how do you choose a good anime?

donny8894

It all depends on what your looking for. do you care about the animation, the story, or do you just want to stare at animated chicks. I personally like anime from between about 2003 up and i generally dont go for the really gory one even the i did really enjoy Highschool of the dead, Generally i go for something with comedy and do go for eechi generally because the 2 go hand in hand so well. its all taste no one can tell you what to like only you can decide that

Most of the new anime I learn about is through news I read about new stuff coming out, or through my firends suggesting it to me. I do always read the description as well to get an idea. Though honestly if your unsure how to really get a good start just look up anime in Google, and something most likely will catch your eye.

• 2 weeks later...

I check up on art style, year it was put out and the genre. Aside from that I have a few favorite VA's in dubs so I look at what they've worked in as they usually play a similar character and said characters are generally required in those shows.. so I'll enjoy it. Oh, and I have a couple favorite companies like Shaft and stuff that produce the animes.

I usually have a look at what's popular among the crowd that watches a lot of new anime. I don't have patience to sort through the field on my own, so looking on anime boards is what I usually do... OR, I just search by genre if I know what kind of show I want to watch.

Usually, you find a genre you are interested in and find an anime which consists around it.

I myself wont watch an Anime if it doesn't have good character design, By this I mean, the style in which it's created. I mainly look at the eyes. The more detailed the eyes, the more I'm intrigued by the anime. Even though this doesn't really apply with my Naruto Obsession xD