A Curious String of Events (working title)

Nero D. Ace

Ahh yes.... posting where I live, I knew it would bite me in the testicles one day...well...actually that won't be so bad. *ahem What I meant to say was that it was a regrettable decision...anyways, you don't want to do that Oblivia, not when the innocence..er I mean not when the lives of all these kitties are at stake?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

invertbanner.png

Anti-Chapter 2 : Clean It Up ... Again

“Now who do we have to kill?”, Bolzz said sighingly. This killing business was going way out of hand.

“I told you.” Stuy replied. “We may or may not have to kill her. It all depends on what she knows.”

They were making their way down to the Art department.

“With all these killings going on, why don't we just nuke the whole goddamn place?”. Boltzz said exasperated.

“We're out of nukes. Gonna buy some tomorrow.”, Stuy said.

“I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.”

They knocked on the door of the Art room. Poetic would be there as well.

“Yes,”, Poetic said as she opened the door. “Oh, it's little Stuy and Boltzz. You need to improve your drawings, Boltzz. They look like they were drawn by a 10-year old.”

“Yes, ma'm. I'll make a note of it. Is Shazi inside?”, Boltzz said.

“She is, but she's not feeling well.”, Poetic said. “If any teacher asks for her, just tell them that she witnessed the INCIDENT.”

Boltzz sighed. She knew. So, she had to go.

He shot a look at Stuy saying, Should you do it or should I?

Stuy tasered Poetic, knocking her out instantly. She fell with a loud noise and Stuy quickly hid her under the table.

A few moments later, Shazi emerged from the bath-room.

“What was that noise, and where's Miss Poetic, and ...”, she said. “Are you joining the baseball team, Boltzz?”

WHACCKKKK!

“I could if I wanted to, you know.”, he said to Stuy.

“Yeah right. Fat chance you would have.” Stuy said as he got to work on Shazi.

“Come on man, that was an excellent swing. It knocked her right out.”

“Allright.”, Stuy said. “Here's the scenario. Poetic strangles Shazi. Shazi stabs Poetic. They both die. How does that sound?”

“Crappy”, Boltzz replied. “But, it'll have to do.”

“It's a good thing we don't have to clean up THIS mess.”, Boltzz said as they left the room.

“Yeah”, Stuy nodded. “That's what the noobies are for. The new guy will handle it. I've had enough for the day.”

--------------------------------

They were sitting in the cafeteria, drinking coffee when Idl appeared all excited.

“Did you do the job?”, Stuy asked, not looking up from his paper.

“Sure I did.”, Idl replied, a grin on his face. “The first one was mightyy better though.”

“First one?”, Stuy looked up. “What first one?”

Boltzz looked at him guiltily. “Well ... I sorta ... gave the job of disposing the body of Razordan to him.”

Stuy sighed. “Well, did you?”

“Did I what?”, Idl asked.

“GET RID OF THE GODDAMNED BODY!”, Stuy hissed.

“Oh yeah. I did. I did.”, Idl nodded enthusiastically, a mischievous look on his face.

“What did you do with it?”, Boltzz asked uncertainly.

“Well, I took it to the incinerator and threw it in, but I did a few ... experiments first.”

“EXPERIMENTS?”, Stuy said skeptically.

“Yeah and ... ha ... she didn't even ... hehehe”, Idl burst into laughter.

“What did you do, Idl?”, Boltzz asked impatiently.

“I ... I took a razor and cut off his balls and I ... and I grinded them until all the liquid came out and I ...”, Idl started laughing uncontrollably. “Put em in Mae's water-bottle.”

Stuy turned green, as did Boltzz.

“I've done some nasty things, but this makes even me wanna puke.”, Stuy said.

“Way ahead of you.”, Boltzz said as he rushed to the bath-room.

Anyways, Stuy thought. Now only that meddlesome Indy remains. I wish they would give us the GO-AHEAD to kill him already. Why is it taking so god-damn long????

I had best tell Shade to get in position, just in case.

banner.png

Chapter 9 : Third Time's The Charm

Indy woke ... and swore.

GODDAMMIT! MOTHER F*****! SONOVA ... and so on and so forth.

After a few moments, he was able to calm himself down.

Bastard! Ass-Hole! Dick-Face ...

Well, almost calm himself down.

After bringing his swearing down to “stupid” and “idiot”, he relaxed and evaluated the situation.

Am i dead ... again? This is getting ridiculous, dude. How many times do I have to go through this.

He clutched his forehead.

It HURTS every-frigging-time.

He looked around himself.

Yup, dark as usual. Would it really KILL them to put a few light-bulbs around here?

Now that's an interesting thought ... can these death guys really die?

Well, Roger there is proof of it, right?

He stumbled around till his foot hit the “hamster”. He waited for his eyes to focus, then nodded.

Yeah. Dead allright. Bones sticking out of everywhere and all ...

“Ahem Ahem. I'd appreciate it if you would remove your foot from my ear. It's highly embarassing.

Indy almost jumped out of his skin. His heart stopped for a few moments, or at least that's what he felt.

“WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE SNEEKING UP ON EACH OTHER? A HEAD'S UP WOULDN'T KILL YOU, YOU KNOW? Wait a minute ...”

There are OTHER people here.

“Uhhh ... no. Just me, I'm afraid.”, the voice said and Indy instantly placed it.

“Ro ... Roger?”, he stammered. “You're alive?”

The hamster appeared in front of him, a frown on it's face. (HAMSTER'S KNOW HOW TO FROWN????)

“My name is not Roger. I was named Vladiusmanakazura upon my conceivement and yes, thanks to your utterly stupid move, I am classified as what you humans call dead.”

“I think I'll stick with Roger.”, Indy replied, dumbfounded. “Wait a sec. You're dead, then how are you here?”

“You've severely damaged my body, so I've come in spirit form to make a very ... humble request of you.” Roger said nervously.

Indy raised an eyebrow. “And what would that be?”

“Well ... could you ... um ... find it in your heart and consciense to open that door over there and move on to the next world?”, Roger pointed at a door.

Indy stood there, gaping.

THERE'S A FRIGGING DOOR??????? HOW COULD I NOT SEE THAT?

“ ... so if you wouldn't mind, could you hurry up and ...”, Roger was continuing.

“Outta my way, hamster.”, Indy moved through him. It was nice and cool. “I still got some payback to deliver.”

“PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE???”, Roger was begging now.

“Maybe next time.”, Indy said as he knocked his head against the door, fainting.

----------------------------------------

A few hours ago ...

Rival looked out the apartment window and saw a police vehicle close in.

“They're here.”, he hissed at Vesh, who was on guard at the opposite window.

Vesh nodded.

10 minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

“Excuse me, is this the residence of P.I. Vesh. We're detectives with the local poilce station and would like to ask some questions.”

Vesh nodded at Rival to open the door.

“Sorry to be a bother,”, a guy in a suit stepped in. “I'm Detective Red. This is my partner, Detective Perscom. We would like to know about a certain incident at the Kametsu High School last night.”

“Why do you think I would know anything about that?”, Vesh said. “I ain't married. I got no kids. Why would I be interested in a goddamn school.”

“THAT'S RIGHT. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT QUESTIONING MR. VESH!”, Rival shouted at them.

“Just who might you be?”, Perscom asked. “We have no records of anyone living with Vesh.”

“He's my assistant.”, Vesh said. “I am a P.I. after all. I need assistants to help me out.”

Red closed in.

“Listen, we know that you were hired to keep an eye on a student there, some kid named Indy. That's none of our business, until someone get's killed. Guess what ...

SOME ONE GOT FUCKING KILLED!!!!

so stop playing with me Vesh ... or should i say ... Sensui.” Red smiled.

Vesh looked up in surprise.

Behind him, Perscom chuckled as well. “That's right. We know all about your REAL identity, who you were and more importantly ... what you did ...”

Those were the last words Perscom spoke. At that very instant. Rival appeared from the bath-room, shotgun in hand and blowed Perscom's head off, leaving a head-less body to fall to the ground.

Red reacted instantly and took out his handgun, but Vesh was on the move as well.

He leapt from his chair and grabbed Red's neck, stopping the blood flow to his brain. Then, in one swift motion ...

CRRACKKKK!

Red fell as well, dead due to a broken neck.

“You scratched your shirt.”, Rival pointed as he dragged the bodies of the dead detectives.

Vesh looked at his arm where the bullet had grazed him. Through the gap, it could clearly be seen ... a tattoo of a hawk, with a rat in it's mouth.

He would have to report in the deaths of the two cops now.

More work.

oooooooooooooooooooohhh

NICE

um one question

ARE ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY CRAZY SONS OF DIGITS?

I mean seriously this is like Baccano all over again

Pretty much every second character is a psychotic killer or crazy in some way

Oh yeah and HAHAHAHAHA take that persocom Shotgun to the face.

to the FACE.

nah just kidding.

although going with how this story has been so far it probably won't work out to well for me in the end either.

It's not the usual way of using a door but I spose

if it works

why not?

ME...DRINKING BALL JUICE!!!....Punner... I am so gonna make a story about my torturing YOU!!!!! It will take place over YEARS! you will so NOT be recognizable when I am done ^.^

punner, i told you, grinding testicles is BAD. But it turns out drinking testicle cocktail is even worse, see what you did to poor Tal!

ME...DRINKING BALL JUICE!!!....Punner... I am so gonna make a story about my torturing YOU!!!!! It will take place over YEARS! you will so NOT be recognizable when I am done ^.^

YIKES! maybe it wasn't a good idea putting that part in after all.

it was his idea *points at Shade*

and i'll be back in a couple of decades.

*packs and leaves*:D

banner.png

Chapter 10 : Here We Go Again

Indy felt it return to him again. The feeling that he was gaining his strength. The feeling that he was on top of the world. The feeling that he was unstoppable!

Indy opened his eyes and saw Mae throwing a hammer at him!

WT...

Indy quickly rolled out of the way, and Random made his appearance.

“Hi guys, what's going o ...”

BAM!

The hammer struck Random right in the stomach.

“What was ... that ... for?”, he said weakly before falling.

This is certainly familiar.

“SHE did it.”, Indy said following his cue. “But more on that later, we need to get you to the hospital wing.”

--------------------------

“Tell it to me straight doc” Random said. “How long have I left?”

If i'm back in this scenario, then I have a good chance of getting those bastards before anyone get's killed.

Empathy removed the stethoscope and sighed. “I told you, knucklehead. You're gonna be fine. You may not have kids but ...”

Shade. You goddamned bastard. I'm gonna get you for this. But not before I make you squeal.

“WHAT!!!!!!!!!”, Random screamed. “Say it isn't true! Tell me it's a lie.”

Indy snapped out of his thoughts and delivered his line. “She's just kidding, Random”

They left the hospital wing and headed towards the first class of the day, Advanced Literature. There they met up with Nellawin.

“How's it going, Nella.” Random piped. “You finished that manga you were writing yet?”

Nella laughed. “Not yet, i'm afraid. I'm still working on it but I got the cover page ready.”

“And it'll make a fine addition to our manga club,” said Shade, suddenly appearing behind Indy.

Indy turned around and looked his murderer dead in the eye. He smiled.

“Hello, Shade. How's it going?”

“Not too good. I had something bad to eat last night and ...”

Look at him. He's about to kill me and he's not even a bit remorseful.

Well, this time, he thought as they took their seats. I'm prepared for you, Shade.

THIS time, i WILL win.

banner.png

Chapter 11 : Baiting the Hunter

Throughout the entire class, only one thought went through Indy's mind:-

How do I “trap” Shade? I need for him to confess, then I can interrogate him with absolutely nothing on my conscience.

He glanced at Shade. He was acting as normal as usual – hiding a manga behind his text-book, doodling on the table.

More importantly, WHY? Why did he choose to betray me?

---------------------------

After class, Indy cornered Random.

“Listen Random, i need you to go and gather Oby, Koby, Kazu, Razordan and Shazi to the abandoned room on the fifth floor during lunch break.”

“O ... Oby? Are you fricking crazy, man? She'll kill me if I wake her up after last night's hangover. NO WAY! DO IT YOURSELF!”

“I'll take you to McDonalds after school. My treat.”

“Sure thing buddy. I'll gather everyone. Don't you worry a thing.”, Random said and took off.

Indy grinned.

Always go for the weak spot.

Wait a sec ... weak spot. What's Shade's weak spot, I wonder?

During the next classes, Indy tailed Shade extensively. On the surface, nothing appeared to be wrong, but as he watched longer, it became apparent that Shade was losing his character from time to time.

His eyes that changed when the seniors called him a manga wuss.

His walk that sometimes became methodical.

His arms that would occasionally swing in a military fashion.

Was he lying from the start? About everything?

It doesn't matter. He's still going down.

---------------------------

“Okay Indy, just what the hell is so goddammed important?”, Koby said, slightly annoyed.

“Yeah and why'd you have to wake me up ...” Oby yawned.

“Just had to throw that lamp ...”, Random grumbled, holding a steak to the side of his face.

Kazu and Razor were chatting in the side about the newest Kingdom Hearts game ... and Shazi was ... reading a book! A physics book!

“Shazi,” Indy said. “We don't have physics class today.”

Shazi stared blankly. “We don't?”

“No Shaz, we don't.”, Random muttered. “And you would bloody know that if you weren't suck a nerd.” he added quietly.

A minute later, he was holding the steak on both sides of his face.

“Women, i tell you ...”, he muttered.

“ALLRIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH!”, Koby said. “What is all of this about? Are you gonna explain where the hell you went last night when Mae was making her speech.”

Indy tried to remember. The events were a bit foggy, but he was certain it had something to do with killing a cat.

It was time to use his absence to his advantage.

“Actually guys,” he feigned seriousness. “I was following Shade”

“Shade?”, Random asked, confused.

“Come to think of it, I don't remember him being there, either.”, Kazu said.

THANK YOU, KAZU! ... THAT'LL LEND CREDENCE TO MY TALE.

“Yes,” Indy continued. “That's because he was hiding a body.”

The room went silent, then exploded.

“WHADDYA MEAN 'HIDING A BODY'!”, Razordan yelled.

“SHADE WOULDN'T KILL ANYONE!”, Random joined.

And so on and so forth ...

After the chaos calmed down a bit, Indy said apolegetically. “Sorry guys, but it's true. Shade ... is a murderer. We need to help him confess to the police. That's why I wanna get him alone for a few seconds. To make his see sense.”

Koby was the first to speak. “Allright then. We SHOULD help Shade. He is our friend after all.”

“I agree.”, Kazu said. And the others agreed as well.

And ... Thank You, Koby. Just like a bunch of sheep, they'll follow Koby's orders to the end. Maybe I should consider becoming the captain of the basketball team as well. The position offers high power ...

Nah. Too much of a bother.

“Awesome guys. So ...”, he leaned in and took out a piece of paper. “Here's the plan.”