How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

TheLostFool

How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

More and more , well at least to me, I find that a growing number of animes leave you disappointed with the endings. I have just finished the anime Phantom: Requiem of the phantom and well i was almost satisfied with it until the very last moment. Now I won't spoil it for those yet to see it but seriously it's like wtf really. For the most part it was a very good anime, in fact one of my favorites minus

the last 30 seconds of course. Perhaps the name of the anime including 'requiem' should have made it okay but really I felt it was a good ending minus him getting shot in the last 30 seconds. it just seems like an overly forced sad ending it just didn't fit in my opinion. As well as the fact that Reiji and Eren are basically the best assassins that Inferno ever had but magically there was one who was able to kill reiji so easily? BS on that

But thats not the only anime with a horrible ending.. Death Note.. Magikano was horrible.. and several others were ok or good until the end,

So with this question put forward, How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime? and why?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rarely disappointed. About the only times I wasn't happy with an ending was when it wasn't the ending given in the original source (usually manga), or an ending that felt incomplete (which is usually because it didn't end like the original source, due to the original source not being finished). So in the end it all boils down to incomplete/unsatisfied anime-original endings that I end up disappointed about.

I've seen over 500 anime entries and those I was disappointed in have been Spiral, Zatch Bell, Inuyasha (Final Act probably solves this issue but I haven't seen it yet), Claymore, Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter (a remake is on the way for this), and Tokko just to name a few.

Same reason a Koby and to add a few other animes to his list: Kekkaishi, Gantz and D. Gray-man. These are mangas that were turned into anime which never completed adaptation of the entire manga. However, D. Gray-man and Gantz are still ongoing mangas

The anime adaptation of D. Gray-man and Kekkaishi merely stopped midway and did not finish the series with a filler ending however Gantz did.

I actually liked the Death Note ending, it had to end the way it did,

otherwise there wouldn't have been a point in making the "second part" of the anime.

Anyway, over the past few years I've developed a bad habit of starting an anime and not finishing it unless it really grabs my attention from the beginning. However, more often than not, I am disappointed with the ones I do finish. I don't often get that "this was a really good watch" feeling, but more of a "I saw this coming a mile away. Oh well, what should I watch next?" feeling.

A few years back, I could finish an anime and be content and satisfied with a simple, short story even if I've seen the same thing happen in pretty much every anime. I guess I've become a bit picky lol

I've probably been lucky not be exposed to some of the more disappointing series endings. However I do kind of agree with "BlackDahlia's" comment of the endings often being too predictable. However that happens in more than just anime. It's something extremely hard to avoid. Gintama episode 63 is sort of about this concept. However after thinking about, I realized that I'm not watching anime so that I can see the ending, but so I can enjoy the journey. I don't know if anybody agrees with this but I certainly found it helped ease the pain of predictable endings.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey!

alot of the time i would say im disapointed in anime endings but anime cnt really end the way u want to theirs hundreds of thousands of endings anime could be like but usually its what makes the most money that matters to the people that make these things. it keeps us people happy cuz what the people want in life we usally cnt get but anime is thyat part of your life were u can just forget about your life just chill out.

It happens sometimes. Weather there just hard pressed to end it and they chose the easy way out like they do in some dragon ball episodes. There having a hard time presenting an overladen anime or just try to hard to present every thing all at once.

But I suppose this sort of thing seems to happen to every one all over the place, even in American movies.

alot of the time i would say im disapointed in anime endings but anime cnt really end the way u want to theirs hundreds of thousands of endings anime could be like but usually its what makes the most money that matters to the people that make these things. it keeps us people happy cuz what the people want in life we usally cnt get but anime is thyat part of your life were u can just forget about your life just chill out.

That's true this trend has been going on for about five years now as writers and directors take the easy way out and present there work more for the Otaku type Bs out there. You know the ones, the type that like seeing large "Ahem" things or more "cough" lower end shots. If you get my meaning.

On a good note while taking notice of the anime that has been coming out and the news things seem to be slowly gravitating back to the Otaku A style were story and plot management is more important. Hopefully in a year or so there will be less poo endings.

The disappointments that I have had come from when the anime catches up to the manga to fast and they have to either change the story or end it suddenly in a cliff hanger. I find that this breaks the mood and feel set up by the rest of the series, such as at the end of FMA, however that story was partly rectified by Conqueror of Shamballa.