your orientation and embrace all of the spitting and discrimination you may get from it, though it shouldn't be. It should be like saying, "I have a dog at home."

• Like 1