Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

glitches glitches GLITCHES!!!

Now i know that nearly everyone has been saying that skyrim is very buggy, some have even been saying that "it's the glitchiest game ever".

The fact is i'v been playing it on pc and i only ever ran into one glitch so far.. BUT IT WAS THE WORST GLITCH EVER!!! > <

so i'v done most of the side mission before i started the main story, i decided that level 50 would be a great time to start it XD (having done over 300 side missions and owning 4 houses and completed 120 dungeons i was getting bored)

so i'm doing the main story and i'm up to this mission called "the cornered rat" where i have to go and speak to this guy sounds easy enough right? WRONG it's a bloody nightmare @ @

the bastard is behind a door that's MEANT TO OPEN AFTER YOU PERSUADE HIM TO OPEN IT

the bloody problem is it wont open and no matter what i do i can't get it to open, i'm worried as hell that i might have to start the bloody game over from the beginning. T T

anyone eles here that has ran into "the bugs of skyrim"?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i'm doing the main story and i'm up to this mission called "the cornered rat" where i have to go and speak to this guy sounds easy enough right? WRONG it's a bloody nightmare @ @

the bastard is behind a door that's MEANT TO OPEN AFTER YOU PERSUADE HIM TO OPEN IT

the bloody problem is it wont open and no matter what i do i can't get it to open, i'm worried as hell that i might have to start the bloody game over from the beginning. T T

Starting over won't fix that bug, but there is a fix that solves the problem with that guy.

Download this file and put the folder that comes with it in the data folder in the game directory: "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data"

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3510536384/sound.rar

This fixed that problem for me.

yeah it's a known bug since the game doesn't read the audio files from the .bsa files for some reason it's fixed by extracting the files directly into the data folder, dunno how console players are gonna deal with that one, unless it's Pc specific. Right now, my only gripe about this game is the companions(I'll even ignore the fact that my wife to be walked out of the temple as soon as I said "I do" and dissappeared from the game world...) Beth should've let Obsidian handle this or something, cuz they suck just as much as in fallout 3 which is a shame since the companions were very well done and had interesting stories and to some degree even influenced how you played in New Vegas,(How could I possibly join the legion after helping boone?)

In skyrim they're good for nothing other than looking hawt(lydia, Aela,Namira) being pack mules or acting as dragonbait or as a buffer between an underleveled you and a "fuck you, one shot falcon punching troll..RIP lydia. The only interesting companion in the entire game is good old Cicero.

yeah it's a known bug since the game doesn't read the audio files from the .bsa files for some reason it's fixed by extracting the files directly into the data folder, dunno how console players are gonna deal with that one, unless it's Pc specific. Right now, my only gripe about this game is the companions(I'll even ignore the fact that my wife to be walked out of the temple as soon as I said "I do" and dissappeared from the game world...) Beth should've let Obsidian handle this or something, cuz they suck just as much as in fallout 3 which is a shame since the companions were very well done and had interesting stories and to some degree even influenced how you played in New Vegas,(How could I possibly join the legion after helping boone?)

In skyrim they're good for nothing other than looking hawt(lydia, Aela,Namira) being pack mules or acting as dragonbait or as a buffer between an underleveled you and a "fuck you, one shot falcon punching troll..RIP lydia. The only interesting companion in the entire game is good old Cicero.

oh yes idl, you hit that on the head right there. Frucking follower AI is pretty shitty, the amount of times I killed lydia cause i power attacked while dual wielding, or she pushed me off a cliff...:/

Btw, on the hawtness scale i thing you forgot Mjoll, the Lioness indeed...^.^

I do think that Jz'hargo (or however you spell his bloody name) is funny, and suprisingly smart in a fight, as he (like before mentioned Mjoll and Aela) seems to like potions a lot. Or maybe thats just my game...meh.

I do not like the talent system.

Some of the fans of the old games do have their gripes about it(I did at first to) I was already accustomed to having the read up on all the stats and plan how my character would specialize from the beginning in Oblivion and Morrowind but as I got accustomed to perk system they now have, I started to prefer it more, it's more flexible and doesn't require you to think about what stat will level up which attribute, though I do miss all the stats and I'm sad that unarmed wasn't given a skill tree, the new system kinda grew on me.

I noticed a lot of people complaining about the stat system...I find no fault in it. I played Oblivion, enjoyed it but the stat system didnt allow for much freedom. Skyrim has managed to get it so the player can do what they want. Me, my first 10 levels i used shield and sword and very little archery. Now i'm using dual wield with a few spells and a lot of bow, and i wasnt badly penalised for changing. Next I could be using a two hander or magic or sneak....limitless freedom (within reason) is the best way to build an rpg.

I still think that mages are overpowered though....meh.

Now, what type of characters has everybody got?!

As to what character I've got, I''m a sexy Redguard assassin type character. The assasin's blade perk combined with the dark brotherhood gloves and Mehrunes Razor give me 30x damage on sneak attacks along with small chance to kill instantly(a bit overkill since I can pretty much one shot boss type enemies and anything short of an elder dragon). I was planning on getting my smithing level up to get dragon armor, but after getting my hands on the nightingale armor and combining with parts of the dark brotherhood armor..It can't possibly get more badass than this.

On the subject of companions, I got lydia and put everything I had in her, then just left her in whiterun until I got a house.

Now she just sits in my house with nothing to do.

Can you get multiple companions?

You need to do quests where you have to go with someone to a location, and if you never take them to that location they will always follow you, saw a video on IGN