Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

Homosexuality existed before Christianity. This is true. In ancient Rome, there was no distinction made between various sexualities.

Religion is not Christianity. Christianity is A religion. Or rather, a group of them.

the Separation of Church and state dictates that we cannot have a state religion. Which means, we shouldn't have laws based on any single religion's belief system. Laws that fit with all of them, those are acceptable. Most religions agree on the basics, no killing, no rape, no theft. But the views on homosexuals are very diverse. Thus, we should just ignore religion in this regard, and follow what the constitution dictates.. and that is, that all must be treated equal under the law. Thus, because some states allow same sex marriage, all same sex marriages must be recognized by the federal government. Otherwise, you have one set of legally married couples who are treated better under the law than another.

• Like 3

Yeah I studied Ancient Rome and they were all VERY open about their sexuality, boys, girls, animals, anything they could get at really and it wasn't just them. If you go back even furthur it pops up all over the place, Romans had their own religion too and it sure as hell wasnt christianity or anything like that. They had gods, many of which even themselves had sex with the same gender. So my thoughts on it are still the same, Religion is fucked and they have no right to govern what you're entitled to do and people uniting under one banner will never happen unless aliens invade and we're forced to do it or something.

• Like 1

your statement is inacurate

religion will always be here till the day humanity unites under 1 banner  will that ever happen  >> prob not 

but  it may also be true that  same sex  marriage will not always be here   no one can say with certainity that some things will or will not be   here or changed 

first off no its not... EDITED :)

second yes religion will be but did you know that only 2 religons truely have a problum with gayz and both of them stem off of dictators taking over and wanting cotrol

third yes it will be but im not fixin to go all science has proven this and the brain shows that and UK i know more then you when it comes to humans >> nothing wich i can state on here so .....

my point is its still there and will always be there. hell mute's pointed out romans, wich is what everyone points out, but how about vikins and other worriors they used men in battle because there were no women and to creat unity and to cope with war times, and hell monks who are known as not having sex actually use to have a practice of have boys trained to be sexual slaves to the monks. What truely gets me though is that christians now adays see the bible as saying homosexuality as wrong yet it wasnt untill the 12th centery that adelphopoiesis was considered no longer acceptable.

Edited by An IP BreAKDoWN
Removed disrepectful remarks

First of all, I really hope religion won't be around forever. Morals are built into humans through their upbringing, not their religion. It's not like huge Wars will break out if religion suddenly disappears.

That's besides the point. Personally I think Human Rights, at it's base, should be completely equal. And not having a religion, or having a different religion than someone else doesn't make you any less human, so it's ridiculous that people have less rights for not conforming. Just because someone is gay, doesn't mean they should have less rights than the next person.

Haha, this is kind of turning into a religion thread.

• Like 1

Yeah, I understand that, ahah. Just before it was more so talks about Marriages and Unions, and how / what the government can do to keep everyone happy.

Its not a bad thing talking about the religious side of things. I just find that when it comes to religion neither side really backs down. Though, I understand that it's a key factor on the subject. *shrugs*

• Like 1

lol what did you think it would turn into i mean the bigest debate agains gay rights is religon based kinda odviouse it would be the key point in this thread

It may be the biggest point but it isnt the only reason for this, religious or not some people just think that this is disgusting and shouldnt be done, that's to be discussed here also

second yes religion will be but did you know that only 2 religons truely have a problum with gayz and both of them stem off of dictators taking over and wanting cotrol

third yes it will be but im not fixin to go all science has proven this and the brain shows that and UK i know more then you when it comes to humans >> nothing wich i can state on here so .....

Could you please share more information on both of these statements.

Which are the two dictator run religions you are referring to?

If your vast knowledge of humanity can't be shared here, there is an 18 and older section you could use. I'm always up to learning more about humanity, it's such an interesting species.

I have no real problem with the gay community, and still stand by my two previous post. This problem, however, will not go away until the government (supreme court) decides what the definition of marriage in this country is. This is entirely a government problem, religious groups have the right to protect their religious beliefs. It's the government that was too stupid and lazy to not maintain it's own self appointed distance from religious faiths. They are the only ones that can fix this problem now.

Standing up and hating on a religion because you've decided it's stupid and/or pointless will accomplish absolutely nothing. It's no different than the more violent wings of the civil rights movement, all you do is weaken your own position. Peace, tolerance, and understanding are the only way communities can ever move forward. This is something the extremes on both sides need to learn.

whos hating religion 

i agree that it can only be fixed by the dam goverment   since its largely and mostly   the one thats preventing it

u also have to think how will ppl react  u already have  protesters  and what not going around     would there decision lead to violence or  will it not     ppl do stupid thigns for causes they find worthy

and nikki model lmao

Edited by Dark-hunter

i forgot all the facts regarding the dictors in question but they have been covered in depth in history documentaries  but its the two branches of the Abrahamic religion

and to be honest those religions have both been proven to be a compilations of the dictators likes form other religions such various pagan and mythological religions

and when i say dictator ran i mean that each religion is ran by a book and that book was created by a men >>

as for the second nope i will not elaborate on it srry

All right, lest we forget the rules of engagement:

• Debate issues, not individuals of the forum
  • ​Getting heated is fine; attacking others is not
  • Inflammatory messages or attempts to derail the debate will be removed
  • Back up your claims, explain your reasoning

If we get any more reports of people using derogatory language towards another user, action will be taken. Consider this a verbal warning.

