how do you choose a good anime?

donny8894

3 ways i use:

1 - Random

-know what genre you want to watch, look up stuff in that genre

-having found the title stick it through wikipedia or so and see if the explanation matches what youve found. check the references or reviews.

-get the first 3-5 episodes and watch them in 1 go because pilots have this tendancy to be weak and you dont know whether its good or not.

2 - Quality

- look up the award lists for manga and anime from the major events that happen each year.

- Find the winning/nominated artists, writers, anime, manga, production houses. and just look through what they have made.

3 - Actors

- as with all industries everyone wants to use the best or the most popular. go to imdb for the show you like, and just start checking the other things the cast has done. Especially in the dubbing world this is a very very small list but its usually best to look forwards of their break through show..

By what standards I choose anime?

Main factor when choosing anime is animation. If I like it I grab it, if not... well. I leave it be.

Second factor is story. If it is not sport related, probability that I will download it is huge.

Third factor is opinions of other... Blah.. I never listen to other. So other opinion does not interest me.

How I choose anime?

anidb.net or Random Curiosity: and watching latest releases;

going through known sub/dub groups sites and watching what they had released.

Like that I spent somewhere from 5 to 10 minutes looking for some new stuff.

I check wikipedia, anime news network and my anime list. I basically weigh the ratings between anime news network and my anime list, then I check out the genres and themes. I read the synopsis of course. I'm more inclined to watch an anime if it's finished 'cause I hate waiting for episodes. If I'm not sure about it I go to www.reddit.com/r/anime and ask for opinions.

1) Look it up on Wikipedia or anime forums.

2) Check out the music of it (OP and ED themes).

3) Check out the Episode List (I do that to make sure I don't miss any episodes xD)

4) Read reviews about the anime (I will still watch it if it has bad reviews. Well that is if I find it interesting).

That's my way of doing it generally. I also take suggestions from friends. It is best to do a bit of research on the anime that you are going to watch. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

Well the stuff you see on the title help, the write up give you an idea, the problem is they all end like there going to do another season and never do, all most some come back 4 to 5 years later with a second season. It's what you like see one that will interest you watch it, I seen some that get hated reviews and found it fine and liked it for the story watching for the voice stars I like. Dance in the Vampire Bund is one that just stoppes like there is more. It'a what I like to call a snap shot amine, a pic is worth a 1000 words so they run out the 1000 words and just stop, this stops short of what you would like to see. Good thing there some out there each year worth watching or in me case like the storys and stars, what you see some time falls short.

I say read a short description and check the rating. Also see if other people watch and like it too

I also support this tactic. Also, you can get recommendations from your friends. Hay, why don't you check out my post "Anime recommendations". It has over a hundred Anime titles and I guarantee that all of them are worth watching.