The Game

The Joker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thegamebanner.png

The Game – Chapter 3 – House of Death...

Iki sat in the police car, as rain hammered against the glass. Forensic officers were busy trying to piece together what had happened inside the Mansion. Huge crowds of the media had swarmed to the building again upon hearing of another grim discovery. “Where the hell do these guys get their information?” Iki wondered as he shivered slightly. He was still feeling sick from what he had seen inside the mansion.

As he sat there deep in thought, he didn’t notice his superior officer Samantha approaching the car. Iki almost jumped out of his skin when she knocked on the glass and signalled for him to follow her. Iki climbed out of the car and slowly walked beside her. “You still shaken?” she asked. Iki could only nod. “Well, it’s to be expected.” She said with a sigh. “Truth be told, we’ve actually had several of the forensic officers pass out from the shock before they even started work.”

As they entered the building, Iki looked around at all the activity. There were people running around everywhere trying to find clues. “Have you offered a reward again?” he asked with a sigh. Samantha giggled “hey, I can’t help it if they’re minds wander as to what the prize is” she replied adjusting her uniform slightly. As they walked through to the old kitchens, Iki started coughing. The air was thick with dust, and it was far worse than any other parts of the house that he’d been in.

Samantha carried on walking. “I need your opinion on something” she asked, ignoring Iki’s coughing fit completely. “What *cough* is that?” he replied, catching his breath. Samantha took out a key from her pocket, and opened the door to the basement, and placed the key back in her pocket. “Follow me, and you’ll see” she said simply. Iki groaned “damn woman... she never lets anything on” he thought to himself as he followed her, as the door closed, he heard it lock behind them.

The light was dim, and Iki could barely see a thing. Using his hands, he guided himself down the stairs, trying not to slip on the small thin stairs. As his eyes adjusted to the light, his eye’s widened like saucers. There was another building inside the mansion, and it looked exactly like the Pleasance House. “This... isn’t possible!” he yelled. The building had been searched top to bottom, and nothing like this had been found. Samantha nodded. “Tell me about it. I found it this morning after the bodies were found.” She opened the door, and led Iki inside.

As he looked around, everything seemed to be as the mansion would’ve looked almost 300 years ago. “How... is this possible?” he asked. Samantha shook her head. “No idea” as Samantha went to speak, Iki raised his hand. “shh... listen.” Samantha paused. Footsteps could be heard in the distance. “Is there anyone else down her Sam?” he asked, keeping his eyes on the rooms in front of him. The footsteps stopped. “Sam?” he asked. There was only silence. Gulping, he turned around slowly, and went to scream. Samantha had been impaled by a sword; it had gone straight through the middle of her skull, with the tip embedded in the floor, and the hilt resting upon her hat. Blood ran down her face, before she slowly fell to the floor. Dead

As Iki began to panic, he felt a pair of hands grab his neck, and tighten their grip. Struggling for breath, he tried desperately to get free, but the grip tightened. The fingers were cold as metal, and he could hear heavy breathing behind him. As he felt his life leaving his body, he heard someone whisper in his ear

That is not dead,

Which can eternal lie

And with strange eons

Even death may die...

• 4 weeks later...

Right, after the xmas and New Year break, I present chapter 4 of The Game!

The Game – Chapter 4 – the Pieces are gathered...

The office was littered with books and papers of almost every kind. Some were fairly new, while others were incredibly old. Pages were torn out and littered the floor and furniture, and a lone figure sat by the window, slowly rubbing their hands together while starring it of the window. Their eyes watching the droplets from the rain slide down the window, while deep in thought. “Soon...” they muttered. There was a knock on the door, and a young woman entered. “The preparations are complete master” she said with a slight blow. The figure by the window raised a hand and waved for her to leave. “As you wish...” and she slowly closed the door.

The figure bent down from his chair and picked up a single scrap of paper off the floor and started to mutter

“That is not dead,

Which can eternal lie

And with strange eons

Even death may die...”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Clare sat up quickly, her heart was racing, and sweat dripped off her brow. “That dream again...” she thought to herself. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she noticed that she wasn’t in her flat anymore, and several people were lying on the floor. “What the... who are these people?” Deciding that location was probably the least of her worries, she decided to wake someone up and see if they knew anything. As she slowly stood up, she bent down by one of the people, and gave her a gentle shake. “Hey, wake up” “mmm” The girl mumbled. “5 more minutes mum... I don’t wanna go to school!” and rolled onto her side. Clare chuckled, before shaking the girl again, this time with a bit more force. The girl groaned and slowly began to wake up. “I’m up! I’m up! I’m...” she paused, looking at Clare. There was a brief silence. “ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs, backing right up against a chair. “Who the hell are you!?” She yelled, before looking around the room, panicking. “This isn’t my house! Where the hell am I!?”

The other figures woke up in shock from the scream, and all began yelling at one another, trying to work out just how they had all ended up in this place. After a few minutes, Clare had had enough, and slammed her fist down on a nearby table, a crack appearing along the surface. Everyone was silent and starred at her. “Enough yelling at each other!” she screamed through gritted teeth. “It’s clear that no-one knows how we got here, or where here is.” Talena nodded. “I agree... lets just try and find a way out.” She said, walking towards the door. Clare sighed. “At least someone here has the right idea...” As Talena grabbed the handle, she froze. A strange feeling passed through her body, and she felt incredibly cold. “You alright?” someone asked. Talena nodded slowly, and began to pull the handle down. What happened next would catch everyone by surprise...