The Game

The Joker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go, as promised! This is my first real attempt at horror, so comments appreciated

Thegamebanner.png

The Game – Chapter 1 – the Mystery Begins...

November 10th, 2007

A large crowd of people had gathered around Pleasance House. Police had cordoned of the surrounding area, and many people from the press had gathered. The wind howled fiercely, as if it was a demon was crying out of blood, while rain battered the ground heavily. A news reporter stood in front of the house, making a report on the current situation

“You join us live, outside Pleasance House, where in the early hours of the morning, a grim discovery was made. Someone was found lying on the pavement, covered in hundreds of cuts and scrapes. A search of the house has revealed another 13 corpses, although the identities of the victims, nor the injured person, have yet been made public. There is speculation that these people could be the people who vanished 10 days ago.” The camera panned off, as Iki walked under the police tap towards one of his officers. “What have we got?” he asked. The officer shook his head. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. You need to see this for yourself.” He said, heading back inside, out of the rain. Iki followed after him, and was almost sick by the sight that greeted him.

Blood ran down the walls, and a skeleton sat slumped underneath the trail. Even though the body was nothing but bones and a few scraps of clothing, the pain on the skull was clear to see. Iki walked next to the body, and crouched down next to it. “How longs this guy been here?” he asked. “Going on the huge level of decomposition, I’d say at least 50 years, maybe more.” Iki turned his head to the blood, and ran a finger down in, and gasped in surprise. “This... cannot be!” he muttered. The blood was fresh, and still warm to the touch.

“We’ve got 12 other bodies, all with fresh blood, but all of them appear to have been here for at least 50 years.” The officer said, scratching his head. Iki looked around. The only footprints in the thick dust that coated the floor appeared to belong to those of the policemen who had entered the building.

“What about the person found lying in the street?” He asked. The policemen shook his head. “Last I heard, they were undergoing treatment for shock.” Iki stood up and headed to the door, he’d seen all he needed to, or rather, could. “Let me know when they’re in a fit state to talk, I think they’re the only one who might have a clue about what the hell happened here”.

Thegamebanner.png

The Game – Chapter 2 – Deepening Mystery

Several days had passed since the discovery of the survivor and the corpses. The whole building was being watched from every side by police officers to keep the public out. No identity had yet been placed on any of the victims. The press were told that this was because the investigations were still ongoing, and that details would be released as and when they were ready to do so. The truth, however, was that no identity was able to be established. The skeletons were each over 100 years old, yet the blood was only 4 hours old, and came from different individuals. The survivors identity was still unable to be confirmed either, and was still lying in a state of shock in the hospital.

Iki was stood leaning against a tree, smoking and staring at Pleasance House across the street. Several officers sat in a nearby car, talking on the Police Radio. “That’s a bad habit” Iki heard someone say. He turned around, and nodded at the stranger who was approaching. “Yeah... but you know the saying, old habits die hard.” He said with a grin, before letting out a puff of smoke.

The stranger laughed “Yeah, I doubt a wise word has never been said.” He stopped a few paces from Iki, and looked towards the house. “Any progress?” he asked. Iki shook his head. “Still ongoing” he replied. The stranger sighed. “It’s a terrible crime... 13 lives snuffed out, just like that. How could anyone ever do something like that?”

Iki shook his head “I don't know.” The stranger glanced at him. “Well... I hope things get put to rest soon.” He said, waving his hand as he left. Iki sighed. “You and me both.” He glanced back at Pleasance house, and starred for a few seconds, before the cigarette dropped out of his mouth, and landed on the damp grass with a tap.

There, in the upstairs window, stood several figures, seemingly bashing their fists against the glass. Thunder clapped in the sky above him, and rain began to fall heavily. Iki knocked on the glass of the police car, and gestured for men inside to get out. “What’s up?” One of them asked. Iki pointed to the window “How the hell did they get inside!?” he yelled. The policemen shrugged. “Never mind, follow me!” he yelled, and the three ran across the road inside.

As they hurried up the stairs, Iki’s mind was racing, trying to work out how the hell those people got inside without anyone seeing them approaching. “The whole building’s under surveillance... how the fuck did they get in!?” he thought to himself. As they approached the landing, they saw the door was barred from the outside with a chair. Iki gestured to the other policemen to take up positions either side of the door, before he moved the chair. Trying to open the door, he found it would not budge. “Damn it!” he yelled, kicking the door straight off its hinges. As the three men ran inside, they all paled. The room was soaked in blood, and 5 skeletons stood at the window, their fists still clenched against the glass. “What...the...hell...” Iki murmured, before throwing up.