How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

TheLostFool

How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you disappointed with the ending of an anime?

This is what is special about Anime compared to American Cartoons. They dont always have to have a good ending and that is what makes them unique! Yes, sometimes I dont like the endings, but thats only when I know that there is more to the story. such as Shikabane Hime and Kekkaishi among many others

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on most anime that leave a cliff hanger or just dont continue as being animated and it continues in manga, those disappoint me the most. Air Gear and Claymore for example, ended as anime, but the manga still keep going. Once you start the series off as an anime, reading the manga doesnt give the same feeling

I agree with other posters about the lack of a true ending, but sometimes (in the case of Soul Eater), it's not that it was a 'bad' ending, it just became another "oh, this is just the beginning...there will be another threat, and we'll be there" (and so the cycle begins anew) blah blah blah moral lesson blah blah blah *cue dramatic music* curtain call.

• 7 months later...

I'm kinda in between as far as how often I'm disappointed in an ending. I hate it when it's rushed or just doesn't end in reference to completness and loose ends being tied up. Air Gear comes to mind as one being rushed towards the end and moving to far away from the manga storyline leaving holes and no true ending. That being said, I love a fast paced anime that leaves you wanting more (FLCL and Cromartie High School Jump to mind).

• 2 weeks later...