We've Upgraded to IPS 4.1

Koby

4 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Well thats better than nothing. Thanks for pointing that out, I wish they would bring back the dedicated "Go to first unread post" button on each forum and in the unread content section.

Yup, but that marks the whole site as read, when I havent read the whole site. The ability to just go sub-forum by sub-forum and mark said sub-forum as "read" was ideal. A bit like marking the emails you have read as read and leaving the ones unopened, unread.

But it is there for each board too..

a60405b6ec.jpg

I'll make it stand out a bit more later.

• Like 1

Also just a heads up for those that haven't figured it out or noticed:

If you copy/paste a link to another thread on the forum and then hit enter it will display a preview box of that thread.

Example:

If you copy/paste a link to a youtube video and then hit enter it will embed the video to your post.

Example:

I need to adjust youtube embed size because that's freaking huge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koby said:

But it is there for each board too..

a60405b6ec.jpg

I'll make it stand out a bit more later.

Lol ok ours hardly stands out, and I will be honest I missed that one, 

598ca4638b.png

I actually don't have the Start new topic button. I guess it would require a lot of coding to get that Mark forum as read into individual threads? 

6 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

598ca4638b.png

I actually don't have the Start new topic button. I guess it would require a lot of coding to get that Mark forum as read into individual threads? 

What board are you looking in?

Why would you need the ability to mark a certain board read within an actual thread? What if a thread in that board got new posts while you were inside a thread and then clicked mark read for that board? Seems kind of pointless to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koby said:
9 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

598ca4638b.png

What board are you looking in?

That specific one was the Broadcast station section:

575a82f209.png

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

Why would you need the ability to mark a certain board read within an actual thread? What if a thread in that board got new posts while you were inside a thread and then clicked mark read for that board? Seems kind of pointless to me.

Why I asked that was because I was assuming we wouldn't get the "Go to first unread post" link back, so figured the next best thing would be to mark that specific thread as read instead of the whole board, as you might want to go back/only read a few and pick up where you left off at a later stage.  

1 minute ago, Moodkiller said:

That specific one was the Broadcast station section:

575a82f209.png

Why I asked that was because I was assuming we wouldn't get the "Go to first unread post" link back, so figured the next best thing would be to mark that specific thread as read instead of the whole board, as you might want to go back/only read a few and pick up where you left off at a later stage.  

meh I click the button circle so it goes to the first unread post...

1d53abda95.jpg

• Like 1

@Koby

Missing feature

In old forum when i go any section their is one feature is really great..the feature is their is no need to open to any  thread for seen last  post ..simply click on right side of thread where stack type icon available . after clicking it expand and show last two post without going last Page ....can u add this feature  if possible...

Edited by EonJone

1 minute ago, Koby said:

meh I click the button circle so it goes to the first unread post...

1d53abda95.jpg

I was hoping they would have had the "Mark thread as read" button next to that so that you dont have to load into that thread, let IP mark it as read, and then click to go back to your activity stream. 

@EonJone This is what we are currently talking about:

8538c66a53.png

16 hours ago, EonJone said:

@Koby

Missing feature

In old forum when i go any section their is one feature is really great..the feature is their is no need to open to any  thread for seen last  post ..simply click on right side of thread where stack type icon available . after clicking it expand and show last two post without going last Page ....can u add this feature  if possible...

Hover over the topic. It'll give you the option, but only the latest post.

5 hours ago, DeathTheKid said:

I don't know if this has been brought up or not but you aren't able to customize font color anymore. On the old theme/ips or whatever you were able to choose a color from the color wheel (bar). Now you can only choose from the 40 chosen colors.

Lol, you mentioned it as one of the plugins to add :P

Have a look through the screenshots, the More color option seems to be there with this plugin.

On 10/29/2015, 2:27:04, DeathTheKid said:

Hey Koby, do we have any plugins already? If so which ones? Having a look at cke's plugins right now.

Adding the popular ones :D

http://ckeditor.com/addon/colorbutto

• Like 1

OK so two things that got me. First Tapatalk doesn't connect to kametsu anymore. And now the avitars on my phone screen are huge. They break out of there place except forTsu.Ku.Yo.M although I would prefer see that avi breakout more.

Edited by professa X
Change name

On 10/31/2015, 11:46:26, EonJone said:

@Koby

Missing feature

On 11/1/2015, 2:55:37, JohnFlower said:

Hover over the topic. It'll give you the option, but only the latest post.

As @JohnFlower stated, if you hover over the thread link, it'll pop up a preview. It'll give you tabs to view the first post and the last post of the thread.

51766cad08.png

On 11/1/2015, 8:33:00, DeathTheKid said:

I don't know if this has been brought up or not but you aren't able to customize font color anymore. On the old theme/ips or whatever you were able to choose a color from the color wheel (bar). Now you can only choose from the 40 chosen colors.

I'll see what options we have for this. I've never used the bottom row of colors myself either because they're almost white.

5 hours ago, professa X said:

OK so two things that got me. First Tapatalk doesn't connect to kametsu anymore. And now the avitars on my phone screen are huge. They break out of there place except forTsu.Ku.Yo.M although I would prefer see that avi breakout more.

Yeah Tapatalk hasn't been updated on our community to work with it since updating. The forums mobile compatibility has risen though so aside from just having an app to access things I don't really know how many people would require Tapatalk. It didn't even let you use part of the forum like status updates... and if you viewed the site via browser you had this annoying advert for Tapatalk trying to insist you opt to use it. I often had to go on browser mode to access things because Tapatalk was basically useless to me. IPS has mentioned wanting to create their own App at some point, but I don't know how it goes on that front just yet.

I'm undecided if I'll re-integrate TapaTalk. I haven't even checked to see if TapaTalk has a version available for this update of IPS yet.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, None said:

:( Can't seem to search specific sections like only "Content Distro" like before on advance search page http://kametsu.com/index.php?/search

That's odd that they removed it from advanced search page however it's still available via the search bar at the top right of the page.  Click the drop-down and select 'This Forum' while in the forum you want to search.

As for Content Distro; ideally the Index threads would be used anyhow; it's unfortunate most uploaders fail to submit their threads for adding to the index; but I still believe Sicka manages to add most of them anyways.

• Like 2

• Nekone locked this topic