PC vs Console gaming

sloppyjoe103

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jackbw0890 said:

I prefer PC because of its huge backlog of legacy titles and I'm usually more comfortable with keyboard & mouse. But consoles have some compelling exclusives. I already have a PS4, maybe I'll get an X1 too in not so near future.

If you already have a PC for playing games, I highly recommend against getting an XBOX One, unless you want to play one of the few actual exclusives on XBOX One, like Halo. Practically everything else on it is also on PS4 and PC or going to come to PC in the case of XBOX One exclusives.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 11:10 PM, ragnawind said:

Practically everything else on it is also on PS4 and PC or going to come to PC in the case of XBOX One exclusives.

I very much agree :). That's why I said "not so near future" so that I can think this over & likely change my mind if I don't see a need for it by then. Since cross platform multiplayer still isn't available in many titles, participating in competitive multiplayer with my friends on Xbox is about the only reason why I want to buy an Xbox 1. But lately, I've been busy & without enough time for gaming I may as well go with your advice and forget about getting an Xbox 1.

Depends on the game. Like for me Overwatch just feels so right on the PC once I tried it on the console but I primarily like using a controller to play games especially FPS games. I don't know if it has something to do with my being a kid and holding a controller before I started playing PC games. To each their own.

In the past, I tended to use PC for FPS and RPG games, but more actiony stuff I've preferred on console. I find that until the last few years, console or pc was highly dependent on what type of games you preferred to play. That being said, with more and more old and new titles making it to pc, it's becoming something of a moot point with the exception of system specific titles. 

On a side note, I've noticed more than a few posts in this thread saying how expensive a pc can be to maintain. This is not entirely true. If you get a good system, it can last quite a few years if you keep it running smoothly. I haven't put anything new in my own box since about 2012, and it's still going strong, though maybe next year I will need to upgrade. However, the rub with that is that I do not overclock, which from what I have read, can help shorten the lifespan of some pc parts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to play games on the PC all of the time when I was younger lol... but now I literally only use it for internet and anime.

I started collecting games a while back when i started work and I no longer sell them, so now I have about 13 consoles lol and no time to play them lol :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...