Chatbox Temporarily Removed

Koby

I didn't fail to grasp anything, I only see an administrator who is vexxing his userbase.

You can say what you want, but it doesn't make it true. You clearly don't understand the point of a forum. If a CB is that important to you then go find somewhere else to lurk. This is a community forum.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries bro. ^_^ Well that stinks koby.. and I understand what you guys mean by it wont help long term members start being more "active".. I have another idea though! for the year and a half that I have been a member of kametsu I have never seen a new section' date=' for example: "Shinra Headquarters", "Media Central", "Content Distro", and "Tantalus Hideout".. Maybe a 5th section would be a nice idea to get people focused on posting rather than using the CB all the time because that section would be more interesting/productive! This is only my idea so if you decide to do this of course you can change it any way you want! My idea would be to add a "Development" section, for game developement subsection(content as in 3d models, tutorials, user help, etc), user created/and or hosted game servers subsection, a Youtube videos subsection of users finished work, General Bussiness plans/ development subsection, and a random development subsection! To sum it up there would be a new main section, "Development" and 5 subsections. Good idea? why or why not? (I sound like an annoying college instructor dont I? xDD)

Edit1: lama thats not a new section xD

good idea or not and why or why not koby.........

Edit1: also.. may i suggest to not argue about this.... shouldnt this thread be a place to talk about what could be done differently instead of arguing?.. all of my posts have been ideas in this thread and none of them have said the cb blah blah blah is a bad or good idea.. theyve all been ideas for forum activity...

Edit2: i keep forgetting to say stuff xD anyway... i also think if the community members are saying what they like about this forum.. why take it away?.. i agree with more posts needing to be made.. i dont know why there cant just be changes made to the forum itself rather than taking the forums "feature" away.. we should be discussing ideas to make the forum more interesting(im not saying its not interesting.. just saying it could be "more" interesting) rather than say somebody doesnt understand what a forum is or is not.. it would be far more "adult" like and productive to brainstorm! =)

good idea or not and why or why not koby.........

I already responded to this.

To summarize the topic at hand:

Against Removal

Kiwi

RikuoAmero

Goldstandard90

Mute point

Krogothwolf (only lurks in CB as is)

Avith (kind of half and half)

Officer Kj (13 posts' date=' CB lurker only)

Fumi-chan (22 posts, but hasn't been around long)

[b']For Removal / Understand

Dan Den

twinArmageddons

Sorceress Yuri

Talena Mae

Chupathingy220

Indy D. Ace

nemarious

Bardon

J-Lord144

Ang3lofDarkness

shyguysteve

idl12

K3k4sh1

poetictragedy

RazorDan

lemmingllama

TheLostFool

xAaronx

honey_prince

crazysage

Noato

→Speed← ???

shaqsalazar

Kasoivc

Naito

Renzourin

Zombie Shazi

BlackDahlia

SpaceCreepKitan

Ripcat

Dude888

Pretty much the entire staff is in agreement of it's removal.

RikuoAmero and Mute point are the only ones against removing it that have actually contributed to the forum itself often and have tried to make points as to why they feel it was a bad idea. The rest haven't done so.

i was asking about my idea that ive asked about 4 times that is quoted the 2 times before this and original question/idea was 3 posts(of mine) before this post.. as of this post.. i could care less about the removal or non removal of the cb because it will not increase member activity either way..

i was asking about my idea that ive asked about 4 times that is quoted the 2 times before this and original question/idea was 3 posts(of mine) before this post.. as of this post.. i could care less about the removal or non removal of the cb because it will not increase member activity either way..

Like I said. I've already responded to to that. Go back and read through the thread.

As for your 2nd comment. Activity has doubled since removing the CB. Doesn't mean it'll stay like that, but it does show that most people do understand and do get the point and are trying to keep the place alive.

I think that the people who are flipping out about it being gone just don't understand that if there's someone you talk to all the time on the CB, you can just PM them or talk to them through profile messages. Instead of reacting like the sky is falling, contribute to the forum that the CB is on and then maybe you'd get taken more seriously. I'm not much to talk since I've been here since January and I've only posted around 350 times, but sometimes screaming until you get what you want just isn't the best way of doing things.

In some ways, I hope that it'll remain like this, because for maybe the first time I've been here, I feel like people are actually discussing things and not just posting for spam or whatever. It actually feels like a community now.

Like I said. I've already responded to to that. Go back and read through the thread.

As for your 2nd comment. Activity has doubled since removing the CB. Doesn't mean it'll stay like that, but it does show that most people do understand and do get the point and are trying to keep the place alive.

Yeah, I have noticed this to, but here's the thing. Do you really want activity to rise just because they want access to the chatbox?

I don't know. I'm an active poster (well, now that band is over, I will be much much more active), but I still really liked the chatbox. It's much faster to talk to someone and say hi and talk about your day than sending messages over and over again on their profile. Plus, as Facebook goes, my mom doesn't approve of Facebook, so I can only get on it when she's not home. As for Kametsu, she doesn't even know of its existence, so it is much easier for me to chat on here than it is on Facebook.

Again, I do understand the reasoning behind the removal, and will support either decision made. I just want it known that it will also be missed by actual active members as well.

People here seem to think that they'll make less friends or have less interactions with people if their weren't a cb, that's defnitely not true, some of the best friends I've made online(not counting my Cod and left 4 dead buddies) I've made them from places that don't have a cb, since they never had it in the first place, no one complains about the absence of it and get along just fine, it was a forum with 10x less members than here and it was still more active or at least had more interesting topics than here does, it seems like people may have just gotten a bit spoiled here and started to think of the place as a semi anonymous social network or something.

Well, thought I'd chime in here with a few thoughts. Its been a couple days since I said anything about the CB.

I'm just going to say why I value the CB so highly.

I've made some wonderful friends on Kametsu here. This is truly my most valued online community. Do you want to know how valued? Just beneath my address bar, I have a row of icons/links for my my favourite websites, sorta like bookmarks. Kametsu is number three there, just after my Hotmail and Gmail. Yes, for me, Kametsu comes before Youtube, it comes before my favourite blog, it comes before Facebook, it comes before Steam and Escapist and That Guy with the Glasses, it comes before Demonoid. So thank you Koby, for building my favourite online community! You have my eternal gratitude!

The reason I love the Chatbox is that it allows me to keep in contact with my Kametsu friends. We don't follow the same sections here. Some of them I've never seen in the Tech Center for example. Some of them inhabit the Graphical Division, which is something I'm not primarily interested in, so I never visit it. The Chatbox is what allows us to stay in contact.

People have mentioned a Facebook page. However, for me, that's a no-go. I use Facebook to keep in contact with people in the real world. I only have about 30 or so friends there, and they are all people I have met in real life.

In fact, my best mate/bro is the only one of my Facebook friends who knows of my handle RikuoAmero.

It's just the way I like it. I want to keep my online world and my offline world separate. If I happened to run across a Kametsu member in real life, and we got friendly in real life, then yes, I'd probably add you to my Facebook, as an easy way to keep in contact. Ditto goes for Skype and Live Messenger.

Another reason I value the Chatbox is that it allows me to have fun and just act a bit goofy with my Kametsu friends. You've seen my forum posts and they are RIDICULOUSLY long (check out my Naruto Plot Breakers ^^). That's because, in the limited space of a chatbox, I don't have the luxury of spelling out everything I see. So I don't bother. If I have something that I want to share, I go to the forums. Sometimes, I may put up a link in the chatbox, but that's because I deem it unworthy of a truly serious discussion in the forums. Or I just saw something, want to vent, and Kametsu is my valve, but I don't want it to be there the next morning (let's just pretend the CB Archive doesn't exist).

honestly i wont lie.. even though i understand why this would happen im going to miss chatting with a lot of people that were only in the cb every other day.. you all know i was almost always the top cb chatter(not something to be proud of im just the kind of person that doesnt talk much in rl except in black ops.. and thats not really real life talking..) honestly i wish this wouldnt happen but at the same time i know its going to.. tell me im flipping out or something but it wont change my "mild" sadness about this.. i was hoping if i didnt say how i felt about this and i posted more that this would all calm down or something but now it feels as if i should just get over it and forget the time ive spent in the cb..

