The series that was the biggest letdown/disappointment?

Lantern89

Didn't enjoy? Or didn't understand?

Anyway, you made me curious, what animes did you like?

My current top five:

Major

Ouran High School Host Club

Gintama

Ghost in the Shell (including SAC)

Saiunkoku Monogatari

I also like Trinity Blood, BECK, Initial D, Death Note, Code Geass, Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop. I don't mind Naruto/Shippuden and Fullmetal Alchemist.

What's your assessment?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current top five:

Major

Gintama

Saiunkoku Monogatari

I also like Trinity Blood, BECK, Initial D, Death Note, Code Geass, Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop. I don't mind Naruto/Shippuden and Fullmetal Alchemist.

What's your assessment?

Of your top 5... Gintama is the only one I have seen.. and while it's good.. it probably would not even be in my top 40. =P

My current top five:

Major

Gintama

Saiunkoku Monogatari

What's your assessment?

Haven't watched anything but Ghost in the shell, I mean the movie. And that part confused me the most, cause when you said you got bored of those animes, I thought you are more of the action type. Yet you like GIS which is not action whatsoever.

So, you remain enigmatic to me...

There's not many I've watched that I really don't like.

The only two I can think of are Blood+ and Berserk.

Blood+ takes way too long to get to anything interesting, and the characters, while somewhat interesting were boring as hell.

Berserk I dropped after about 5 or 6 episodes, I couldn't stand any more of that boring diologue and horrible action scenes.

Yeah I didn't quite like the negima series. I did enjoy the nadesico series but the movie followup had so much happen in so little time and the ending was kind of retarded if you ask me. Kodocha, maybe the worst though to me at least I just didnt get the point of it, and it just seemed alittle compulsive to me...

• 1 year later...

HighSchool of the Dead episode 1 set it up for greatness, only to forget about story and zombies and go straight to fanservice for episodes 2-end.

Ikkitousen was excellent first season aside from terribly drawn characters at times, but every season after the first should be trashed.

Bleach really set the stage on the first few episodes, but went straight downhill from there. Mayoi Neko Overrun, I think the first 4 episodes were interesting, but it became all shitty from there. Kore wa Zombie desu ka, another series which I thought would be kind of cool, but was utterly disappointed when I found out that the other Masou Shoujo never returned. I can't really think of any other series right now

Dragonball GT was an epic legendary letdown. Some others; There's Ikki Tousen season 3 even though I actually loved the 1st and 2nd seasons. I gotta say FMA. So many people told to watch it and said it's really great, but personally I found it a bit boring and very overhyped. Meh, maybe it's not my cup of tea. Blade of the Immortal was very disappointing. The ending was ... well ... not an ending. As a whole because of how incomplete it was, the series seemed lacking basically any major story. If it had continued well ... who knows.

The most disappointing thing was when Bleach did not end

*nods in agreement!*

For me (besides Bleach) I would have to say Rosario + Vampire season 2 and Vampire Knight... Rosario season 2 was just fan-serves and no story/threw the manga storyline out the window... Vampire Knight, I had heard so many good things about it, but I watched the first season and a few episodes into the second and just dropped it, I just couldn't get into it. I didn't hate it, just was not captivating for me, it was more a let down because of the hype then anything else.

• 4 months later...

Bleach, Serial Experiments Lain, Claymore. Bleach was super promising for the first 60 episodes or so and then went downhill to yelling, crying, and plotholes. Serial Experiments Lain sounded like a pretty awesome anime in the description, but in reality it was prrobably one of the worst animes I have seen. And Claymore was ok for a little bit, but honestly the only really good part was the whole Teresa part.

I agree with Koby. I had great hopes for High School of the Dead. However they just leave you hanging and do the same thing over and over again. I just finished watching the OVA of the show and it summed up the show like this.

Escape, Escape, Keep Escaping, Fight, Escape, Fight Fight Fight Fight and random sensual senses( rinse and repeat) That is pretty much the whole plot of the show right there.