Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so thrilled when they announced this! After 5-6 years with no word from Bethesda about a continuation of the Elder Scrolls series, I was beginning to lose hope that they had completely turned their favors on Fallout. I love Fallout… but I also love Elder Scrolls. November will be a good month this year!

This is #2 on my list of most wanted release. Oblivion for PC IS already my favorite game. Oblivion for console is ... well ... not that great really, but Oblivion for PC is the most epic thing ever thanks to countless awesome mods. I mean really it's like a game that's always getting awesome updates, and those updates are the most epic mods. Ones like Midas Magic, Unneccesary Violence, Deadly Reflex, HGEC, ALL KINDS of item mods like

weapons, clothing, and armor, and new animations. Sure with how heavily modded my Oblivion is it's almost not Oblivion, but a custom game I created. lol

I can't wait for skyrim . . . and mod the hell outta that lol.

Off Topic - #1 is Dead or Alive 5 ... even though it may never happen. I WANT IT !

• 2 weeks later...

Update: News on leveling system and dragons and... stuff!!

IGN: Skyrim is enormous : http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1162158p1.html

IGN: Bethesda Talks About Dragons:

WcLh_cJuRxo

Gamespot: Skyrim First Look Preview - Through the Fire and the Flames: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrollsvskyrim/news.html?sid=6308882&mode=previews&tag=topslot;thumb;2

Gamespot interview with Todd Howard:

4SYD5gdhHug

• 1 month later...

A huge thanks to my pals on YourGamerCards.net who found this goldmine of info

New Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim details have emerged, covering everything from wielding options to the 13 different types of ore in the game (yes, 13).

The info comes via OPM in the US, which offers some tactical info on fighting dragons; if you injure it, it won't be able to fly meaning you can fight the beast on the ground (where man is much more comfortable).

We've seen Skyrim in the flesh, so have a look at our detailed account before you read the rest, which is summarised on NeoGAF:

Three new Dragon Shouts are also described:

- "Yol Toor": Fire Breath

- "Iiz Slen": Ice Crystals

- "Strun Bah Qo": Lightning Storm

- Slow Time

- Whirlwind Spirit (quickly move in one direction)

In combat, torches are now also able to be used as a weapon. The possible dual-wielding combinations are:

- Weapon and weapon

- Weapon and shield

- Weaon and torch

- Spell and weapon

- Spell and shield*

- Spell and torch*

- Torch and shield*

- Spell and Spell

- Two-handed weapon

*These aren't mentioned, but it makes sense they'll be in, too.

The random quests generated by the game's Radiant Story-mechanic were inspired by the random encounters in Fallout 3. The people at Bethesda didn't like how 'fake' some of the quests in Oblivion felt, and hope to make the ones in Skyrim feel more 'real'.

There are 13 different types of ore to be used for your Crafting/Smithing skill. There's also an unfortunate casualty: Hand to Hand has been removed.

There are 60.000 lines of recorded dialog in the game, with a lot more voice actors than in Oblivion or Fallout 3 (for reference: Fallout 3 had 40.000 recorded lines). Three new factions are also confirmed (alongside the Dark Brotherhood):

- The Thieves Guild

- The College of Winter Hold (for Mages)

- The Companions (for Warriors)

The stories told in these faction questlines will be interwoven with one another, and with the main questline.

Each city in the world has an unique economy, which the player can sabotage, should they so desire. Cities are still patrolled by guards, but they're no longer the omniscient killing machines they were in Oblivion. Bounties the player can incur are also no longer valid throughout the land: for instance, if you kill someone in Hold A, the guards in Hold B will not arrest you for it.

As for traversing the world, you get a few options. Horses are back, and according to the article actually handle like horses this time. The fast-travel system from Morrowind returns as well, with carriages able to transport you to all the major settlements in Skyrim right from the start. Oblivion's fast-travel also returns, but only for locations you've already discovered.

There are also new screenshots described, though I haven't seen them for myself yet. These include a battle with a Draugr, a campsite near a river, a new type of fire spell, a female human character walking towards a city, a close-up of a female (possibly Imperial) warrior, a guard in Legionnaire armor and a bearded Nord in a castle, armed with a Warhammer.

Source

Did you just say hand to hand will be removed?!?!?!

Yep, it doesn't look like there's any hand to hand combat. It won't affect me too much, as I'll probably use the same skill-set as I did in the last Elder Scrolls game:

Marksman - archery is normally my main combat method

Blade - for the times when melee in unavoidable

Light Armor - able to move fast without taking huge damage

Sneak - awesome to have as an archer, plus handy for loosing pursuing enemies

Conjuration - for those awkward situations where a little help is never unwelcome

Alteration - carry more stuff when needed mainly, but the damage reduction was another handy spell.

Illusion - For those times when you really do need to charm or disappear at the drop of a hat

Didn't bother with things like Security, Speechcraft, Alchemy etc as they were easy to level up.

i cannot wait ! i wasted my whole summer as a kid playing elderscrolls 3 i found all the artifacts, explored everywhere, did nearly all the fractions inducing the morag tong that was hidden and got even more hours out of it with the GOTY. with oblivion i got the same out of it aswell but didnt stick to me like morrowind did and from the looks of skyrim i think its looking very promising for draining hours out of me =D

• 2 months later...

Here are the "starting" faces for all the different races in the game

Nord

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023134680.jpg

Orc (a little less green than before)

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023136765.jpg

Redguard

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023139075.jpg

Wood Elf

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023141133.jpg

Dark Elf

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023143136.jpg

High Elf

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023144983.jpg

Imperial

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023147685.jpg

Khajiit

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023149685.jpg

Argonian (i think that these are the most improved from the last game)

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023151748.jpg

Breton

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110824023153933.jpg

Skyrim has crafting and such with campfire, alchemy is improved.

Anyway I suck at explaining so just click on the link below if you want some more details.

complete article here : http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1191758p1.html