Newbie to Anime - Any recommendation? ^_^

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Code Geass, CG r2, Cowboy Bebop and Death Note are on top of the list for recommendation, then I recommend you these:

One Piece (try to find the first season)

Beelzebub

Shingeki no Kyojin

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Full Metal Panic!, FMP: the second raid, FMP: fumoffu

Kuroshitsuji

Yamato Nadeshiko: shichihenge

Ao no Exorcist

And there you have it..

Edited by 7Sins

I'd suggest Witch Hunter Robin.

I suggest this because you can watch it dubbed or subbed and switch between the two flawlessly as the voices sound exactly the same and the story on top of that is quite amazing to boot.

Its not my favourite anime, but its a great one to start with, not too complex, not too simple and has a little bit of every genre in it that goes together flawlessly.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're new to anime I'd actually hold off on a bunch of these darker ones: Code Geass, Death Note, Elfen Lied... (They are great, just absurdly depressing)

If you like Champloo, then i suggest Cowboy Bebop

Fans of Fruits Baskets might like Fushigi Yuugi (same sort of reverse harem stucture, but with bigger focus on fantasy)

And if you enjoied Aqaurion, I highly recomend Vandread (these two could be twins)

If comedy is your thing, I strongly recommend Cromartie High School.

It's a show that takes pride in how low-budget it is.

For example: Durring prolonged still images where characters would talk, one character might move their head and the animation cell of their ear would be left behind (emphasizing the quick movement) and it would just float back into place. Another scene involves two characters walking to school having a conversation but as they're about to walk off-screen, the scene rewinds itself so they can continue to walk forward again and repeats this until their conversation wraps up.

The show is about an average guy entering a high school full of delinquents. Normally you'd think this would mean a show about people fighting and acting like tough guys but....

well, I'll just let this video speak for itself. http://youtu.be/DMf9aCIkPZg

I find the English dub to be equal to if not better than the sub. So if you're more comfortable with dubs, this would be a good choice.

There are 26 eleven minute episodes so you can binge watch it pretty quick.

Edited by EmptyBasket

• 2 weeks later...