Usernames

Apollo

hmmm lets see i started on the forums as shazichan, which is my nickname shazi which the chan at the end without the hyphen. i chose it mainly because it's close to my real name, so i'd respond to it, and also one of my best friends growing up calls me shazi-chan. i changed it to just shazi because it was quicker and people shortened it =P

Lol. Well I used to go by "Shiratara" (it was my roleplay name for a lot of things as well as many, MANY, websites.) Though I scrapped it when I finally got tired of people somehow missing the "RA" in the middle of the name (that's what I get for using it with kids my age, can't spell for jack.)

Then I moved onto Kasoivc because it sounded russian and cool, apparently it's not even a real name(Epic sauce, I made up a russian sounding name that'd never been used before!?) and eventually added "de Lecroixe" to it after my runs through Demons Soul.

Lyung-Hie : I refer to this one as my asian online name, anonymous-code name ftw~

Shiki? I dunno, I changed it from Kasoivc/Lyung-Hie because people started getting Kaso mixed up with other people and we had a lot of people joining up with a "K" as the first letter in their username. -Originally it came from Togainu no Chi and then I realized there's a Shiki in TWEWY too (Been awhile since I played TWEWY lol)

When I was playing Grand Fantasia, I made a new char but couldn't think of a name and my partner said how about "Tyranical" ... But I thought it sounded too much like a guy so we changed it to "Tyranity" with the extra "x"'s for a bit of flavour :P been using it since (which for those of you who noticed, hasn't really been all that long lol)

My original username was "Punner" which is a deravitive of my name. I made it when I signed up for RuneScape and didn't want to give my real name.

After that, I changed it to "Iki" after being influenced by the awesomeness of Air Gear. (Only 1 "k" because on most places, it's already taken by Ikki Tousen fans or something ...)

Recently, I saw username with a star in it and i was all - "YOU CAN PUT A STAR IN IT!?" I had recently been watching Soul Eater so I took Black Star, put a star symbol in the middle and there you go.

My username came about because of my nationality (I'm Filipino). Back in the day with my generation and the one before me. We were a height challenged people. I was the tallest and for the most part strongest guy in my circle. Ted is the name my family and friends call me.

• 3 months later...

From the very first episode of Yu Yu Hakusho, I became a Botan fan. I loved how she was so cheery and humorous. She was the last person you would expect to be a 'grim reaper'. Botan was one of the characters that caught my interest to carry on not only watching the series but reading it too.

It's one of my absolute favorites, has been for years. Hence my username.

[[Sorry for not seeing this thread sooner!]]

Kinara is a Japanese name I created for myself. I used to have a lot of other names but this was the only one I actually adopted a lot. Uzumaki is of course from the anime Naruto. I put those two names together and they are my user names in lots of places, including my email and Facebook accounts. Kinara Uzumaki is also my RP character for Naruto. Lots of people even call me that in real life because to them, its unusual and so they remember it better than my real name.

well i got mine, from when i was a kid...there was a player on monster hunter that helped me out with everything and was also like a badass and extremely good at the game. His name was creepingdeath, so i just changed mine to Kreepingdeath, and i got 69 from being a major pervert at my school so everyone just associated those numbers with me.

The history of mine username

Well, once upon a time a young man almost never read any books, but somehow got a hold of a book on King Arthur (70 percent sure it was Le Morte D'Arthur, but never took down the exact title and can only speculate based on sources describing the book) and fell in love with a heroic character Launcelot du Lake. It means something like "of the lake," so it's more or less nonsense in the context I use it in, but I like it because it's a subtle nod to a beloved character that is obscure enough that I don't have to add numbers or some such nonsense. I think I considered adopting it a few years back when I realized just how god awful my first alias (Scarlet Condor *shudders*) was. Eventually, I started to use it for random stuff and here it is.

I've thought about a few other names from more modern/fitting characters (I've played around with Major Major as a possible name. He's from one of my favorite books, plus it would be something of a tribute to an old friend), but DuLake just felt like it worked. Hell, he's also about as phallic a character as you can get. Screws Guinevere, Elaine, a handful of other women, carries a sword, and, oh yeah, he's named after a giant wooden stick. It just oozes testosterone. I don't know, not very fitting for my personality, but that's kind of the beauty of the internet, what you see is not what you get.