Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also running skyrim on near-minimum specs on a 2GBRAM VAIO; it's a shame, I could imagine what it would be like playing that game on high with mods, like I did with oblivion, but it's still very much worth it :)

I also keep a look out for mods that speed things up for the less "equipped", I thought about buying it for PS3, but playing elder scrolls with a controller must be awful.

Still best game (by far) to come out this year, I'm not going to play anything else until I clear it. To tell you the truth, ever since I played morrowind in my teens, any other game just falls short to me; the kind of fantasy lore and immersion that game provides is still one of a kind, and back then they didn't make it easy with auto-travel, you had to walk for *hours* front and back, it almost made you physically tired like "finally... back home!" :P

I'm also running skyrim on near-minimum specs on a 2GBRAM VAIO; it's a shame, I could imagine what it would be like playing that game on high with mods, like I did with oblivion, but it's still very much worth it :)

I also keep a look out for mods that speed things up for the less "equipped", I thought about buying it for PS3, but playing elder scrolls with a controller must be awful.

Still best game (by far) to come out this year, I'm not going to play anything else until I clear it. To tell you the truth, ever since I played morrowind in my teens, any other game just falls short to me; the kind of fantasy lore and immersion that game provides is still one of a kind, and back then they didn't make it easy with auto-travel, you had to walk for *hours* front and back, it almost made you physically tired like "finally... back home!" :P

All too true my friend. I didn't play much Oblivion myself (I didn't have a computer capable of playing it when it came out and by the time I did, there were much better games demanding my attention), I was hooked on the lore and history within Morrowind. I literally spent hours in game just browsing the books and reading them...then for shits and giggles shooting severed limbs out of my bow that exploded with the force of a nuclear bomb ^^

All too true my friend. I didn't play much Oblivion myself (I didn't have a computer capable of playing it when it came out and by the time I did, there were much better games demanding my attention), I was hooked on the lore and history within Morrowind. I literally spent hours in game just browsing the books and reading them...then for shits and giggles shooting severed limbs out of my bow that exploded with the force of a nuclear bomb ^^

: ) yeah I also liked reading some of the books, that was really the first game that made me feel lost (beside the ff's maybe, but they were one-shot through really, compared). and the sights and everything.. some people think the walking part of the series is boring, but its really what made it my favourite rpg, seeing a sunrise after clearing a dark infested dungeon was one of the experiences i still love remembering. now i'm used to it, it gets kinda boring sometimes, but back then it was a dream-game come true, i'm glad they kept going; I'm sure skyrim will also be giving alot of kids great memories :P

I don't think skyrim is a good pc port low fps for no reason i cant get a stable 60fps anywhere in this game. while i can play bf3 and get 60fps and when in heavy combat i get around 40fps.

It's actually a much better port than oblivion by far, less ctd's little to no stuttering(on a crappy system) and much better performance overall, there are stories of high end systems only clocking about 20 fps in oblivion when in the open world.

I tried it and it runs on my Intel Core i5 2320, 8GB RAM, and its Intel HD Integrated Graphics Adapter. I have only tried it on low, yet, but I can check the other settings to see how it runs. It ran extremely slow on my old PNY Nvidia 8400 GS graphics card (which for some reason said 512MB on the sticker on the side of it).

Not sure why i get bad performance maybe my specs?

Intel Xeon 5160 dual core 3.0ghz x2 = 4 cores

4G ddr2 ram

GTS450

windows 7 64bit

even tried all low settings barley any fps increase

I don't see why the performance can be bad either. Also, about your CPU, is that 2 physical CPUs of the same type. Also, what are the specs of the graphics card. It could be one of those 2 things. If you get framerates around 25-30FPS, that is perfectly normal framerate, any lower is not. Another, not-so-likely, possibility would be the RAM. I am barely able to run it with DDR3 RAM at 8GB. I meet all of the requirements except for the Graphics requirement and it works fine. The reason I asked about the CPUs is that there is usually an instability with 2 separate CPUs and that your particular CPU does not have an X2 variant in its specs.

Yes its two physical CPUs that are the same. I have all my drivers updated etc, my fps started at 45fps dropped to around 26 or so i haven't even been in game combat yet so i know it will just be lower with intense combat.

I also just remembered something. I heard that some of the higher end graphics cards, which I believe you Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 is, do NOT currently play the game very well. They expect that a future patch to either the game or the Graphics Card should fix the performance issues. Also, you should try a lower resolution and see if that helps. That would be a temporary workaround until your graphics card is capable of playing it properly.