Free Windows 10 upgrade for EVERYONE (literally)

Bardon

How many people even used Media Center? Everyone I know uses some sort of Linux for their media needs.

From what I've read most people that still use Windows Media Center used it to record encrypted channel through their HTPC or Xbox 360. I've read that it is the only software capable of recording encrypted channels. And alternatives to it include devices that require subscriptions, I guess.

I use Tveadend. It supports descrambling.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

I don't know much about that but you can see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_PVR_software_packages that WMC is literally the only program that supports the most features and that could explain why some people still use it.

Edited by Tough Daze

WMC is not the most feature rich program on that list.

Tvheadend is a backend that enables all of the television features in Kodi (one of the 'external plugins' mentioned by Wikipedia). You can also use it on its own to capture with lossless quality or as a basic web browser based television client.

I'd say the only reason to still be using WMC is lack of research into the options one has available. Or maybe laziness.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk