Usernames

Apollo

First of all, I joined Kametsu because I'm an orphan from Demonoid.me. Fidelbd would post his encodes to Demonoid's website up until Naruto Shippuden dub episode 82.

I found Kametsu from the direct links he posted on his torrents and decided to make my typical short term username, vcxz, the 4 letters backwards at the bottom left of the keyboard, easy

My usertitle, ¿'pop'n'fresh'®, comes from my high school nickname

Seeing that Kametsu has a strong forum with multiple encoders, I know that I'm going to be here for a fair amount of time.

That being said, I might change my username to something more meaningful (related to rapper J. Cole) but do I really have to pay $20,000 Gil? :dhh:

• 3 weeks later...

Well for me J-lord is just an expansion on my last username. I used J-lord to, I guess give myself a dark feel. My Original Username as some may know what Jrich144 The first letter J is my initial for my first name and rich is the first four letters of my last name and as for the number 144 I had a school login that used this number so it kinda stuck with me.

Mine is a contraction of my usual Username - ErutanXiku -> EXiku. (Xiku pronounced Ziku, though thinking about it Shiku sounds quite cool too :P)

The origin goes back to when I was in sixth form and really into role-playing and Dragonball Z. A friend and I would RP through MSN; I came up with Erutan C. M. Xiku as my character name and it stuck. I also go by other variations like ECMX; Eru and Erumiran.

The 'Miran' bit doesn't stand for the 'M' - Miran is probably my first username and was a contraction of Miranda (a character from The Legend of Dragoon) I didn't stick with it for long as shortly after that I met my RP-buddy.

Only once did I go by a completely different name for a short time on a DBZ RPG board (Golden Saiyans) and that was Cephilroud - an OC character I created when writing my first FFVII fanfic: Final Fantasy VII: Destiny of the One Winged Angel.

Thus is my tale :)

My username has an interesting kind of history to it and a sorta secret meaning which I share with other people so it's not really secret :P.

My online life began when I started playing Halo Trial (raise your hand if you were also once a Halo Trial player :D). That game let you rename yourself whenever you want to whatever you want (even duplicate usernames). I went through a lot of different usernames at that time; a few that I remember are: 天元 (Tengen in Japanese, translates roughly to Axis of Heaven), Kagamiria (random Japanese sounds I put together), and Ko (as you can tell I was into Japanese at the time).

At some point I found out that you could have special characters in your name too. I didn't know what alt-codes were before, so I looked up a bunch and found a list like this and printed it. I then went through a phase of having random characters in my username (all still on Halo Trial). Now, Halo Trial had "clans" just like other FPS games have clans now. The way you got into a clan or designated a clan which you were in was to do [<clanname>] or {<clanname>} in your username (either b4 or after, but I never saw in the middle). Me, being anti-social, didn't want to actually join a clan, but me, still being a little social, wanted to fit in. So I founded my own clan: [¿¿¿]. That amounted to putting that character set on the back of my username. Now, founding a clan was a momentous occasion so I needed a cool new username to go with it. I spent about 5 minutes putting random alt codes in when I got this: Ðæ. I instantly fell in love with it, so Ðæ[¿¿¿] became my username for the rest of my time on Halo Trial. It was cool (alt-codes :D) it was balanced, and it was unique. As an aside, I played Halo Trial A LOT, I got good enough to where I could go through a 2 hour full game online session and come out with 500 kills and 25 deaths as an average. As long as I had an AR I could take banshees down, as long as I had a sniper no warthog driver was safe, and as long as I had a pistol and/or nades no one could stop me. Moving on...

Fast forward about a year HT has died out, and I'm moving on to other things online. I quickly find out that most websites where I'd like to sign up don't allow those special characters that my username had in them. Also [¿¿¿] had no special meaning outside of HT so it went poof. Ðæ stayed though. Ðæ was nice, and I liked it. However, the normal characterization of it, Dae, was taken usually since it was such a simple character set. I went through several different site sign ups (all sites that I've forgotten now) trying different numbers after Dae: Dae001, Dae808, Dae123, etc. None of them were really special though. That's where I have my friend to thank. At the time I was doing this, my friend was memorizing pi (3.1415...). I think he ultimately got to 53 digits then stopped, but at some point I noticed he was doing it. Then it struck me. I had always been using the "Japanese" pronunciation of Dae (Da-eh), and the reason why none of the other number combos were working was because they just didn't go with the sound Dae. However the sound pi... Dae-pi. It had a very slight slant rhyme to it. I liked it, and even better, how could pi be represented? 3.14. Dae314. Dae-pi. It was perfect. A tiny bit of history in it. A tiny bit of slant rhyme in it. A tiny bit of geekyness in it (although I wasn't a geek at the time). It was balanced (3-and-3). It was unique (it was free in just about every site I tried). It was mine. And I've kept the name ever since.

...At some point I found out that you could have special characters in your name too. I didn't know what alt-codes were before, so I looked up a bunch and found a list like this and printed it. I then went through a phase of having random characters in my username.....

Yeah alt-codes, that's where I got my tags for my usertitle ¿'pop'n'fresh'®:dhh:

• 2 weeks later...
Jarlaxle is the Drow leader of the Mercenary group Bregan D'aerthe, located in the Underdark of the Forgotten Realms, a character created by R.A. Salvatore. He first appeared in Salvatore's second (although chronologically the first) book trilogy starring the popular Drizzt Do'Urden: The Dark Elf Trilogy. Jarlaxle is not exactly a 'good guy', but not exactly an evil guy either. Always makes for the most interesting characters. ;)

Well this username is pretty simple it's just my first and middle name put together using the sounds and turned around. It started when I was with my best friend and we were calling everyone by their names backwards. It stuck to me though after my friends were talking about making new names for a game that was coming out (sadly I never got to play it). Recently I've added a surname though so yeah Esalena Kahne is my fursona ~(v.v)~

I've gone by different names though Liath (FFXI) being my favorite character in Crown of Stars series by Kate Elliot. Kahne = Cane

Well, my alias is easily explained, it is a nickname for people from my Province of Nova Scotia. A famous sailing ship was built here called the Bluenose, indeed the avatar I use is a picture of a model of it. I am very proud of my home region and its history so it seemed a way to reflect a part of who I am without revealing too much about myself or where exactly I live (I am a little security conscious, I've had bad experiences in the past when I wasn't from the old days on bbses, and with the increased pool for nuts out there in the much wider internet I tend to err on the side of cation). Not much else to say about it really...