• Like 1

I have studied the pagan religion quite thoroughly and was one for quite some time along with several others, I will admit Christianity does draw from it in some aspects but for the most part they are very different, almost opposite in some parts and others don't exist at all within Christianity, depending on which type of pagan you are in fact referring to.

@Sammie. This is no verbal attack but you mentioned knowing more about humans but could not share it here, I have to say I doubt this highly as you didn't elaborate on it in anyway and if you wish to discuss religion you'd think that depth of knowledge you claim you have would come into your arguments.

On the matter of this I'd like to switch us to the other side of this and speak about how people who have no faith react to this. I recently spoke to several people about this and almost all bar myself and one other found it to be quite foul because of their views on homosexuality, their narrow mindedness was terrible and one even stated "You can only love the right thing, not the wrong". I instantly questioned this but as narrow minded people are I couldn't sway the way they felt about it. Has anyone else met or known of people like this that are close to them?

i forgot all the facts regarding the dictors in question but they have been covered in depth in history documentaries  but its the two branches of the Abrahamic religion

and to be honest those religions have both been proven to be a compilations of the dictators likes form other religions such various pagan and mythological religions

and when i say dictator ran i mean that each religion is ran by a book and that book was created by a men >>

There are more than two branches to the Abrahamic religions. At least two of those branches are further separated into sub religions that follow their religious books in different ways.

I also don't see how a book could be considered a dictator. They are objects that are only given the powers we allow them to have. I guess I understand what you are trying to say, but your previous statements were inaccurate.  

whos hating religion 

i agree that it can only be fixed by the dam goverment   since its largely and mostly   the one thats preventing it

u also have to think how will ppl react  u already have  protesters  and what not going around     would there decision lead to violence or  will it not     ppl do stupid thigns for causes they find worthy

and nikki model lmao

What my last statement means is that you can't fight intolerance with intolerance. I was trying to say that railing against a religion because they don't see things your way, isn't going to change anything. Their pride will kick in and they will only fight against you harder than ever before. If you want to get anywhere you have to take a similar approach to MLK or Ghandhi. You have to make them the guilty party, it's the only way to deplete their support. 

Almost every fight has three sides. The two extremes that refuse to tolerate each other, and everyone else in the middle. The side that wins is the one that gets the most people from the middle. 

Could you possibly clarify what "nikki model" is suppose to mean, I know not this reference.

• Like 2

@L4ugh

im not saying the book is the dictator im saying the ones who controlled the release and the mandatory follow of the book is i swear if i remember the documentary i watched i will tell you so you know what im talking about so i dont have to keep explaining myself which is most tiresome

and as for more them 2 branches there are two branches that have many sub branches and im not going to argue this point because one i dont care and two its not the point of this thread

and "nikki model" was a reference to me meaning he meant for me to read it and lmfao

@emotional outlet

also i apologize EO for comment i didnt mean it as anything it was meant for darky and i know he wasnt upset but i understand and it shall not happen agin

There are more than two branches to the Abrahamic religions. At least two of those branches are further separated into sub religions that follow their religious books in different ways.

I also don't see how a book could be considered a dictator. They are objects that are only given the powers we allow them to have. I guess I understand what you are trying to say, but your previous statements were inaccurate.  

whos hating religion 

i agree that it can only be fixed by the dam goverment   since its largely and mostly   the one thats preventing it

u also have to think how will ppl react  u already have  protesters  and what not going around     would there decision lead to violence or  will it not     ppl do stupid thigns for causes they find worthy

and nikki model lmao

What my last statement means is that you can't fight intolerance with intolerance. I was trying to say that railing against a religion because they don't see things your way, isn't going to change anything. Their pride will kick in and they will only fight against you harder than ever before. If you want to get anywhere you have to take a similar approach to MLK or Ghandhi. You have to make them the guilty party, it's the only way to deplete their support. 

Almost every fight has three sides. The two extremes that refuse to tolerate each other, and everyone else in the middle. The side that wins is the one that gets the most people from the middle. 

Could you possibly clarify what "nikki model" is suppose to mean, I know not this reference.

lols good to know  i didn't want to assume what u meant by hating religion i do agree with part of your saying  though

Dictators in religion... Two words. The Pope.

Rules over the entire main body catholic church from his fortress of solitude where the church makes all of the laws, and he can do whatever he wants there.

Words against homosexuality only exist in the Old testament. And any honest priest will tell you that, the prohibition against it there was due to the fact that they needed more sons to fight wars, and daughters to produce sons.

• Like 1

I won't debate religion, as faith is not logical.

Instead, I will simply ask one question...

Is anyone hurt by allowing equal rights for homosexuals?

The answer, if you're honest, and not a member of the "Because I think it's icky" crowd, is no. 

No one is looking for special rights so they can %^&* in public, or marry 50 people, or any of the other ridiculous "slippery slope" arguments that people come up with.