Against Removal

Kiwi

RikuoAmero

Goldstandard90

Mute point

Krogothwolf (only lurks in CB as is)

Avith (kind of half and half)

Officer Kj (13 posts, CB lurker only)

Fumi-chan (22 posts, but hasn't been around long)

For Removal / Understand

Dan Den

twinArmageddons

Sorceress Yuri

Talena Mae

Chupathingy220

Indy D. Ace

nemarious

Bardon

J-Lord144

Ang3lofDarkness

shyguysteve

idl12

K3k4sh1

poetictragedy

RazorDan

lemmingllama

TheLostFool

xAaronx

honey_prince

crazysage

Noato

→Speed← ???

shaqsalazar

Kasoivc

Naito

Renzourin

Zombie Shazi

BlackDahlia

SpaceCreepKitan

Ripcat

Dude888

Pretty much the entire staff is in agreement of it's removal.

RikuoAmero and Mute point are the only ones against removing it that have actually contributed to the forum itself often and have tried to make points as to why they feel it was a bad idea. The rest haven't done so.

Who said I was taking sides, all I did was say this sucks for me. I don't mind it now but later on when I'm a bit more active I would want CB back. But again you do what you gotta do, if it's bad for the website then remove it and find other options.

Who said I was taking sides, all I did was say this sucks for me. I don't mind it now but later on when I'm a bit more active I would want CB back. But again you do what you gotta do, if it's bad for the website then remove it and find other options.

If you look it says "for removal / UNDERSTAND" it doesnt mean you are taking a side, only means you understand why the limits were put on in the first place ^.^

Chatbox has been reduced to 200 posts so more people can view it and we'll continue to monitor it (server usage, forum activity, etc) to see how it goes for a couple more days before making a final decision on what will be done. It's at the bottom of the index page for those who have trouble finding it.

i'm all for whatever decision you make koby, the cb is a nice place to hang out, but for a while i've been trying to encourage people to post things, like my ebook idea in the premium section and recipes in balamb cafe... and also my stories.

if the cb needs to go, than it needs to go.. i would honestly rather not see it gone though.

For me, 200 posts seems perfectly reasonable, especially since I don't have the internet at home and can only get online once or twice a week, but having said that, I would think differently if I had more access to the internet. So yeah, I'm not too fussed. :D

On the other hand, I do try to get involved with some of the forums discussions, but my posts tend to get ignored entirely. xD

Just a small question Koby, How about giving people who donate back the access to the CB? Unless there is a reason for you not to do that..?

I was thinking, they gave money to help keep the site up and running... so don't you think they should be allowed to access it? >.<; please don't yell at me LOL

Hmm, still thinking about this. Although I understand that it would greatly help improve the forum by removing the CB, maybe Mae has a point here. After all, as Mae said, they are giving money to help the forum therefore they should possibly be allowed access to the CB when it is possibly going or changing the max posts needed?

Hmm, still thinking about this. Although I understand that it would greatly help improve the forum by removing the CB, maybe Mae has a point here. After all, as Mae said, they are giving money to help the forum therefore they should possibly be allowed access to the CB when it is possibly going or changing the max posts needed?

I second this, although Koby has mentioned coding problems before, so it might not be possible. If so, I won't complain (well, not that much ^^).

As an aside, others have mentioned that if we don't like threads such as "My favourite character" etc., we should just create our own. However, one thing that I've only noticed recently is that its those types of threads that get the highest views/comments. For example, I posted Plot Breakers in the Naruto section, which is an in-depth analysis of Naruto and how its plot is broken. However, its only got 47 views and 6 replies (3 of them mine). I have yet to see anyone offer a counter-argument. Ditto goes for Bleach. Plenty of topics there about it, but none of them really take a critical look at it.

This does sound like I'm just complaining that I'm not getting any views, I'll admit that. I'm just pointing out something I observed. The problem could be me though, perhaps I need to change my writing style or something (maybe no-one here at Kametsu wants to read such long posts)

I second this, although Koby has mentioned coding problems before, so it might not be possible. If so, I won't complain (well, not that much ^^).

As an aside, others have mentioned that if we don't like threads such as "My favourite character" etc., we should just create our own. However, one thing that I've only noticed recently is that its those types of threads that get the highest views/comments. For example, I posted Plot Breakers in the Naruto section, which is an in-depth analysis of Naruto and how its plot is broken. However, its only got 47 views and 6 replies (3 of them mine). I have yet to see anyone offer a counter-argument. Ditto goes for Bleach. Plenty of topics there about it, but none of them really take a critical look at it.

This does sound like I'm just complaining that I'm not getting any views, I'll admit that. I'm just pointing out something I observed. The problem could be me though, perhaps I need to change my writing style or something (maybe no-one here at Kametsu wants to read such long posts)

Its untrue that we dont like those kinds of posts, just that almost all of your arguments and criticisms were good. And when someone writes that long, noone wants just to say "i agree" because then we sound like spammers. Plus those favourite threads get targeted by spammers so thats whythey get so many replies

I have a question for Koby. I understand what is going on but my question is I know everything costs money I was wondering having old posts and member accounts that haven't been active for a few years cost money for having them stored. If so would it help stretch out the money if it was cleaned up. Just wondering, I'm not really sure how things work to run a forum but the more space you have the more you can put on.

I have a question for Koby. I understand what is going on but my question is I know everything costs money I was wondering having old posts and member accounts that haven't been active for a few years cost money for having them stored. If so would it help stretch out the money if it was cleaned up. Just wondering, I'm not really sure how things work to run a forum but the more space you have the more you can put on.

Space isn't an issue.

For the record, I didn't say I was for or against the removal. I just said a piece on it. I don't get as active here as I was before because I've had a really brutal life lately, so I'm neither active in the forum or the cb as much as before. Life's a bitch at times.

I don't care what happens in the end with it. I do enjoy that I got to know everyone better though through it.