Best antivirus software for PC?

DEATHxxx50bmg

• 4 weeks later...

Avast messed up my firewall last time I used it, probably a conflict with windows but still annoying

Norton is crap unless it's the paid version since I can't afford it and Ant viruses and Os's are the two things I refuse to pirate ever.

Avira- was alright but I never found a way to turn off that annoying detection alert sound.

Avg- what I currently use, So far hasn't bothered me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use a few different pieces of software that have worked quite well over the last few years. I use Microsoft Security Essentials - that runs in the background for real-time protection against viruses and all that. I have Spybot - for to remove spyware and all that crap that sneaks through. Malwarebytes - gets everything Spybot misses. Those are all free. The only thing I pay for is SystemSuite - which I only use as my firewall and use it for cleaning up my computer for defrag and what not. SystemSuite can be used as active protection to run in the background which you can choose to do if you want so you cant have both that and MSE running at the same time, I think Security Essentials does a little better just so I have that turned off on Systemsuite.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I refuse to use anything made by McAfee after that pandemic about 9 years ago where they had a lot of their workers develop and release a lot of new viruses onto the net trying to get people infected so more people would invest in protections to make them money.

I currently use free methods like Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.