We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

I know this has not been updated to v4.x yet, but I would buy it for you when it is!!!!!

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5166-ignore-topics/

I would LOVE to be able to ignore threads that I have no interest in, like the pokemon and yu-gi-oh ones.  No offense, just my taste and I am sure others would like the same opportunities.

I can never figure out why the ones I have to scroll thru each day and have the most posts are the ones I want to ignore the most.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Kimiko said:

I'm waiting till Koby can fix this before i post anything new. The pics in my threads are to big, a single space is now four spaces.

Nothing to fix there. The images are resized to fit within the post template without stretching; instead of just re-sizing to a specifically set width as we had previously set. I have not found any possible setting to do that either. If you find that your images are too big, perhaps you should resize them on the host side of things. Imgur has the ability to crop and resize when you upload.

Space is four? Nope. Space is still space. Though I assume you're talking about Enter and not Space; which actually now starts a new paragraph instead of a new line. Again not something broken. It just works differently. If you want a new line instead of a new paragraph then you use shift+enter.

48 minutes ago, Smileyyakadoo said:

1st time using ckeditor, where to I put the extracted file after downloading?

What are you downloading?

If you're talking about CKEditor plugins, those are something I have to install on the community.

• Like 2

All Activity Stream is now fixed. Apparently one of our database tables had crashed which resulted in it not working.

Also added a 'All Status Updates' activity stream for those that want to view all status updates instead of just the last 5 displayed on the sidebar block.

• Like 1

You seem to be having a hard time with people and the new system! (I'm Glad this happened)

Just asking as someone who is about to do the same to his own site, How much do you regret the update?  :big_smile:

Well I don't have much people yet, My site is not open to public just a few number of friends! But dealing with new systems is what I'm afraid of.

Edited by aliqandil

10 minutes ago, aliqandil said:

You seem to be having a hard time with people and the new system! (I'm Glad this happened)

Just asking as someone who is about to do the same to his own site, How much do you regret the update?  :big_smile:

Well I don't have much people yet, My site is not open to public just a few number of friends! But dealing with new systems is what I'm afraid of.

Eh I've gotten use to expecting as such. It's human nature to not like change. Most of the complaints have been about the theme which is to be expected, almost no one enjoys IPS default theme. The other complaints have mostly been about old features that have moved or changed and the users not being able to locate them. The biggest issue is the change in editors and the removal of bb code. When we converted from vB to IPB years back, the editor change was one of the biggest issues as well. Change takes time to get used to. Once people familiarize themselves with the new system and learn where the features they want are then things will begin to shine. Especially once we polish things off with some custom and pre-made templates.

One big thing to note is we jumped the gun and upgraded as soon as 4.1 was released; so themes and hooks haven't been upgraded by the 3rd party developers. Hence why it's taking so long. In hindsight I should have installed 4.1 as a test install and worked on custom themes and waited for stuff to come out before doing the upgrade; but we'd been waiting for a long time and I wanted to introduce something new so I jumped on it.

1 minute ago, Hark0n said:

I can't be sure due to white background, but it appears that transparency in avatar pictures does not work any more. I understand that there are not many users who used this, but it would be nice to still have this option.

Transparent avatars still work. It seems to be theme related however that the default theme adds a white background to the avatar div via css. In my custom theme this has been noted and will be changed.

• Like 2

To be honest, once the themes are done and the look is sorted, I will be perfectly happy as this already feels much speedier than before, however with change always comes certain hurdles to achieving the same aesthetic as before..

If it is possible I would really love to see the return of:

1.) BOTM Kametsu Title as before, (Loved this!)

2.) That slight middle 'sheen' on the colour strips above main element boxes (i.e Shinra Headquaters, Then inside topics too etc)  accompanied by the cool grey transparent anime pic against black backdrop below it.

3.) The complete avoidance of 'digg' style blue, white and grey in futere themes lol

4.) A Theme based on the old Black MESH Theme (especially the awesome mesh bars on the sides of the site) i.e black, dark grey and lightning blue (with sheen)

5.) NON-Transparent topic boxes please... other stuff go for it :D

6.) The return of 'Click to Show More' at the bottom of forum areas such as Dubbed, Dual Audio etc

I have a feeling most people will agree, but as I said in the beginning it does take time to adjust and I hope it all goes smoothly Koby, and that my suggestions helped somewhat!

Great Work So far! :byebye:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alice said:

I just want to do a status update and can't find it.  I need it to announce when voting is ready...like now...and when entries are are ready to be taken.  :(((

MY EYES!!!!!

Try clicking the "Create" button in the upper right corner and select "Status"?
I only add a question mark because I'm not positive, but this seems like the place to post a new status. -shrug-

• Nekone locked this topic