How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

TheLostFool

How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes i get highly dissappointed tho i will admit one series thats ending was a standout for me was the current Bakuman series, season 3 was neatly wrapped up tho i did feel the third season pushed forward at a much faster pace then the previous 2, which kind of felt awkward after the previous 2 seasons having a slower pace, but overall excellent series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More often than not the ending is more negative than positive for most action and dram anime's. Some go as far as to show the political ramifications of the protagonist and antagonist. I would have to say I was very disappointed with the ending of Cowboy Bebop, 08th MS Team, Evangelion (obviously), Soul Eater (not really an ending), Darker than Black, and Nadesico. All were AWESOME show's but, not very feel good endings.

• 1 month later...

More often than not the ending is more negative than positive for most action and dram anime's. Some go as far as to show the political ramifications of the protagonist and antagonist. I would have to say I was very disappointed with the ending of Cowboy Bebop, 08th MS Team, Evangelion (obviously), Soul Eater (not really an ending), Darker than Black, and Nadesico. All were AWESOME show's but, not very feel good endings.

Nadesico actually had a movie sequel, which made me feel a little better about the franchise.

Darker than Black's second season was made purely to milk the series. It was the typical 'time-skip + add new character(s) = profit' equation.

I heard that Soul Eater's ending was tripe, that is exactly why I never bothered investing many hours into a long series such as that.

Evangelion... Some say it's great, some say not so much. I say not so much. The whole series felt shallow to me. This could be because I watched it in English dub... But I will probably never know. I don't want to watch it again.

Cowboy Bebop: I felt that the ending was spot on. Sure, it lacked completeness for the other characters, but that kind of openness is completely acceptable to me.

As for the original question (How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?)... For me, I am disappointed 8-9 times out of 10. I find myself opting to watch only completed shows; ones that have reviews and many good ratings.

I have learnt that anime of today are very money centric. A lot of anime have foregone a proper story and character development. Many recent anime now rely solely on ecchi/harem to get them to the top. These two genres normally do not have properly defined endings, they have what is called gecko endings.

I am actually surprised at how much of this crap the Japanese are willing to put up with. Granted, anime is normally aimed at the 13-18 age group... But cmon, surely they could have one anime per season that has a good, meaningful story, with characters that are developed and therefore remembered. Currently, we are lucky to get an anime of this calibre once every 1-2 years...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not very often disappointed with the actual ending, just with the fact that it's over, haha!

I recently watched Black Butler, and that ending threw me for a loop. It kind of left me in shock, but I've decided that it wasn't a bad ending after all.

I don't really remember actually being disappointed with an ending. Maybe I'm just uber accepting, haha.

Not often, like BlackRose said it is more that the anime ends for me. Though some animes endings do leave me feel unsatisfied where the ending just comes about so sudden or you thought the anime had ended enjoyed it and then with in the last few seconds a scene can throw off what you thought was a ending you could be happy with, no saying that thoes ending ruin the anime just that they can be quite good at catching you off guard.