how do you choose a good anime?

donny8894

read the synopses and watch the first few episodes. that wont guarantee you'll like it. but if you cant stop than you know you have a winner.

This is what I do. Read Sypnosis then watch a few then make a judgement call. If I'm lucky like with Death Note judgement calls don't even cross my mind.

It can be difficult to choose a good anime, here's a few things I do when choosing one to watch:

1. Look over the basic description of the anime, avoiding spoilers of course

2. I then watch the first two or three episodes of the anime and then judge it from that

3. How it's dubbed and subbed also comes into my choice, if the voice acting is terrible or the subs make no sense I won't watch it

This might help you when deciding on how to choose a good anime

I know someone else posted AnimeNewsNetwork. That's where I usually go to look at the desciption of the series. If it seems interesting I'll download the first episode. If the first episode seems at least a little interesting (since some animes get more interesting a few episodes in at least in my experience) I'll download a few more. If I'm a bit iffy on the series I'll download the entire series and watch it through to the end even if I don't necessarily like it because as someone else posted sometimes it takes to mid series for the series to get interesting. Also, I look at the screenshots people post on downloads or I go to a forum topic where people suggest anime and look at the artwork. The other thing I look at is what other people say about the series. I don't always base my decision on this but sometimes the descriptions I find just aren't enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...