The Nostalgia Train Hit Me

pixxelherz

I would give you another like if  I could the forum wont let me give anymore.

Its awesome that you are learning programing and maybe you can make a game we all want :)

It was nice talking to you and  I wish you the best of luck, I would stay and chat but I have to get some sleep.

I will be on here tomorrow if you wish to talk some more

I am new here so I am just getting used to a lot of the site's features.

5 minutes ago, Nabull said:

I might later when I learn more about programming not until after I graduate from college 

Its awesome that you are learning programing and maybe you can make a game we all want :)

It was nice talking to you and  I wish you the best of luck, I would stay and some more, but I have to get some sleep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

It was nice talking to you and  I wish you the best of luck, I would stay and some more, but I have to get some sleep.

Good night 

7 hours ago, SecondNine said:

The trailers, yeah I know thats how they get a lot of us.  Of course E3 , Ign and all of that doesn't help either sometimes as there are biases. I mean I am not healiyl in to following thme, but they are obviously noticbale on some fronts.

Ign's literally the worst, the Fox News of video game ratings

5 hours ago, SecondNine said:

Side question and you do not have to answer it if you do not want to but do work or want to work in the game industry in any capacity

I dream of doing soundtracks for video games, not orchestral score stuff like Skyrim and such (not that that wouldn't be sick af) but chiptune-y stuff like Pokemon and Shovel Knight. I'd have to learn more about composition/music production first tho.

1 minute ago, DabDeity710 said:

I dream of doing soundtracks for video games, not orchestral score stuff like Skyrim and such (not that that wouldn't be sick af) but chiptune-y stuff like Pokemon and Shovel Knight. I'd have to learn more about composition/music production first tho.

That would be great 

19 hours ago, Nabull said:

Good night 

19 hours ago, Nabull said:

Good night 

Any particular concept in mind for a future game.

I am thinking about a game setting where the protagonist  has to fight all the trouble their roommate brings them. Like the characters' roommate causes an alien invasion, dinosaurs to come back to life, a secret government agency to chase them etc. 

59 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

Any particular concept in mind for a future game.

I am thinking about a game setting where the protagonist  has to fight all the trouble their roommate brings them. Like the characters' roommate causes an alien invasion, dinosaurs to come back to life, a secret government agency to chase them etc. 

Nope, but I would prefer to make a story driven game, they tend to age better and are memorable 

20 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

I agree story driven speaks for itself.

Any recommend story driven games or any story driven games catching your eye for the moment

The Last Of Us

Bloodborne(great deal of lore, even the equipment description, item description tells you a lot and the conclusion is kinda  open ended) 

Bioshock series 

1 minute ago, Nabull said:

It was good I never got around to completing it 

Did you think it was fresh take in the series and could it have led to more games in the series.

I thought it had an interesting setting or background with the Pinkertons, American Expectionalism or cultural imperialism ( stuff I remember reading about in middle school  history class) The Freedman's Bureau, Pan- American Exposition, Boxer Rebellion, William Mckinely etc.

There was a lot of world building and posters you could  examine which could lead in to hours of off line research- I saw a particular poster in the game ,but did not know what it meant so I researched it?

Any similar experiences in this or any other game series?

1 minute ago, SecondNine said:

Did you think it was fresh take in the series and could it have led to more games in the series.

I thought it had an interesting setting or background with the Pinkertons, American Expectionalism or cultural imperialism ( stuff I remember reading about in middle school  history class) The Freedman's Bureau, Pan- American Exposition, Boxer Rebellion, William Mckinely etc.

There was a lot of world building and posters you could  examine which could lead in to hours of off line research- I saw a particular poster in the game ,but did not know what it meant so I researched it?

Bloodborne and Dark Souls series, you'll be surprised the amount of research people put into the lore of these games. 

2 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

I don't know how it ended so I can't say if it could have led to a sequel 

2 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

doesn't surprise me at all, aren't these game supposed to be insanely fucking hard?

They are but that's not all these games have to offer, they also tell you about the world you're in I can link a YouTube channel if you're interested in the lore 

1 minute ago, Nabull said:

Anything that draws more forum attention. There are a lot of gamers here

Defunct property or series you wish would be given new life or brought to current gen systems?

Unsung heroes of gaming- important developers, creators, or influenciers who never got the recontion they deserved at the time?

Why large and ambitious video game properties can fail or what can go wrong?

Should gaming be considered a form of art ?