i will also tell you that i have addictions that im aware about.. my gaming addiction for example.. i wasnt aware of it until i mentioned in the cb here at kam that i was going to not play any games at all(no fb games not even get on my ps3 or 360.. nothing..) for 2 weeks.. and the next day i started trying to justify playing a fb game or two.. and completely forgot i said that until yesterday lol... my gaming addiction is so bad that i started gaming the day after i said id stop and didnt even remember i said id stop.. anyway getting back to the point! the cb is one of my addictions.. because i dont have any real life buddies/friends/ whatever you want to call them..(except lena but we never hang out..) i am only able to talk to people online via chatting and mics.. but ive been limited to chatting since 3 weeks ago when my PC headset snapped in half.. no more pc mic and nobody to talk with anyway. >.> i know addictions are bad and hard to get rid of.. and i know im just ranting kind of but ill have to get over it i guess

as ive stated to koby before i believe hes made the right choice in this, yeah your all used to talking to the cb but tbh you know how i communicate with most? through msn all my good friends ive added and talk to them instead of the cb and i know im co admin and i only have 1100 posts but i do my job for the most part i upload and create threads and moderate them hell if you could actually see it a good 75% of my posts are from replying to reported threads and posts

the fact is, koby is admin and 95% of the staff agree with him hes been told before by me and others that he should remove the cb the fact that hes done so now shows that he has cause to have done it

so sit tight relax hes set in his way hes not gonna change it for nothing

if you really want him to change it come up with something more effective

and about the suggestion that yumi posted if koby can do it im nearly certian he will thats what he wanted in the first part

I already responded to this.

To summarize the topic at hand:

Against Removal

Kiwi

RikuoAmero

Goldstandard90

Mute point

Krogothwolf (only lurks in CB as is)

Avith (kind of half and half)

Officer Kj (13 posts, CB lurker only)

Fumi-chan (22 posts, but hasn't been around long)

For Removal / Understand

Dan Den

twinArmageddons

Sorceress Yuri

Talena Mae

Chupathingy220

Indy D. Ace

nemarious

Bardon

J-Lord144

Ang3lofDarkness

shyguysteve

idl12

K3k4sh1

Kasoivc de Lecroixe

poetictragedy

RazorDan

lemmingllama

TheLostFool

xAaronx

honey_prince

crazysage

Noato

→Speed← ???

shaqsalazar

Kasoivc

Naito

Renzourin

Zombie Shazi

BlackDahlia

SpaceCreepKitan

Ripcat

Dude888

Pretty much the entire staff is in agreement of it's removal.

RikuoAmero and Mute point are the only ones against removing it that have actually contributed to the forum itself often and have tried to make points as to why they feel it was a bad idea. The rest haven't done so.

Fixed**

My point still stands that it gets rather bothersome replying to the same generic threads, e.g. Insert what you're currently watching/reading/playing [here] or to the threads where the TC posts one or two sentances about their so called "favorite game series" and then everyone that follows suit in posting either posts "Yeah, its a good game [insert small details about why socalled game = win" or posts a five word reply about how it sucks.

I'm not much of a thread creator as I am a discusser/debater but I'm not going to lie, most of the activity comes from rather not the people who come here looking just for downloads and maybe a day's worth of amusement, but specifically those who come here looking for a community/forum. I honestly don't see the forum growing to 100+s active members per day, otherwise CB would've became truly chaotic a long time ago.

If we dig up my introduction thread from... what. A year ago? I remember specifically stating that Kametsu was exactly what I was looking for. An anime/video game discussion forum.

My Into Thread: http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=11483

My Ragequit Thread (Which was a result of adverse effects of CB): http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=16927

When I joined here, all I knew about it was that Ren helped moderate the place. I didn't know it was an anime or gaming forum. The CB is what really hooked me on this place, and while I do understand the reasons for removing it, I do not, and will not support the decision to do so.

I'm still going to be active here no matter what happens. But next time you decide you need to change something, a little warning would be nice.

i am really going to miss it i really do hope it comes back i think a chatango chat box would be better less lag even tho the hole make a username could become a pain but hell everyone should or had 1 at 1 time lol you have mods and you can block bad words + just about ever anime site i know use it