Digimon Adventure Tri (2015)

Bardon

A video preview of the new voices of the eight DigiDestined will be revealed on September 21 following the Niconico broadcast of the first 12 episodes of Digimon Adventure 02. Details of the theatrical screenings will also be announced at the same time.

Digimon Adventure tri. 1: Saikai opens in theaters in Japan for a three-week period beginning November 21, 2015. It will be made available for purchase on iTunes on the same day, and the Blu-ray and DVD will be released on December 18, 2015.

The official website of Digimon Adventure tri. has announced that two additional seiyuu will join the cast of Saikai, the first of six chapters in the new series. The two characters are new to the Digimon universe.

Daigo Nishijima voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
He a part-time teacher of calligraphy who is also the substitute homeroom teacher of Taichi Yagami's class in high school.

U5qNp1b.png

Maki Himekawa voiced by Yuuko Kaida
She is a mysterious woman who appears before the DigiDestined children.

Fnkvu1r.png

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/7/2016 at 9:12 PM, Koby said:

In case you missed the news post:

I will be watching the dub version of Tri too and hoping for a decent dual audio release to rise in the future cause it's one of the series I archive.

Also, something irrelevant. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that, but I have a theory here. Tri is supposed to be a six movie adaptation right. So far each film has give the protagonistic role to two characters on each film that they're depicted on the key visuals. For example, for the first movie Tai and Matt are depicted on the visual and have the main role while the other children more of a supporting one. The same thing applies so far for the second and third films with Mimi-Joe and Izzy-T.K. respectively. So we also have 3 more films to go right? I'm assuming that the 4th film will depict Sora and Kari (since they're the last 2 remaining characters left) so that leaves out 4 more kids for the last 2 films which interestingly enough is the exact same number of the 02 kids....

So does anyone think this could be a foreshadowing of the 02 cast returing to take the main role in the last 2 movies in an order like Yolei-Kody and Davis-Ken? Personally, I would love for something like that to happen cause nostalgia only applies for the first impression (like the first 2 movies) and 02 is considered a canon part-epilogue of the Adventure storyline so I see no reason not to include them to the main cast too and not just scenes of the losing to the main villain. Besides, the appearance of the Digimon Kaiser on the second film can't just be a coincidence right?

All I'm saying is that if a similar scenario like the one stated above does happen then I wouldn't be surprised at all. But, I would love to hear everyone's theories and thoughts on this! ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, StarSaber said:

Is the dub ever going to available anywhere other than the theaters sometime before 2020? :|

In full? I doubt it, because there is still at least two more films which haven't been released yet in Japan, and they're taking their sweet time with doing the dub apparently. :/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Koby said:

In full? I doubt it, because there is still at least two more films which haven't been released yet in Japan, and they're taking their sweet time with doing the dub apparently. :/

I know it's not over yet, I was kind of hoping that the ones that were released in the theater already would go on dvd or something.

• 2 weeks later...

And here I thought I'd find some negative things said about movies so far. :D

It could be just me, but all movies so far were pretty bad in comparison to the previous series. Even though these are made for kids, most of the character interactions were kinda forced and plot predictive. Digivolutions' animations were meh (3D stuff was bad), art's as simple as it can get (they did make their eyes smaller :P)... Pointless quarrel between Yamato and Taichi made things even worse.

Only good thing so far was new ver. of opening song.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 10:41 AM, Deth93 said:

And here I thought I'd find some negative things said about movies so far. :D

It could be just me, but all movies so far were pretty bad in comparison to the previous series. Even though these are made for kids, most of the character interactions were kinda forced and plot predictive. Digivolutions' animations were meh (3D stuff was bad), art's as simple as it can get (they did make their eyes smaller :P)... Pointless quarrel between Yamato and Taichi made things even worse.

Only good thing so far was new ver. of opening song.

I really hate how they are dragging things out, did we really need the sauna scene? Listening to cicadas for 3 minutes while everyone was deep in thought? Watching everyone eat for 7 minutes? zzzzzzzz. Tri is a total snoozefest compared to the original series, but when plot happens it's amazing.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...