Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it runs on my crap system (9400gt, 2.8ghz Amd dual core, 3gb Ram) with the "high option selected from the launcher, albeit at at the crappy resolution of 800x 600, if there was only a way to turn shadows off completely and maybe disable some of the lighting effects it would run pretty well at a higher resolution.

You may be playing it well but you won't be playing it at its best. What resolution are you playing it at? It doesn't sound like your playing it in full HD or in DX 11. Are you using full AA? Have a look at the recommended requirements.

When I said highest settings, I meant it. 1080p, full AA, full AF, FXAA...absolutely everything on highest. And my single GPU is powering a second monitor at 1080p as well (although there's just Firefox open on that one...)

Edit: The game doesn't have DX 11 support. There's no tesselation or anything.

When I said highest settings, I meant it. 1080p, full AA, full AF, FXAA...absolutely everything on highest. And my single GPU is powering a second monitor at 1080p as well (although there's just Firefox open on that one...)

Edit: The game doesn't have DX 11 support. There's no tesselation or anything.

I don't see how this is possible. All the review sites Ive seen have said that you need a really good PC to run it at 60fps on ultra. Whats your fps like? Have you had a lot of activity on the screen yet. I was able to play the first level of BF3 on Ultra on my PC but the second level I had to turn down to high.

I don't see how this is possible. All the review sites Ive seen have said that you need a really good PC to run it at 60fps on ultra. Whats your fps like? Have you had a lot of activity on the screen yet. I was able to play the first level of BF3 on Ultra on my PC but the second level I had to turn down to high.

I'm uploading video proof of my claims to Youtube. It may be this evening before you see it, because it'll take about an hour to upload and I have to leave for work in about an hour ^^. If someone can tell me how to measure FPS in Skyrim, that would be great!

EDIT: I've tested my FPS with FRAPS. And this is what I get

2011-11-12 08:29:32 - TESV

Frames: 1468 - Time: 46098ms - Avg: 31.845 - Min: 18 - Max: 42

Ordered the Collectors Edition for the PC. Been playing it all morning and afternoon, totally lost track of time, so i guess thats a sign that its a good game to me. Oh yeah, that dragon statue is pretty bad ass. Too bad there was no cool pre order bonus armor or something.

while i have a dual core 2.3ghz processor and 3 gb of ram and im sure i could at least play it on decent level graphics i know my computer wont take it and the reason is i have the shittiest graphics card around a nvidia 6150se geforce its creators admit it was never meant for gaming hell i cant turn phantasy star blue burst all the way up cuz i lag out because of the shadows i cant play fallout3 either because of said shadows i lag like hell on fallout especially in buildings and its minimun specs is 2 ghz i have twice that so yeah until i replace that it just isnt gonna happen though ive watched skyrim on my buddies xbox 360 i gotta say was impressed

As far as I know 30FPS is good enough framerate for anything, especially since it is what most things run at. The normal framerate is usually 30FPS in America, while in Europe, it is 50-60FPS, due to NTSC and PAL differences. If the game was specifically designed for HDMI playback only, though, it would probably need around 60FPS for normal speeds, since true HD (which comes only through HDMI), is not NTSC or PAL. It is a class of its own.

i bought a new PC for Skyrim and Diablo 3. Skyrim is running on medium to low, but i still have to get a graphics card. (waiting for more info on Diablo 3). But even on low to medium, Skyrim is looking awesome!! only problem i had was when skyrim put me on medium graphs by default and i could see further that 10 metres infront of my character. so i decided to lower some textures and increase my view range. Cant wait to get out of this office and run around in skyrim!!