The Nostalgia Train Hit Me

pixxelherz

Just now, Nabull said:

They are but that's not all these games have to offer, they also tell you about the world you're in I can link a YouTube channel if you're interested in the lore 

I'm good the kid who I recently dropped all contact with over a $2 cable (petty fuck) was super into those games so I know what they're about, a lot of Berserk influence on the Souls series:bad_smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

doesn't surprise me at all, aren't these game supposed to be insanely fucking hard?

Fallout series also has a lot of lore, even if you don't play the series or play it much you can still gleam a lot from it. There are youtube channels devoted to just the stories in Fallout. It could a movie or t.v.series in their own right.

1 minute ago, SecondNine said:

Fallout series also has a lot of lore, even if you don't play the series or play it much you can still gleam a lot from it. There are youtube channels devoted to just the stories in Fallout. It could a movie or t.v.series in their own right.

I liked the Skyrim lore a whole lot

3 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

Defunct property or series you wish would be given new life or brought to current gen systems?

Unsung heroes of gaming- important developers, creators, or influenciers who never got the recontion they deserved at the time?

Why large and ambitious video game properties can fail or what can go wrong?

Should gaming be considered a form of art ?

Whatever you want to discuss is fine:D

I think the strongest forms of nostalgia connect to specific time in your life with a combination of playing the game, the music of the game, and even just constantly thinking about the game.  For me, I have two prominent examples.  One in late elementary school/early junior high when Runescape reigned king in my life.   The original sign in menu and music, the atmosphere... all of it.  It just was a simpler time and I definitely miss it sometimes.  The second was in high school, when there was nothing but Halo 3.  I didn't even own a 360 or get the game until the summer after it came out, but that didn't matter.  Every day after school I was at friends, playing random custom games split screen.  As a social experience I'm not sure anything will ever compare to my Halo 3 memories.  Sometimes you wish you could just live in a peak period like that forever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grant in Genera said:

I think the strongest forms of nostalgia connect to specific time in your life with a combination of playing the game, the music of the game, and even just constantly thinking about the game.  For me, I have two prominent examples.  One in late elementary school/early junior high when Runescape reigned king in my life.   The original sign in menu and music, the atmosphere... all of it.  It just was a simpler time and I definitely miss it sometimes.  The second was in high school, when there was nothing but Halo 3.  I didn't even own a 360 or get the game until the summer after it came out, but that didn't matter.  Every day after school I was at friends, playing random custom games split screen.  As a social experience I'm not sure anything will ever compare to my Halo 3 memories.  Sometimes you wish you could just live in a peak period like that forever.

To have that feeling again :) 

4 minutes ago, Grant in Genera said:

I think the strongest forms of nostalgia connect to specific time in your life with a combination of playing the game, the music of the game, and even just constantly thinking about the game.

Video game music is extremely nostalgic for me. Most profound example is by far the FireRed/LeafGreen OSTs. VIdeo Game OSTs are what got me so heavily into electronic music in the first place:D