How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

TheLostFool

How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

I am sad to say that i am disappointed in endings of animes more often then not but also there is the fact that some of them want to let u kind of create a story as to what happens next i guess is the best way to explain it. there is also the fact that some of them continue on the manga but then again i am not saying i enjoy the endings that they sometimes have I hated Pilot Candidate anime ending it was lousy bc it really wasnt an ending in my opinion for the longest time i swear Earth Girl Arjuna had the worst ending bc i hadnt seen or rather i thought i hadnt seen the ending to Pilot Candidate but it turned out that i did so it mad top worst anime ending bc well it really didnt end.

thats what i have to say about that.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ending I was most disappointed with was Air Gears... After watching just the first 5 min of the first episode I was online buying the complete box set off Amazon. After watching the whole lot as soon as it came in the door I was left thinking how the hell could you mess up the ending for weeks after I watched it. Even now when I try to think back on it (through the mental block I had to put up) I still get an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach...:dribble:

I pretty accepting of most anime endings. I do tend to like the ones that wrap up the storyline such as Code Geass and Death Note and leave little to no missing plot holes. Cliffhangers such as Elfin Lied and H.O.T.D. usually (but not always) spell out a sequel in the future, but it does irritate me a bit when one is left unfinished. And then there are the series that just have a crappy ending *cough*Chaos Head*cough* and leave you saying "WTF was that?".

There is some out there that i would really wish for them to complete bc way to much was left open or just continue bc so much more could be done with it such as Blood+, Magic Knights Rayearth, Amatsuki, Earth Girl Arjuna is one that really needs to continue but Pilot Candidate needs to more though, Fruits Basket is one that really needs to continue hell the Manga is done they need to continue it like hella bad....those r just some of the ones off the top of my head.

However Busou Renkin had a pretty good ending, GetBackers was an anime with a decent ending could use more but doesnt need more.

However there is one anime i am going to put in a different spot for itself: Ikki Tousen....OKay for those that have or want to see it I have not seen the newest season of it yet however Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians. The ending was an awesome way to end it well for an ecchi series i guess but when i found out that they were coming out with a new season i was like "OH GOD PLEASE DONT" its good how it is please dont f*ck it up its fine how it is it doesnt need more. So far i have seen alittle bit n i think I watched the first ep n i will say now not impressed yet but I dont drop animes so i will complete it.

I have never been disappointed with the ending of an anime until i watched Soul Eater's ending and man was that WTF----Really?! moment. Even when the anime may leave a cliff hanger or a to be continued feeling, i'm okay with it as it leaves me in hope that a part 2 may be in the making especially if i really enjoyed the anime

of all the anime that i have about 90% of them gives you an empty feeling or they just end sudenly leaving the "WTF!?" feeling it is as though all anime wants to give you the indication that there will be a second season out but then only in abt five yrs does the seacond sseason come out or it just doesnt come out due to thee fact that either there was a budget cut or even the director got too famous to go further with series and no one gives a crap to go further on the series. like devil lady.. i know there will always be monsters out there but what about herself...? such questions just gives way to ideas and suggestions and never be satisfied in the end. once that happens i rarely even watch it again to find out mayube some thing that i missed the first time around.

For me it is often, I love watching animes and I hope that the endings will be the greatest bits about them but some animes don't get ending or an ending that just closes off without the story finishing like Inuyasha. I love animes that end like Death Note or even Gurren Lagann now they are endings.

but some animes don't get ending or an ending that just closes off without the story finishing like Inuyasha.

Did you only see the first season of Inuyasha? Coz the story gets a complete ending in the second season otherwise known as Inuyasha: The Final Act.

Well for me it's "sometimes". Of all the animes I have seen, I have been disappointed with 30% animes ending. For example, I was disappointed by the ending of Ao No Exorcist, Flame of Recca, etc. (don't know how others felt about them though).