Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Joker

Not me, I've been burned too many times from pre-orders. Either the game is massively over-hyped, and therefore not up to par, or its a bug riddled mess (Fallout 3, New Vegas, I'm looking at you!)

Instead, I wait for the price to come down and for patches to be written. No way am I going to pay full price for a broken game. If I pay that much, I expect something that works.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preodered Skyrim for the Xbox 360, but only because i use a laptop as my main device and I don't have a decent tower. I pre-ordered from gamestop so I could be playing the game when it comes out on the 11th. I think people who bought the collectors edition wasted an epic amount of money just for some stupid plastic dragon and an art book. Not worth the 100-150 dollars they are charging for it.

I preodered Skyrim for the Xbox 360, but only because i use a laptop as my main device and I don't have a decent tower. I pre-ordered from gamestop so I could be playing the game when it comes out on the 11th. I think people who bought the collectors edition wasted an epic amount of money just for some stupid plastic dragon and an art book. Not worth the 100-150 dollars they are charging for it.

Yeah, that's the main reason I avoid Collector's Editions altogether. I can get their reasoning: to entice people to pay for a game, that in the end costs zero to distribute online, you charge for something that can't be distributed at zero cost. Still, if you do have pre-order goodies, make them good or interesting. I got the plastic batarang with my pre-order of Arkham Asylum, it amused me for all of five minutes then I got bored with it.

All that really needs to be said after watching the videos (I watched on XBLA yesterday) is as follows :amazed:

Lol I kinda agree hear, the more gameplay I see the more I think bethesda's just doing what they did with fallout 3, overhype the shit out of it and when the final product arrives, half what they promised isn't there,(dozens of endings for fallout 3 and a functional third person mode anyone?)

Hey guys, just downloaded Skyrim and am now testing it out. Check my signature and you'll see I'm using a modest gaming rig: dual core @3.2GHz with Hyperthreading, 6GB RAM and a single Radeon HD 5770. Well, I turned the settings ALL the way up in the launcher, every single one of them, and there is literally no slowdown of any kind. I'm going to test it some more, but it looks freakin' sweet!