Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sloppyjoe103

PC vs Console gaming

84 posts in this topic

PCs for FPS and superior ports & mods, but consoles usually draw me in because they historically were better for just getting to the games and feeling more secure that you had the physical copy (ignoring if this makes sense or not). Of course, the last generation or 2 has kind of screwed that advantage over, seeing as consoles are now basically junior PCs with none of the versatility of the real thing.

I guess really I'm PC + Nintendo hardware, but I'm also liable to bust out lots of older consoles since I've got them rigged up by RGB to an Extron switcher and an upscaler to my LED TV. Makes playing older games hella fun, especially with proper scanlines, rgb and surround sound. Speaking of which, time for some SNES, lol

I was always a devout console gamer until I learnt a hack to connect my controller to my laptop, not perfect and not enough to sway my opinion that consoles are better, but definitely good enough to make me question it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ZacOnCrac
      Hey, if there are any PC people hiding around here I was wondering if this was considered overkill for a desktop PC I want to use for intensive gaming at most.

i7 7700k
      GTX 1080 - AORUS Xtreme
      16GB DDR4 3000mhz RAM
      Gaming M8 Motherboard
      750w 80+ Gold PSU

This is all to be paired up with a 144hz 1440p 27" G-Sync Monitor.
      It'll end up around 2.75k AUD though, rip. 
      Soooo can I justify the purchase?
    • By 420SuperSaiyan
          What would be the best combination of two games
    • By 420SuperSaiyan
      I just started playing Far Cry 4, any tips to find weapons, collectibles etc.  
    • By dn_angel000
      I found an AMD Gaming PC on Amazon and was wondering how outdated it is. In the Product description it's equivalent  to an Intel i5 with R7 240 Graphics card, so just buy comparison how outdated would this AMD build be?? lol

Amazon Link: $499.99 AMD Gaming PC

Also was curious if these custom gaming builds would be able to run most if not nearly all relatively new games @ MAX SETTINGS:

Intel Build:

Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00GHz LGA1151 CPU
      ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 Motherboard
      16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2400MHz PC4-19200 CL14 Intel X99 Quad Channel kit (4x4GB) Black Heatsinks
      x2 ASUS STRIX Radeon R9 390X Overclocked 8 GB DDR5
      OCZ Technology 256GB Vector Series SSD Cooler Master Seidon 120M Water Cooling System Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W PSU  
      AMD Build:

AMD FX 9370 H20 Cooled CPU
      ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard
      Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz 32GB RAM
      x2 Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2 8GB
      OCZ Technology 256GB Vector Series SSD Cooler Master Seidon 120M Water Cooling System Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W PSU