A Curious String of Events (working title)

Nero D. Ace

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57270cf508.png

Chapter 5 : Dead ... Again?

Ahhh!! My head hurts! , Indy thought as he woke up in the dark room again. So it wasn't a dream after all!!!

Wait a minute, more importantly : SOMEONE MURDERED ME! That is not right. Who could possibly wanna kill me?

Indy started making a list and stopped at the 455th name.

Okay. So it seems a lotta people want me dead ... THAT'S STILL NO FRIGGING REASON TO KILL ME GODDAMMIT!!!!!!

It was at that point that Indy remembered about his “death”. He turned around slowly.

“Uh ... Roger?”

Indy didn't know why he started calling it by that name. He had had a pet mouse by the name of Roger once so ...

“You still ... um, alive, Roger?”, Indy mumbled as he struggled to see the hamster-beast.

He moved through the highly dark place, struggling not to trip over and fall.

“Stupid ... ungh ... deaths. All these years and you'd think they'd have a better lighting system ... you'd think they'd put up a few banners : “CONGRATULATION! YOU'RE DEAD!” or something like that ... you'd think they would gIVE YOU A BETTER FRICKING SPIRITUAL GUIDE THAN A BLOODY HAMSTE ............ ACK!!!!”

He tripped over the being, or rather what was left of the being. It's face was completely unrecognizable. The ground beneath it's head was soaked in blood. Something that looked like a bone was peeping out of it's right eye.

“EW!”, Indy said and threw up all over the thing.

“I just puked on death ... literally.”, he tried to lighten his mood.

So now what?

It was at that point that his other personality appeared.

WHADDYA MEAN “WHAT NOW?”. YOU JUST KILLED DEATH> GO AND FIND YOUR FRIGGING KILLER!

Shut up, i'm trying to think.

WHAT'S THERE TO THINK ABOUT? SOME ONE KILLED YOU. YOU'VE GOT THE CHANCE TO FIND OUT WHO. GRAB IT.

You make a valid point there. I should go and find that bastard who threw that flower-pot.

Indy remembered back to the last time he had been there.

I think i had fallen asleep and then woken up back to when the day began. Wait a second, i could just skip school. Then, i wouldn't die. Yeah, that's a great idea.

Indy waited for half an hour or so ...

How do I fall asleep again? I'm not getting a bit tired.

Another half-hour later.

AH! this is taking too long. When am i gonna feel sleepy?

2 hours later.

ALLRIGHT, THAT'S IT!!! TIME FOR DRASTIC MEASURES!!!

With that thought he ran at full speed and somer-saulted, failing and landed his head on the floor, falling unconscious.

----------------------

Indy felt life returning to his muscles. He was feeling stronger now ... and in a lot of pain.

“Mae”, Koby said sternly. “You can't go around hitting people with a hammer all day. As for you, Indy” he looked at Indy. “You have some explaining to do. Tell me about it in the gym today. Classes are about to start.”

W ... T ... F!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS is where i wake up? Great, that's like saying my death is sealed.

Razordan came over to him.

“You allright there, Indy?”

“Yeah man. I'm fine. Just Mae with her stupid hammer again.”

He got up. It was time to bring in an ally.

“Listen, Raz. Some one is trying to kill me. Could you do me a favour and ask the principal to let ma take a leave of absence today?”

Raz raised an eyebrow, saying Uh huh. You're nuts.

Indy sighed. “Look, just do it. I gotta get to the hospital wing.”

“Whatever man.”, Razordan took off.

----------------------

Dammit! Has Mae been working out as well?

He had gotten a large bruise on his stomach, but nothing serious ... except for a mind-boggling pain, nothing serious at all.

I'm gonna get back at her for this ... somehow.

“ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!” Shazi came running and knocked Indy over. “THERE'S BLOOD IN THE STUDENT LOUNGE!!!!!”

“Shazi, it's nothing. It's probably paint blood for tomorrow's play.”

“INDY!!”, said Shazi, noticing Indy. “GET OVER HERE!!!”

she grabbed Indy and dragged him all the way to the student's lounge.

After seeing it, Indy felt like throwing up again.

There on the wall, written in blood was “DON'T MESS WITH US” and just beneath in was an arrow (also in blood) pointing at the torn head of Razordan.

Behind him, Indy heard the sound of Shazi puking.

Seriously, WTF IS GOING ON???

57270cf508.png

Chapter 6 : The Investigation

Indy sat alongside Shazi, clearly shook up after what he had seen. They had been taken to the teacher's conference room after several teachers had come running after hearing Shazi's scream. Indy had taken a seat at the conference table and was trying to gather his thoughts.

Why had Razor been murdered? Was it because he knew too much? Because he had gone to the principal's office?

They had been waiting for close to 15 minutes when the door opened:-

Two men in overcoats came over to them and sat opposite them.

“Hello”, the taller one said. “I'm detective Red. This is my partner – detective Perscom.” he pointed at the other man. “We heard you were first at the scene of murder. Can we ask you some questions?”

Indy nodded.

I need to find the killer quickly. Let these bozos do what they want.

“Okay then. Miss Shazichan, what made you go to the conference room?”

“I was ... looking for Miss Poetic, ... the art teacher and ... i went in and” Shazi burst into tears.

Red turned his attention to Indy. “Did you have contact with Mr. Razordan this morning?”

Indy froze. Should he tell them about it?

No, it was too risky. What if these guys are connected as well?

“No. First i saw him today was with his head cut off.”, he replied.

“You're awfully calm after such a traumatizing event.” Red said frowningly.

Indy shrugged.

“Yeah well, he's dead, isn't he? No use crying over spilt milk.”

Red looked at Indy intently, as if trying to read his mind. After a while,

“Very well, Indy. This matter should not be leaked to the students. Only the staff and the police are to know. Classes will continue as scheduled and you are to make ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of it.”

Indy nodded.

“Of course, sir. As you wish.”

Prick.

Red left the room and Perscom followed. Before closing the door behind him, he looked at Indy with a mischievous smile.

“It's not nice to lie, you know. Might suspicious, it looks.”

with those words, he closed the door.

Indy sat there dumbstruck. Why was this happening to him?

-----------------------

“Shazi dear. Are you allright?”, Poetic was waiting outside.

“Miss poetic, they ... he ... Razor ...”, Shazi was still sobbing.

“There there. It's allright now.”, Poetic hugged Shazi.

Indy moved on. There was someone he needed to find, namely that killer. And he knew just the person to ask for help.

Indy walked up to her dorm room and knocked, praying she was in a good mood.

She wasn't.

“WHO THE HELL IS IT????? I'M NOT COMING, AND THAT'S THAT! BUGGER OFF!!!”, came a voice from inside.

Indy took a deep breath and opened the door.

“Listen, Oby. I need some help and ...”

CRASSH!!!!!

a lamp came and hit Indy dead on the nose.

Oblivia came out, fire in her eyes.

Maybe i shoulda just stayed dead.