Best antivirus software for PC?

DEATHxxx50bmg

If anyone is looking for a great anitvirus, ESET Smart security is perfect. Example. it caught 4 viruses that all my previous anitvirus programs missed. it worked for me. i tested it out with the trial version first. well worth the money in my opinion. ( Like i said. it worked for me. this is just a suggestion) there might be the perfect one for you.

If anyone is looking for a great anitvirus, ESET Smart security is perfect. Example. it caught 4 viruses that all my previous anitvirus programs missed. it worked for me. i tested it out with the trial version first. well worth the money in my opinion.

Same here. I am using ESET Smart Security for 3 years now and it never let me down + It doesn't require a lot of HD space and it works silently including the updates. I also installed it to my PC.

If you are looking for an anti virus that wont let anything pass it and don't if it beats the crap outta your system ( Means that it demands a lot of memory just to run the god damn thing then i would recommend Kaspersky, Sounds more horrible when i say it but it doesn't work that bad either if you got a Fast Machine )..............

And if you wanna go for something cheap go for AVG....

My choice would be ESET NOD32 anti virus.... Its been great for me... Its not to heavy and offers decent protection and recovery!

i use avast 5 pro internet security and i love it absolutely love it i feel rather secure with its built in firewall and idk just never had virii issues hell i almost installed a program that hada virus on it avast saw it stopped it then removed the installation of the program so yeah it works 60$ well spent

How much did you guys pay for ESET? I tried the trial once and liked it well enough. I'm thinking about trying a paid virus scanner/firewall again when I redo my annual reinstall. I go between avast and avira now and while both work well I haven't really found a free firewall I like yet.

The Microsoft Security Essentials keeps pissing me off though, one of the other programs I use doesn't seem to place nice with it. So after about a month of using it or so I start getting 90% cpu usage because one of MSE's processes is going crazy. I can find a bunch of other people having the same problem but the only real fix I've found that works so far is uninstalling it. Have any of the other people using MSE had this problem.

The Microsoft Security Essentials keeps pissing me off though, one of the other programs I use doesn't seem to place nice with it. So after about a month of using it or so I start getting 90% cpu usage because one of MSE's processes is going crazy. I can find a bunch of other people having the same problem but the only real fix I've found that works so far is uninstalling it. Have any of the other people using MSE had this problem.

I haven't had any issues.

From my experience:

AVG- sucks, never finds anything.

Avast- same thing as above, but looks stupid too.

Avira- detects a lot of stuff, but free version is plagued with ads and pop-ups, so it sucks

Nod32- one of the best, but not free

Kaspersky- one of the best, but not free

MSE- free, decent, and officially supported by Microsoft. Usually this is enough for a computer.

You guys can also try Panda Cloud Antivirus. I never notice it at all, but it does find stuff occasionally (just doesn't tell you). My type of antivirus. :)

• 3 weeks later...