The series that was the biggest letdown/disappointment?

Lantern89

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I think it is going to be bad I tend not to watch them so I can't honestly say what is bad.

However, some of the worst series I've watched can be found in my drop list, however some I actually finished:

11eyes

Ghost in the Shell - << Might eventually retry watching to get a better opinion.

Najica Blitz Tactics

Penguin Musume Heart

Real Drive

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

Texhnolyze

Mouse

Night of Taneyamagahara

Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Destroy the Saiyajin - << this was just plain stupid, no wonder it wasn't dubbed.

Ichi The Killer: Episode 0

Ninja Resurrection

Armitage III

Armitage III Dual-Matrix

Armitage III Polymatrix

Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows - << TV series is great, but this was horrible.

Koihime†Musou OVA

Koby you didn't like Ghost in the Shell?!!!!! What?!! No way. you must have just not understood the storyline. I had to re-watch it about 3 times to understand the story completely but once you understand it. OMG. It is permanently in my top 5.

I only saw like 4 "random" episodes while my sis was watching it before. She loves it and bought the box set and the movies though. Hence why I said I might eventually go back and watch it because to be fair I didn't get a fair assessment of it to begin with. =P

Give it another try Koby. I found it hard to understand, but I still loved it.

I really didn't enjoy these:

Saiyuki

Fullmetal Panic

Dragonball GT

Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Black Blood Brothers

Ah! My Goddess (boring...)

Darker Than Black

Devil May Cry (it could have been better)

Samurai Champloo (i forced myself to finish watching it)

Yeah, most of them were boring. Also, if I don't like the characters, I tend to drop the anime.

I know alot of people are going to hate me for saying this, but I think Inuyasha is crap. I never want to see another episode of that again! It's repetitiveness felt like torture. Sorry fans.......

Saiyuki

Fullmetal Panic

Dragonball GT

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Black Blood Brothers

Darker Than Black

Yeah, most of them were boring. Also, if I don't like the characters, I tend to drop the anime.

I know alot of people are going to hate me for saying this, but I think Inuyasha is crap. I never want to see another episode of that again! It's repetitiveness felt like torture. Sorry fans.......

Full Metal Panic! and Darker Than Black were both good series. Not awesome, but good enough to recommend. 8/10

Dragonball GT was shit compared to the others yes because it was more comical and all, but without thinking back to Z.. GT did decently. Especially later in the series the fights got better and all too.

Inuyasha was mostly dragged out filler though. =P I actually thought it was pretty good. All the fillers kind of blended in to where you couldn't tell what was canon and what wasn't. I'm waiting on Final Act to be dubbed since I watched all the original in English. xD Maybe you can find out what was filler, and skip it all.. and just watch the canon.. Might leave you with like 20-40 (not sure how much was canon) episodes + Final Act.. and you might like it.

Full Metal Panic! and Darker Than Black were both good series. Not awesome, but good enough to recommend. 8/10

Dragonball GT was shit compared to the others yes because it was more comical and all, but without thinking back to Z.. GT did decently. Especially later in the series the fights got better and all too.

Inuyasha was mostly dragged out filler though. =P I actually thought it was pretty good. All the fillers kind of blended in to where you couldn't tell what was canon and what wasn't. I'm waiting on Final Act to be dubbed since I watched all the original in English. xD Maybe you can find out what was filler, and skip it all.. and just watch the canon.. Might leave you with like 20-40 (not sure how much was canon) episodes + Final Act.. and you might like it.

Yes, most of the anime on my list was decent. The majority would believe so. I'm just too picky and critical.

Oh, I didn't know that Inuyasha had so much filler. I suspected it, but I never got around to investigating it.

I only saw like 4 "random" episodes while my sis was watching it before. She loves it and bought the box set and the movies though. Hence why I said I might eventually go back and watch it because to be fair I didn't get a fair assessment of it to begin with. =P

You won't regret it. Promise. But some of the bad anime's I have seen would have to be D.N Angel, Yu-gi-oh after like season 1 or 2, and any dragon ball z after like cell saga. That's just me though.

Saiyuki

Fullmetal Panic

Dragonball GT

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Black Blood Brothers

Darker Than Black

I know, that tastes differ... And, well, anyone has his own oppinion...

But, c'mon, Neon Genesis Evangelion? Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Samurai Champloo? Boring characters?!?

Have you even watched these? Or did you just tried to kill some time in front of the screen?

I know, that tastes differ... And, well, anyone has his own oppinion...

But, c'mon, Neon Genesis Evangelion? Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Samurai Champloo? Boring characters?!?

Have you even watched these? Or did you just tried to kill some time in front of the screen?

lol I picked them especially to watch because I thought I'd liked them. But in the end, I honestly didn't enjoy them. Weird huh?