We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

1 hour ago, RhyZe UK said:

Its hard to explain without looking at the old site them (I still have an old icon picture) but basically the titles such as 'Shinra Headquaters' had a blue stripe, and in the middle of that stripe was a bright 'point' hence why I used the term 'sheen' to describe it i.e Birightness, radiance or adjective: shining.. :D

Below that was also a small banner grey anime pic i think...

Kametsu_sheen_zpsr65mkks7.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Once you've seen it, the bold goes away. Also the notification icon looses it's status of saying you have new notifications.

As far as deleting them, I think it has indeed removed a users ability to delete them, however it is configured to remove them on it's own after so many days/weeks.

Actually, the bold does not go away. At least not for me. Except for the notification that you quoted me.

Maybe I should add that I'm talking about http://kametsu.com/index.php?/notifications/ because for that little bell symbol everything seems to work like you said.

1 hour ago, Tamai said:

Actually, the bold does not go away. At least not for me. Except for the notification that you quoted me.

Maybe I should add that I'm talking about http://kametsu.com/index.php?/notifications/ because for that little bell symbol everything seems to work like you said.

Strange. If you've seen it, then the bold should go away on that page too..

• Like 1

I've halted development on my own custom theme in favor of developing my own custom framework in which my custom designs will be made from. The reason for this is that it'll make creating new themes a lot easier and a lot faster on my part and allow me a much better work environment to do so.

If anyone has any queries on possible custom design schemes or would like to design a theme (you don't have to code it if you don't know how; just crate an image draft in photoshop in which a coder can base a design from) then feel free to speak up. I've already had one person volunteer to mess around and try to design & code a theme so we'll see how that goes as well.

Still waiting on IPSFocus and IPBForo developers to push out updates on their themes. Some other IPS users have put out some 4.1 themes now but they're all terrible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

Wouldn't you thought of exporting everything to Xenforo?  The only downsides would be the themes (I think you gotta make your own, dunno if they have pre-made themes) or custom html codes (it's been a long time since I surfed around an Xenforo forum).

Why would we opt to buy ANOTHER license for this community? There is really no benefit to be had with XenForo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pollux said:

After the upgrade, my content count went up by 100.

What's up with that?:waaaht:

It recounted posts and altered them according to what was in the database. I figured post count would go down in most cases of posts being deleted, etc.. but I don't know how/why it would have increased. Are you positive it definitely went up?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

It recounted posts and altered them according to what was in the database. I figured post count would go down in most cases of posts being deleted, etc.. but I don't know how/why it would have increased. Are you positive it definitely went up?

Yep, 'cause I just passed 500 within the last couple of weeks.
It should be 530ish according to the old system.

I wonder if edits are being counted now?

Well, it is calculating them different somehow.

Edited by Pollux
More Info.

3 minutes ago, Pollux said:

Yep, 'cause I just passed 500 within the last couple of weeks.
It should be 530ish according to the old system.

I wonder if edits are being counted now?

Well, it is calculating them different somehow.

Well looking at your posts, you've got a little over 550 active in the database. So that's about 90 less than your current count.

It's not really a big deal though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Koby said:

Well looking at your posts, you've got a little over 550 active in the database. So that's about 90 less than your current count.

It's not really a big deal though.

I know. 

I just thought it was kinda weird. :P

Edited by Pollux
Fixed Something.

Minor nitpicks/suggestions:

1. Would it be possible to bring back the more color options in the editor, specifically being able to input hex codes for colors?
  2. Not sure if it's working silently in the background, but do posts still Autosave? 
  3. A space or colon needs to be added after the word "Location" on users profile panel.

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

Minor nitpicks/suggestions:

1. Would it be possible to bring back the more color options in the editor, specifically being able to input hex codes for colors?
  2. Not sure if it's working silently in the background, but do posts still Autosave? 
  3. A space or colon needs to be added after the word "Location" on users profile panel.

1. I'm not sure. Check CKEditor's website and see if any color plugins exist.

2. Not really sure on that one, never really noticed it in the old one much because I'm not even sure why it needs to autosave.

3. I'm not even sure why that wasn't done by default... This is the code it uses:

<li class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsType_break">
		<span class="ft">Location</span><span class="fc">A little island near the South Pole</span>
	</li>

Rather than mess with altering the html files of the themes more than needed, I'd probably fix this with css.

4 minutes ago, Topken said:

Much better theme but the page numbers on the sub forums need a little work because as it sits you can barely read them for example

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qdlvntebqkhun8/AACqXFCIRe3KbbhXlw2u0pNwa?dl=0

This has been noted in the thread about the new skin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koby said:

1. I'm not sure. Check CKEditor's website and see if any color plugins exist.

2. Not really sure on that one, never really noticed it in the old one much because I'm not even sure why it needs to autosave.

3. I'm not even sure why that wasn't done by default... This is the code it uses: . . . Rather than mess with altering the html files of the themes more than needed, I'd probably fix this with css.

1. Alright, will do. I think it's on the first page somewhere when I had a quick look the other day.
  2. It was quite handy when accidentally clicking the back arrow or spamming the backspace button to delete something, only to realise that the text editor had not been selected and you end up 5 pages back. The idea was you could return to your page and restore what you were typing from an auto save. It was also handy for new posts. 
  3. Alright. I edited my profile to put a space in at the beginning, but it looks like it removes it. 

Something else I just noticed, when quoting someone who already has quotes in their post, it only quotes what they have said, and does not include the quoted quotes. The only way around this is to highlight everything and use the "Quote This" link. 

10 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

1. Alright, will do. I think it's on the first page somewhere when I had a quick look the other day.
  2. It was quite handy when accidentally clicking the back arrow or spamming the backspace button to delete something, only to realise that the text editor had not been selected and you end up 5 pages back. The idea was you could return to your page and restore what you were typing from an auto save. It was also handy for new posts. 
  3. Alright. I edited my profile to put a space in at the beginning, but it looks like it removes it. 

Something else I just noticed, when quoting someone who already has quotes in their post, it only quotes what they have said, and does not include the quoted quotes. The only way around this is to highlight everything and use the "Quote This" link. 

Do you need to be quoting more than just the quoted person directly?

If you quote, quote, quote, quote... pages will mostly be filled with the same words.

I can only think of a few uses for having the whole chat quoted every time.

In old fashion it'd only go 3-5 before cutting you off and dropping the older ones.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2015, 2:55:06, Koby said:

One big thing to note is we jumped the gun and upgraded as soon as 4.1 was released; so themes and hooks haven't been upgraded by the 3rd party developers. Hence why it's taking so long. In hindsight I should have installed 4.1 as a test install and worked on custom themes and waited for stuff to come out before doing the upgrade; but we'd been waiting for a long time and I wanted to introduce something new so I jumped on it.

Transparent avatars still work. It seems to be theme related however that the default theme adds a white background to the avatar div via css. In my custom theme this has been noted and will be changed.

3rd party developers? Can't you just make your own theme and or layout without them for everyone that's complaining? 

• Nekone locked this topic